Information about us
Our site is operated by Holiday Lettings Limited, trading as holidaylettings.co.uk ("we", "us", "our"). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 5282912 and have our registered office at 7 Soho Square, London, W1D 3QB, UK.
We are an advertising service for Advertisers and an accommodation search facility for Holidaymakers. We do not own, inspect or provide content for any of the properties advertised on our site. The one qualification is our special photography service for Advertisers. Where you see photographs or videos displaying the words 'Visited by Holiday Lettings', these have been taken by photographers working for or in conjunction with us, as a result of the Advertiser commissioning such service from us. However, although we may provide the photograph or video, we do not warrant that we have conducted any inspection of the property. Advertiser shall be responsible for ensuring that it has all necessary rights, licences and authorisations to rent property.
Except in relation to adverts allowing online booking where we may act as an agent in order to facilitate payments to enable transactions between Advertiser and Holidaymaker, we have absolutely no involvement in the booking process or transaction. We make no claims as to the quality, safety or legality of any of the properties advertised. Neither can we confirm the accuracy of the advertisements or their content. It is the sole responsibility of the Advertiser to be eligible to rent the property and the sole responsibility of the Holidaymaker to pay for the rental.
Material on our site
All copyright, database rights, trade marks and design rights in our site and in the material published on it belong to us, our licensors or our Advertisers.
You may download material from our site for the sole purpose of using our site, but you must not copy, transmit, modify, republish, save, pass off or link to any content or material on our site without our prior written consent.
You may forward material from our site to third parties by using the 'Send to Friend' tool. By using this tool you confirm that you have obtained prior consent to receiving material from our site from any third parties to whom you send material.
Advertisers, Holidaymakers or any other person shall not use our site for any marketing or advertising purposes which are not permitted by us. Any such use of our site shall, in our discretion, result in us refusing to list any property and/or discontinuing the ability of the person infringing this provision from using our site.
Consideration should always be given to the nature of advertisements and contracts transacted on the Internet, and the risks involved. Direct contact between Advertisers and Holidaymakers in relation to a booking may not occur and so you must therefore proceed with care and judgement when using our site.
Any contract for the rental of any property listed on our site is directly between an Advertiser and a Holidaymaker (each a "Booking Contract") and we are not a party to that contract.
In recognition of this, you acknowledge that any claim you may have that is in any way connected with a dispute you have with an Advertiser on our site must be brought directly against that Advertiser and not against us.
We may provide an online payment platform, giving you the ability to make online payments to Advertisers via PayPal, credit card, debit card or other payment options. We may change or withdraw such platform at any time without notice in our sole discretion.
Although we may provide the technical platform to enable such payments, we are not responsible for the payment solutions themselves and we still are not a party to the contract between you and the Advertiser. In particular, we are not responsible for any decision taken by PayPal or another provider to decline your payment, based on its risk assessment of you or that transaction. You shall not hold us liable for any losses you suffer as a result of making an online payment to an Advertiser. If you need customer support in relation to an online payment, you should contact PayPal or your bank or credit card provider (as applicable).
You agree to indemnify and keep us indemnified from and against any and all claims, actions, proceedings, damages, losses, liabilities and expenses (including legal fees) suffered or incurred by us arising out of or in connection with your use of our online payment platform to make payments to Advertisers, in particular any claims from Advertisers, PayPal or other payment solution providers resulting from your actions or omissions.
Edit Booking will permit Advertisers to edit bookings from the Owner Dashboard instead of through Customer Service. The aspects of a booking that the Advertiser and Holidaymaker may agree to change using the Edit Booking feature may include, without limitation, dates for check in or check out, number of Holidaymakers, rental cost and fees. Edit Booking will not be available in all cases, and when this feature is unavailable, the Advertiser must call Customer Service to edit the booking. If Edit Booking is available, certain edits may not be permissible. In such cases, an error message will be displayed in the Edit Booking window.
To edit a booking the Advertiser clicks the "edit booking" link on the Conversation Page. The request to edit will generate an email to the Holidaymaker, informing the Holidaymaker that they have 48 hours to accept the changes on the Website. If the Holidaymaker does not accept the edit in this timeframe, the edit request will expire and the booking will remain unchanged. If the Holidaymaker accepts the edit requested, the booking information in the Owner Dashboard will be updated to reflect the change.
