Pintail Apartment Bamburgh Northumberland – Home 612121 Apartment
- 2 bedrooms
- 4 sleeps
- min stay varies
Pintail Apartment Bamburgh Northumberland – Home 612121
- 2 bedrooms
- sleeps 4
- min stay varies
Apartment / 2 bedrooms / 1 bathroom / sleeps 4
- Beach / lakeside relaxation
- Child friendly
- Car not necessary
- No pets allowed
Description from owner
Pintail Apartment is a 4 star rated 1st floor property in a quiet cul de sac only a few minutes walk to the centre of Bamburgh and Bamburgh Castle. It really is the perfect base to explore the Beautiful Northumberland Coast and Castles. Comprising of 2 generously sized bedrooms (1 x double and 1 x twin) perfect for families and couples. The apartment has been tastefully furnished and immaculately maintained throughout.Judith & Peter are the new owners and have just been awarded a 4 star rating from visit England.Whilst at Bamburgh, why not visit The Farne Islands which is the home of wonderful puffins, seals and whales. Or take a trip to the Famous Alnwick Castle where Harry Potter was filmed. Alnwick Gardens is also a must as are Warkworth & Dunstanburgh Castle which are all within easy reach by car. There are many wonderful places to eat within walking distance from the property.You will not be disappointed when you stay at Pintail Bamburgh. A real home from home with an abundance
Pintail Apartment is a 4 star rated 1st floor property in a quiet cul de sac only a few minutes walk to the centre of Bamburgh and Bamburgh Castle. It really is the perfect base to explore the Beautiful Northumberland Coast and Castles. Comprising of 2 generously sized bedrooms (1 x double and 1 x twin) perfect for families and couples. The apartment has been tastefully furnished and immaculately maintained throughout.Judith & Peter are the new owners and have just been awarded a 4 star rating from visit England.Whilst at Bamburgh, why not visit The Farne Islands which is the home of wonderful puffins, seals and whales. Or take a trip to the Famous Alnwick Castle where Harry Potter was filmed. Alnwick Gardens is also a must as are Warkworth & Dunstanburgh Castle which are all within easy reach by car. There are many wonderful places to eat within walking distance from the property.You will not be disappointed when you stay at Pintail Bamburgh. A real home from home with an abundance of things to do and places to see.NB: Please note as this is a 1st floor apartment it does have 1 x small flight of stairs
Location description from owner
The England region
Pintail Apartment Bamburgh Northumberland is within the Heritage Coast which covers an area of stunning beaches, islands (Lindisfarne and the Farnes) and castles (Alnwick, Bamburgh, Warkworth, Dunstanburgh, Holy Island).
Bamburgh Fair is a twice annual event which is a must if you are staying at Pintail during this time, it is in the centre of Bamburgh, just a 5 min walk from Pintail Apartment and often attracts over 2,000 visitors.
Bamburgh Fair is on the Sundays during the May and August Bank holidays.
Nearby Points of Interest
• BAMBURGH CASTLE (0.5 miles from Pintail)
• Magnificent iconic 11th Century fortress standing on a rocky outcrop dominating the surrounding countryside and coastline. In a fantastic state of preservation and chosen by one celebrity as her favourite view for a tv programme. Here one can "stand in the footsteps of Kings".
• HOLY ISLAND (16 mi)
• LINDISFARNE. The cradle of early Christianity. Reached by a causeway which is covered by the tide twice a day (safe crossing times provided) to visit the Castle, which can be seen from miles around, and the Priory. Wonderful beaches on the less frequently visited North side of the island. Great for bird watchers year round but particularly in the winter and during migration.
• FARNE ISLANDS (4 mi)
• A paradise for bird watchers and a great day out for everyone. Seals and seabirds (including Puffins) abound depending upon the time of year. Featured in BBC Naturewatch. Scene of the famous rescue by Grace Darling following the wreck of the Forfarshire (museum in Bamburgh village). Boat trips leave from Seahouses.
• ALNWICK (17 mi)
• Said by one national newspaper to be the best place to live in England. The Castle is the home of the Duke of Northumberland and location for the filming of Harry Potter. The now world famous Alnwick Garden, brainchild of the Duchess of Northumberland, is not to be missed. Alnwick also boasts a well-supported local theatre, Music Festival and many other events.
