Watercress Lodges & Campsite
from £69 /night help
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Contact the advertiser to confirm the total cost.
Availability Your dates are available
Lodge | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 6
Watercress Lodges self-catering holiday homes are nestled in rolling countryside at Dean Farm, Ropley. Rural Hampshire offers family fun with countryside walks and cycle routes all around.
• Six detached lodges available named after stations.
• Countryside walks and cycle routes all around.
• Close to the bustling Georgian market town of Alresford and only 20 minutes' drive from the delightful Cathedral city of
• The lodges offer the opportunity to get away to the countryside but with superb local facilities.
• Campground will be available from 2014 and will be the ideal getaway for families. Newly built shower block and toilet facilities.
• Short breaks available.
• The lodges are located in the rolling countryside at Dean Farm, Ropley, near Alresford. The family farm they have owned since the 1940's.
• The newly built self-catering accommodation is modern but comfortably furnished throughout.
• On the ground floor, spacious hallway leading off is, kitchen fitted with all modern appliances, granite worktops, dishwasher, and fridge freezer, and oven, hob with extractor fan, microwave, kettle & toaster.
• Separate utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer, iron and ironing board.
• Downstairs WC.
• Bright and airy lounge with modern dining table and six chairs. Leather sofa bed which sleeps 2, two armchairs, coffee table, flat screen TV with Freeview & assortment of board games. High chair available.
• Lounge doors open up to allow the countryside in.
• Free Wi-Fi.
• Stairs lead off the lounge.
• Central heating
• The spacious master bedroom has a king-size oak bed, side tables, chest of drawers, fitted wardrobe, full length mirror, hairdryer.
• Bedroom two has two twin 3ft oak beds, side tables and a chest of drawers.
• The bathroom is fitted to a high specification with sink, mirror above with light and shaver point, toilet and freestanding shower.
• Linen & towels provided.
• Garden open plan. Bench seating with seat cushions provided and separate gas BBQ for all lodges on request.
• No smoking
• Pets welcome but only in the Winchester lodge with a charge of £20 extra per week or stay.
• Allocated parking.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||West Wittering 39.4 km|
|Nearest Amenities||5.63 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Southampton Airport 33.64 km, Nearest railway: Alton Station 17.54 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||Central heating, TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 3|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Private garden, BBQ|
About this location
The Hampshire region
Bordered by Dorset, Wiltshire, Berkshire, Surrey and West Sussex, Hampshire is ideally located in the south east of England and is the gateway to the Isle of Wight. Its excellent transport links makes it an easy getaway from London and the home counties for a day visit, as well as an ideal destination for a longer stay with hundreds of attractions to explore, varied landscape and two national parks.
The unique Watercress Lodges & Campsite is a fantastic new self-catering holiday retreat overlooking the South Downs, situated only 3 miles from New Alresford and the River Itchen, nestled in the beautiful Hampshire countryside. Watercress Lodges have the unique privilege of being located alongside a working steam railway. Thomas the Tank Engine weeks are a particular favourite with families.
About the owner
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
22 Sep 2014
"Wonderful Little Gem"
Lovely peaceful site for tents only. A tiny bit of noise (choo choo!) from the Steam Loco's but that adds to the excitement and experience of this site. Children will love it, especially findin… More
27 Aug 2014
"Excellent shower block"
It was very quiet, in fact we were the only campers here. Very small campsite and we had to park on a road and had to carry camping stuff up steps to a site. If you are a steam train enthusiast you co… More
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review. We have opened this year for our first season for campers. From 2015 we are looking to open a site office which will have some supplies as well. We are indeed a relatively relaxed small site. Many of our regular guests like this and this has been reflected in their reviews.
24 Aug 2014
"Fab views, spotless facilities, nice and small"
This is a truly lovely campsite, a great base for exploring locally. It is basic, a good number of parking spaces. The pitches are raised slightly away from the road, a little breezy as on top of a … More
Many thanks for your lovely review. We are always so grateful to receive feedback. We will be making sure that some hooks are put by the sinks to hang possessions on. We really hope you will come back as next your we will be making some changes. We will have a site office and we will be offering Glamping tents. The Mid Hants railway will also hopefully have the small gauge railway open which volunteers are building at present. Kind regards. Jo
17 Aug 2014
"Good location but cleaning needs sorting"
No formal checking in and didn't see anyone in charge except the cleaner for the six days that we stayed. This was ok when only a few tents but not so good when almost full! Lovely new shower/toi… More
19 Jul 2014
"Steam train magic on your doorstep"
These new lodges, positioned close to Ropley station on the Watercress Line, were delightfully painted in the traditional British Rail colours of cream and green. The kitchen was modern, and the laun… More
1 Apr 2014
"The Perfect setting"
I stayed at the lodges with my sons during their recent half term. The lodge was perfect, quiet and secluded enough for revision, but only a short distance from several towns.The owners have put a hu… More
17 Mar 2014
"Wonderfully peaceful at Watercress Lodge"
I stayed with a group of old school friends and the Watercress Lodges at Ropley. The surrounding area is beautiful countryside and the lodges face directly onto the steam railway station. The insides … More
11 Mar 2014
"Mid Hants Railway - Spring Gala"
We initially intended to visit the Mid Hants Railway for one day during the three day Spring Gala. However, we had spotted the Watercress Lodges at Ropley last autumn and decided to book one for the w… More
17 Oct 2013
"Clean and well facilitated accommodation in a quirky but brilliant location"
We stayed in the "Winchester" lodge which was well equipped and extremely well presented. Our time there was very comfortable and the people running the lodges were very helpful and delightful to chat to.
Alresford is a great place to visit whilst in the area.
You're booking with
- 1 Years listed
95% Response rate
Calendar last updated:13 Feb 2015
Based in United Kingdom
- Visit site