If an edit to a booking results in the price changing, the following describes how the Holidaymaker will be charged or refunded, as applicable:
- If the Holidaymaker has a balance payment due for the initial booking and the edit results in the price going up, the balance due will be updated to include the additional charges.
- If the Holidaymaker has fully paid for the initial booking and the edit results in the price going up, the Holidaymaker must pay the new balance within the timeframe given (usually no longer than 96 hours from acceptance of the edit to the booking) or we reserve the right to cancel the entire booking, in which case funds will be disbursed as if the Holidaymaker had cancelled the booking.
- If the Holidaymaker has a balance payment due for the initial booking and the edit results in the price going down, the balance due will be updated to reflect the reduction in price.
- If the Holidaymaker has fully paid for the initial booking and the edit results in the price going down, we will refund the excess amount that the Holidaymaker paid within a commercially reasonable time.
Please note that editing a booking that increases or decreases the total booking amount will result in a corresponding increase or decrease to the commissions or fees due to Holiday Lettings.
Special Considerations for Holidaymaker Cancellations after Edit Booking
In general, the amount an Advertiser will receive in the event of a Holidaymaker cancellation will be as set forth in the applicable cancellation policy agreed in connection with the initial booking (e.g., 20% of the booking value). In some instances, after an Edit Booking event, there may be a shortfall in the amount set forth in the cancellation policy and Advertisers will receive, instead, the funds collected from the Holidaymaker as of the date of cancellation.
For illustrative purposes, if a payment balance remains outstanding at the time a booking is edited, we will not charge the Holidaymaker an additional deposit when the booking is edited. Instead, the Holidaymaker will pay all additional charges on the date the balance from the initial booking is due. This may impact the amount the Advertiser receives upon a cancellation. For example, a Holidaymaker books a property for one night at a rate of €100 and 20% (or €20) is taken as a deposit immediately, with the 80% (or €80) balance due one month prior to stay. One week later, the owner and Holidaymaker edit the booking to two nights, thereby increasing the total stay amount to €200. No additional deposit will be taken and the additional €100 charge for the second night will be added to the balance due and paid one month prior to stay. If the Holidaymaker cancels before the €180 balance is due, the amount disbursed to the Advertiser on cancellation will be the original €20 deposit, minus any fees or commissions due to us, even though the cancellation policy calls for the Advertiser to receive a greater amount upon cancellation.
We reserve the right to delete any pending edit requests submitted by the Advertiser without notice to the Advertiser or Holidaymaker. After a booking is edited, we reserve the right to revert the booking to its initial state after informing both parties.
Our limitation of liability and responsibility
We act merely as an advertising service through which Advertisers can advertise properties to Holidaymakers. We do not own nor have we inspected nor do we have any control whatsoever over any property listed on our site and we make no representations or warranties regarding any of the properties.
While we require Advertisers to advertise properties truthfully, fairly and accurately, and we take reasonable steps to remove advertisements from our site following any complaint from a Holidaymaker or another Advertiser, we have no control over the accuracy of any advertisement or the capacity of any Advertiser to make a booking with a Holidaymaker.
As such, we disclaim all liability and responsibility for any loss or damage (including personal injury) suffered or incurred by you or another party arising from:
- any reliance by any user of our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents, placed on any advertisement, commentary and other materials posted on our site by Advertisers, or any error or mistake or inaccuracy contained in any statement, description, representation or other information made about or in connection with a property listed on our site;
- the act or omission of the Advertiser or any failure of the Advertiser to perform or comply with any of the terms of the contract between the Advertiser and you, including a failure to provide the property on the requested date (whether due to a double-booking or otherwise), or a failure to provide the property in the condition or with the amenities that such property was advertised on our site;
- any loss of or damage to personal possessions at a property; or
- any incident or occurrence which takes place at a property.
Although we will do our best to prevent intentional misuse of our site and the dissemination of harmful programs via our site, we will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by any intentional misuse of our site or the distribution of viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site.
In certain circumstances, we may decide, in our sole discretion, that it is necessary or desirable to override your cancellation policy, and to cancel a booking. We may also determine, in our sole discretion, to refund to the Holidaymaker part or all of the amounts charged to the Holidaymaker. You agree that none of: Holiday Lettings, the relevant Holidaymaker or relevant Advertiser, will have any liability for such cancellations or refunds.