• NORTHUMBERLAND NATIONAL PARK (20 mi)
• If a day away from the beaches appeals, the National Park covers some of the most wonderful scenery in the country with hundreds of miles of walking and cycling routes on country roads and off-road tracks. Keilder with its water sports, Ospreys, walks and cycling (track around the reservoir) is well within reach.
• BIRD WATCHING (0 mi)
• A bird watchers' paradise throughout the year. In winter Holy Island flats are a magnet for swants and geese while the coastline in general is often the first landfall for migrants from Scandinavia. The Farne Islands are famous for their breeding colonies of Terns, Shags and Puffins - look out for Roseate Terns! Eider Duck can be seen at almost any time of year. Go to Holy Island for Fulmars and Kittiwakes and in winter there is always the chance of a surprise such as Waxwings or Bluethroats
• WALKING (1 mi)
• Many of the visitors to Pintail Apartment Bamburgh take advantage of the opportunities for walking the Coastal Trail which provides good safe paths with ever changing, breathtaking views.CYCLING (0 mi)
• The flat areas on the coastal plain provide miles of good cycling with so much variety that all members of the family, of whatever age, can have a really enjoyable time.
• HORSE RIDING (16 mi)
• The North Beach of Holy Island offers fantastic opportunities for hard sand riding. Book your ride at the Riding Centre at Kimmerston.
• GOLF (3 mi)
• 18 hole links course described as "the friendliest course in Northumberland".
The area of Bamburgh is of amazing beauty and you would be hard pushed to find a more beautiful coastline in the region.
The Imposing Bamburgh Castle is a stunning sight at any time of the year. For those brides to be who may be looking for a wedding venue with a difference then this a place to consider as Bamburgh Castle caters for weddings too.
There are some wonderful places to eat and drink within Bamburgh and only a 5 minute walk from Pintail so no need to take the car.
- Great for children of all ages
- No pets allowed
- Cot available
Bed & bathroom
- 1 Double Bed, 2 Single Beds, 1 Cot available
- 1 Family bathroom
- Wi-Fi available
- Internet access
- Central heating
- Washing machine
- DVD player
- Hair dryer
- Linen provided
- Towels provided
- Not suitable for wheelchair users
- Check in time:16:00, Check out time:10:00
- If you have any questions about check-in or check-out times, please contact the owner/manager.
- This rental can only be paid for online through Holiday Lettings using your credit/debit card or PayPal (never by bank or wire transfer).
- No smoking at this property
- Cancellation policy
2. We do not allow stag or hen parties at this property.
About the owner
- Response rate:
- Calendar updated::
- 19 May 2017
- Years listed:
- Overall rating:
Languages spoken: English
This Apartment has 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom and sleeps 4. It’s been listed on Holiday Lettings since 06 Sep 2013. Located in Northumberland, it has 14 reviews with an overall rating of 5. The average weekly rate varies from £650 to £725.
The Owner has a response rate of 100% and the property’s calendar was last updated on 19 May 2017.
Map and how to get there
– based on 14 reviews
- Very Good
Fantastic apartment.. Very comfortable, spacious, warm and well furnished. Lots of lovely touches, wine and chocolates (thank you Judith!), but also lots of practical things such as good quality linen/bedding, thoughtful lighting, hand wash/cream at each sink, dishwasher tablets, tea towels, sharp knives and a working tin opener to name a few. I didn't have to get my usual self-catering supply bag out of the car!! We all agreed it was definitely home from home. Highly recommend the boat trip to the Farne Islands (Serenity Boat Trips) to see seals and puffins- magical! Bamburgh Castle, Lindisfarne and Barter Books in Alnwick all worth a look, but there were loads of other lovely attractions, villages, cafes and pubs. Castle Inn in Bamburgh very good with a good veggie choice. All in all a great short break and we would definitely stay at Pintail again!
Owner's reply: Dear Judy, thanks for your fantastic review and I am so pleased that you had a great time and that you will consider coming back again. It is very much appreciated when guests take the time to leave a review so thanks once again until next time! Kind regards Judith
Build your perfect trip, with Holiday Lettings & TripAdvisor
Book with confidence
Pay online to be covered by Payment Protection
Real opinions, real reviews
Genuine guest feedback from 100,000+ reviews
Safe, simple, secure
When you pay online with PayPal or by credit/debit card
Quick response times
Know where you're staying within 24 hours