If we are in breach of these terms or otherwise liable to you (including, without limitation, for our negligence), we will only be responsible for any direct damages or losses you incur that result from your use of our site up to the value of the fees (if any) that you have paid to us. We shall not be liable for any indirect losses or damages suffered by you. Our liability to you shall not in any event include business losses (which includes without limitation loss or corruption of data, loss of profits or contracts, loss of revenue, loss of anticipated savings in expenditure, or business interruption) as a result of our breach of contract or negligence or otherwise.
This does not affect our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or if something we do negligently causes death or personal injury, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
If you consider any of the content of any videos, photographs or any other material posted on our site by any Advertiser to be offensive, discriminatory, defamatory or libellous or otherwise inappropriate ("Inappropriate Content"), please notify us of such content by sending us details of the content you consider to be inappropriate and the reason why you consider such content to be inappropriate.
Upon receipt of notification that any content is considered to be inappropriate, we will review such content and shall decide whether to remove such content from our site.
Please send details of any content which you consider to be Inappropriate Content to us:
By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
By post to: Holiday Lettings Ltd. Hinshelwood Building, Edmund Halley Road, Oxford Science Park, Oxford, OX4 4GB, United Kingdom.
Copyright Complaint Policy - Infringement Notification:
If you believe in good faith that materials hosted on our site infringe your copyright, please provide the written information requested below. The procedure outlined below is exclusively for notifying us that your copyrighted material has been infringed.
Please provide the following information in the following format (including Section Numbers):
- A clear identification of the copyrighted work you claim was infringed.
- a clear identification of the material you claim is infringing the copyrighted work, and information that will allow us to locate that material on our site, such as a link to the infringing material;
- your contact information so that we can reply to your complaint, preferably including an email address and telephone number;
- include the following statement: "I have a good faith belief that the material that is claimed as copyright infringement is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- include the following statement: "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and I am the copyright owner, or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. and
- the notice must be signed by the person authorised to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Notices of claims of copyright infringement on our site should be emailed or mailed to our copyright agent:
- TripAdvisor LLC., Attn: Legal Department, 141 Needham Street, Newton, MA 02464, USA
- Phone Number: 617-670-6544 (US)
We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a notice or counter-notice. Also, please note that you may be liable for damages (including costs and attorney's fees) if you make a false claim of copyright infringement.
We will review and address all notices that comply with the requirements above.
Repeat Infringer Policy
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") and other applicable law, we have adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and at our sole discretion Advertisers or Holidaymakers access to our site who are deemed to be repeat infringers. We may also at our sole discretion limit access to our site and/or terminate the accounts of any users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.
Interruptions in our service
Whilst we take every care to maintain the continuity of our site, the Internet is not always a stable medium, and errors, omissions, interruptions of service and delays may occur at any time. As a result, we do not accept any on-going obligation or responsibility to operate our site or any particular part of it.
Links from our site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
No partnership or joint venture
We act as agent for the Advertiser for the facilitation of payments in relation to booking transactions through our site and for purposes of onward distribution of your advertisements. Except for this agency relationship, nothing in this Advertiser Agreement or in your use of our site creates, or is intended to establish, any partnership, joint venture or similar relationship between us and the Advertiser.
For the avoidance of doubt, we never act as a principal in connection with any of the transactions or services available on or through our site.
As between the Holidaymakers and us, nothing in this Advertiser Agreement or in their use of our site creates, or is intended to establish, any agency relationship, partnership or joint venture between us and Holidaymakers.
Law and jurisdiction
This Advertiser Agreement is governed by law of England and Wales, and the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our site (although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these terms in your country of residence or any other relevant country).
You agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations concerning your use of our site. Each and every booking carried out on, or as a result of use of, our site is deemed to be completed within the United Kingdom and therefore shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
If a Holidaymaker enters into a dispute with an Advertiser, alternative methods for resolving that dispute are available online here - http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/
Events beyond our control
We will not be in breach of this Advertiser Agreement, or otherwise liable for any failure or delay in performance, arising from any circumstances beyond our reasonable control including, without limitation, strikes, lock-outs and other industrial disputes, breakdown of systems or network access, flood, fire, explosion or accident.
If a provision of this Advertiser Agreement (or part of any provision) is found illegal, invalid or unenforceable, the enforceability of any other part of this Advertiser Agreement will not be affected.
We may revise this Advertiser Agreement or Booking Contract template at any time by amending the applicable web page or by publishing notices elsewhere on our site.
Any notices that you wish to send us should be emailed to email@example.com. Any notices that we may wish to draw to your attention to will be displayed on our site or through our newsletter communications.
Holiday Lettings Limited ("we", "us") is registered in England and Wales, Company registration number: 5282912. Our registered office is: 7 Soho Square, London, W1D 3QB, UK. We are registered under the Data Protection Act 1998, number Z914623X. We treat the personal information of site users with the utmost respect and confidentiality and take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is stored securely and accurately.
In general, we use the information we collect about you to help our advertisers provide accommodation solutions to users of our site, provide information services to relevant third parties, improve the features and services we offer and support our own marketing and promotion efforts.
Our Website is part of the TripAdvisor® Media Network, which is owned and operated by TripAdvisor LLC.
We understand that providing information online involves a great deal of trust on your part. We take this trust very seriously, and make it a high priority to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information you provide to us when you visit our Website or use our services.
What information we collect from you
We receive and store any information you enter on our Website or give us in any other way. This includes information that can be used to identify you as an individual or to contact you directly ("personal information").
Personal information includes information you provide us such as your first and last name, telephone number, postal and email addresses, user name and password, and payment information (such as your credit card number, cardholder name, and card expiration date). We may also request information about your travel plans, style, and preferences, including about your property (if you are an advertiser) and the type of property you wish to rent.
You can choose not to provide this personal information to us, but in general some information about you is required in order for you to receive relevant offerings from Holiday Lettings and its partners and enjoy other benefits of being a user of the Website; make rental property bookings; or participate in a survey, promotion or contest. In addition, some information is also required in order for you to ask us a question or initiate other transactions on our site. We also collect and store details of enquiries, bookings, transactions, refunds, chargebacks or other claims or events relating to advertisements and/or payments.
Other information we may choose to collect may also include details such as your IP address, information identifying your device, and website browsing history to the extent that information is about you.
Automatic Collection of Information.
We automatically collect some information from your computer or device when you visit the Website. For example, we will collect session data, including your IP address, web browser software, and referring website. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as properties viewed and reservations made. One of our goals in collecting this automatic information is to help us understand the interests and preferences of our users and customise your user experience.
Cookies and Other Web Technologies.
Like many websites, we use "cookies" to enable us to personalise your visits to our site, simplify the signing-in procedure, keep track of your preferences and to track the usage of our Website. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored in the hard drive of your computer by your browser. Your browser will have the option to prevent websites using cookies (your browser's help screen or manual will tell you how to do this), but please note that this may reduce the functionality of our site and other websites.
Like all websites, our servers automatically record "log files" containing information about the volume and characteristics of our website traffic e.g. Internet Protocol (IP) address, numbers of pages viewed, length of time spent on site. We use log files to build pictures of how our site is used, which help us to monitor and improve the service. We cannot identify you from your log files alone.
Display of Advertising/Your Choices.
Data collected to serve you with relevant advertising
Holiday Lettings is committed to providing you with relevant content and information across our sites.
To do this, we may collect information about your travel-related searches and other site activities and use this information to serve you with ads on our sites or elsewhere online that match your interests.
We may share your personal contact information (such as email addresses) with affiliated third parties so they can serve you with advertisements.
Data collected by business partners and ad networks to serve you with relevant advertising
Many of the advertisements you see on the TripAdvisor family of sites are served by a company in the TripAdvisor group or one of its service providers. But we also allow third parties to collect information about your online activities through cookies and other technologies. The information gathered by these third parties is used to make predictions about your characteristics, interests or preferences and to display advertisements on our sites and across the Internet tailored to your interests.
How we use your information
If you have signed up as an advertiser, we will send you email messages at the email address you provide to us. Advertisers can update their information and change settings on their 'Your Account' page once signed in.
We want to make it easy for you to take advantage of travel-related opportunities on our Website. One way we do this is by sending you email messages that contain information about your travel-related interests. We believe these email messages will provide you with useful information about travel-related special offers available through our sites. Please note that you will have the opportunity to choose not to receive these email messages in any such email we send, or you can e-mail us.
Please review "Your rights and choices with respect to the collection and use of your information" section below for more information.
With whom we share your information
Holiday Lettings may share your information with the following entities:
- Suppliers including but not limited to property managers or owners who fulfill your travel reservations, and photography service providers (if you choose to avail of such service). Throughout the Website and its affiliated sites, all products and services provided by third-party suppliers are described as such.
- Payment solution providers such as PayPal (if you use such payment solution providers), whereby you agree that we may share data about you with PayPal/the other provider and vice versa in order to facilitate or assess your use of the online payment platform or for other internal purposes. Such data may include details of enquiries, bookings, transactions, refunds, chargebacks or other claims or events relating to advertisements and/or payments.
- Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including business analytics, payment processing, customer service, marketing, public relations, distribution of surveys or promotions, and fraud prevention. We may also authorise third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including, for example, as necessary to operate features of our Website or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
- Business partners with whom we may offer products or services in conjunction, or whose products or services we think may be of interest to you. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear either with ours or separately. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
We also may share your information if we believe, in our sole discretion, that such disclosure is necessary…
- To comply with legitimate and enforceable subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors our Website receives or the most popular holiday destinations. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
How Long We Keep Your Information for
We may retain certain information associated with your use of the Website in our archives, including for analytical purposes as well as for record-keeping integrity. The periods for which we retain your information depend on the purpose for which we collected it and we use it.
We will not retain your personal information for longer than is necessary for our business purposes or for legal requirements.
Your rights and choices with respect to the collection and use of your information
- You can choose not to provide us with your personal information, although it may be needed to take advantage of certain features offered on the Website.
- You have the right to ask us what personal information we hold about you by contacting us at the address below (see "Contact Us"), and we may charge a small fee for providing you with this information.
- We endeavour to ensure that your personal information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, and complete.
- You will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from promotional messages in any such email we send.
- Please note that we may send you other communications, including service announcements, and administrative messages relating to your use of the Website.
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies from the Website, you will not be able to access portions of our site.
How we protect your information
We want you to feel confident about using the Website to plan and book your holiday rental, so we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no website can guarantee security, we have implemented and maintain appropriate physical, administrative, technical, and organisational measures to protect the personal information you provide us against unauthorised or unlawful access, use of disclosure, and against accidental loss, damage, alteration or destruction. For example, only authorised employees are permitted to access personal information, and they only may do so for permitted business functions.
If you are visiting our Website from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country, but please be assured that Holiday Lettings does take steps pursuant to laws in the United States to ensure that your privacy is protected.
How you can contact us
Call Recording and Monitoring.
Payment Protection Policy
Terms and Conditions
We provide the TripAdvisor Holiday Rentals Payment Protection Policy (the “Policy”) to customers who pay online using our payment platform (the “Platform”) for rental properties.
The terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to the company in the TripAdvisor Holiday Rentals group offering this Policy to you. This is Holiday Lettings Limited, FlipKey, Inc. or GUÍA DE APARTAMENTOS NIUMBA, S.L., or HouseTrip Limited depending on the terms and conditions you agreed to when you made a booking.
The terms “you”, “your” or “User” refer to the customer visiting our website (the “Website”) and paying on the Platform to rent a rental property displayed on the Website (each, a “Rental”). The Websites include: flipkey.com, holidaylettings.co.uk, niumba.com, housetrip.com and tripadvisor.co.uk (and all associated domains).
If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of the Policy, then you have no right to obtain reimbursement or claim any other rights under the Policy.
We may revise this Policy at any time and in our sole discretion by amending the applicable web page on the Website or by publishing notices elsewhere on the Website.
To qualify for reimbursement under this Policy, you must ensure that:
- your claim falls within one or more of the Covered Circumstances (as defined below);
- you paid for the Rental on the Platform;
- you took all reasonable steps to resolve the issue with the property owner/manager (the “Owner”);
- you are the person who made the booking; and
- you comply with all other requirements under the Policy.
The maximum amount in aggregate that we will reimburse you under this Policy (the “Coverage Limit”) is the lower of:
- the total amount you paid through the Platform for the Rental (the “Qualifying Payment”); and
- USD $10,000/£7,000/€7,000 (depending on the currency in which you paid).
You may not qualify for reimbursement under the Policy if you have requested a chargeback from your credit card company, or you have opened a dispute with PayPal in relation to part or all of your Qualifying Payment. If we have disbursed your payment before you make a claim, then you will need to provide us with evidence that you have attempted to claim reimbursement from the Owner, your bank or credit card company, as applicable.
Circumstances covered under this Policy
We will reimburse you for your losses up to the Coverage Limit, provided that you meet the claim requirements described above, and one or more of the following “Covered Circumstances” applies:
- Fraudulent Advertisement: the Owner does not own or manage the Rental, or is not the authorised agent of the property’s owner, or the Rental is not legally permitted to be rented.
- Compromised Owner: the personal email address of the Owner or the Owner’s account with us has been compromised by a fraudulent individual purporting to be the true Owner to induce payment from you.
- Inaccessible Rental: you have paid for the Rental in compliance with the booking contract, and you have complied with the Owner’s terms and conditions, but you have been denied entry to the Rental as a result of intentional and wrongful conduct of the Owner (which is deemed to include as a result of the Owner’s bankruptcy, insolvency or fraudulent activity), or the Rental is not in fact for rent. You will not be covered for any delay in accessing the Rental during the rental period. You must notify us of this condition no later than the first day of your expected rental period.
- Misrepresented Rental: the Rental has Material Differences or Defects (as defined below) compared with the advertised Rental, and: (i) you are unable to rent the Rental as intended; (ii) you document the Material Differences or Defects; and (iii) you notify the Owner and us of this condition no later than the first day of your rental period.
The meaning of “Material Differences or Defects” shall be determined in our sole discretion and, among other exceptions, it shall not cover cleanliness of the Rental; minor differences in the location of the Rental advertised and the actual location of the Rental; the presence or availability of local attractions; or maintenance issues with amenities or services.
Circumstances not covered under this Policy
We will not provide any reimbursement for loss of funds due to circumstances that are not included in the Covered Circumstances. For clarification, we will not cover losses in any of the following circumstances (which is not an exhaustive list).
- Any indirect losses; losses associated with travel arrangements, such as airfare or other transportation costs; opportunity losses; contractual losses; consequential losses; losses due to the weather or natural disasters; any losses other than the Qualifying Payment (subject to the Coverage Limit).
- If we or the Owner offer you alternative accommodation in lieu of the Rental, and you accept the alternative accommodation (which will be inferred if you stay at least one night at such alternative accommodation), you will not be able to claim, in respect of any sums paid, for the original Rental.
- Any damage deposits or other funds paid to the Owner using the Platform that are not returned due to damage or non-compliance with the Owner’s booking contract and/or cancellation policy.
- Any payments made in cash, or by cheque or wire transfer, or using any other type of payment service other than via the Platform.
- If you have a close personal connection with the Owner, for example, you are friends or members of the same family.
- Payments you make after we notify you that the Rental is fraudulent or has been removed from the Website.
- In relation to a Rental with Material Differences or Defects, where you fail to notify us no later than the first day of your rental period and you do not vacate the Rental by midnight on the day of check-in.
To make a claim under the Policy, you must take the following steps within the time periods described below.
- Inform us of the problem no later than the first day of your rental period by telephone. The telephone number is: +44 (0)20 3701 5375.
- Send a completed Claim Form to us with proof of identification and a detailed description of the circumstances surrounding your claim so that we receive it within 14 days of the first day of your rental period.
- Submit the Claim Form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can print the form and submit the form by post. Please telephone or email us to request the applicable address for submission.
- If the issue is due to fraudulent activity, you must obtain a police crime reference number/case number in relation to such issue and print it on the Claim Form. Details of how to obtain a crime reference number/case number are included on the Claim Form.
We shall complete the reimbursement claim process in a reasonable time frame (generally within four weeks) and will keep you informed of any decisions or additional documentation required to process your claim.
In our sole discretion, we shall make all decisions regarding claim and documentation requirements and eligibility under the Policy. Our decisions shall be final and binding on you.
©2016 Holiday Lettings Limited. All rights reserved
Last updated: 2016-05-19