CLEARVIEWS - Amazing AoNB views, log burners, 5 superking bed/en-suites, hot tub – Home 6937766 Cottage
- 5 bedrooms
- 14 sleeps
- min stay varies
CLEARVIEWS - Amazing AoNB views, log burners, 5 superking bed/en-suites, hot tub – Home 6937766
- 5 bedrooms
- sleeps 14
- min stay varies
- Child friendly
- Car not necessary
- No pets allowed
- Private garden
Description from owner
Sleeps 10 adults plus children. Minimum rental fee £1550 (weekends) and £1200 (weekdays). For best low season or last-minute deals please search Clearviews on TripAdvisor and click 'Call Owner' to reveal mobile number to text Sara.
Large premium self-catering cottage for family holidays, multi-generation celebrations, friends seeking a weekend together, sporting groups, corporate use, overseas visitors and even a respectable hen retreat (mixed-ages, per adult charge applies). Sorry no stag or 18/21 parties. Please provide info about your group when making a booking enquiry.
Perfectly located in the heart of the Shropshire Hills AONB with spectacular views across open countryside to Caer Caradoc and hilltop fort, but conveniently only 10 mins walk along the pavement into Church Stretton with pubs, restaurants, coffee houses, supermarket and boutique shops, and under half a mile to Carding Mill Valley (Nat. Trust) and the The Long Mynd.
Originally two 18th century cobblers cottages and now fully renovated as a large contemporary space, featuring open plan chef's kitchen, sitting area with log burner, large lounge with another log burner, plus three staircases and five superking (180cm wide) beds each with en-suite (see floor plans to appreciate flow of the property). Unwind and enjoy incredible views from all rooms or while soaking in the hot tub or relaxing on the composite decking.
Please 'Contact the Owner' (rather than 'Book your Stay') and/or call Sara to discuss your requirements, or feel free to pop in and take a look if you're passing.
CLEARVIEWS is very well located for access from around the UK and for exploring the beautiful Shropshire Hills AONB and wider attractions the county has to offer including the historic towns of Shrewsbury and Ludlow, Ironbridge (World Heritage Site) & more. Day trips to Chester, Llangollen, Snowdonia and the Welsh coast are all feasible.
Full list of additional services such as caterers, walking group activities, on-site spa treatments, wine tasting and more sent on booking.
CLEARVIEWS is a large 2900 sq ft property and in more detail :-
- Sleeps up to 10 adults in 5 bedrooms & 4/5 children on bunk beds in bedrooms 1 & 2
- Superking beds can be split into 2 singles (£20/split bed on arrival)
- Lounge with Clearview stove, comfortable leather sofas, large HD television with Youview (use your Netflix account) and patio doors
- Chef's kitchen with oak cabinets and worktops, double oven, large microwave, wide five burner gas hob and powerful extraction, two dishwashers, larder fridge, Dolce Gusto espresso machine, Viners Eden cutlery, Nutribullet, breakfast bar, 1.5 bowl sink, underfloor heating and Wesco Classic Kickmaster bin
- Dining area with 3m-long oak table and chairs (seats 14)
- Sitting area with tv & freeview, dvd, Xbox 360 games console and stove
- Each bedroom has its own private en-suite with shower & loo/basin, underfloor heating and heated towel rail (bedrooms 1 & 2 have a bath/shower)
- Utility room with washer, dryer, fridge/freezer and storage
- Entrance porch with radiator and drying/hanging space for coats and boot storage racks
- Individual Nest thermostats control the radiator in each room so you're comfortable in all zones even when the wood-burning stoves are in use
- Free multi-zone WiFi and fibre broadband throughout, Pure Evoke D6 DAB radio/bluetooth music system
- Enjoy the views from the hot tub with jets and LED lighting (checked daily, max occupancy 5, must be closed by 10pm)
- Premium composite decking with outdoor rattan seating and BBQ
- Authentic beach hut with table football
- Enjoy outdoor games or sports on the lawn
- Parking for up to five cars with three covered spaces and security system (additional cars must be parked away from the property)
- Secure storage for bikes and other equipment
- Selection of restaurants, ale houses and boutique retailers in Church Stretton (15 mins walk)
- The Yew Tree pub and restaurant in All Stretton (2 minute walk)
- Free spring water from the tap at Stretton Water (250m, M-F only)
- Local produce available from two butchers, Ludlow Food Centre and large Co-Op supermarket in town
- Activities on the doorstep include walking, cycling, golfing, swimming, gym, gliding, archery, horse-riding, fishing, tennis, bowling, mini-golf and much more
- Spectacular walks on the doorstep onto the Long Mynd, Caer Caradoc, Ragleth Hill, Stiperstones and more
- Changeover on Friday or Monday (more flexible low season)
- Electricity, gas & kindling/wood (for use while staying) included
PLEASE NOTE: In consideration of neighbouring properties please do not play music outside at any time, quieten outdoor noise by 9pm and close hot tub by 10pm (see Booking Conditions). Although the property accommodates a larger group please note that parties and/or additional visitors to the property over and above those authorised to stay in the Booking are strictly not permitted without prior agreement.
- Great for children of all ages
- No pets allowed
- High chair available
Bed & bathroom
- Bedroom 1: Super King Bed Bunk Bed
Bedroom 2: Super King Bed Bunk Bed
Bedroom 3: Super King Bed
Bedroom 4: Super King Bed
Bedroom 5: Super King Bed
- 2 Family bathrooms, 3 En suites, 1 Toilet Only
- Wi-Fi available
- Jacuzzi or hot tub
- Mountain Views
- Private garden
- Balcony or terrace
- Internet access
- Central heating
- Games room
- Washing machine
- Clothes dryer
- High chair available
- DVD player
- Stereo system
- Linen provided
- Towels provided
- Not suitable for wheelchair users
Interaction with guest
- Check in time: 16:00, Check out time: 10:00
- If you have any questions about check-in or check-out times, please contact the owner/manager.
To be covered by Payment Protection this rental needs to be paid for online through Holiday Lettings using your credit/debit card or PayPal. Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer (such as Western Union or Moneygram) as this type of payment is untraceable.
Damage deposit: £500.00
- No smoking at this property
Change of plans? No problem. You could receive a partial or full refund, depending on when you cancel.
100% refund within 24 hours after booking (provided the stay is at least 60 days away).
24 hours after booking
No refund If you cancel, any money you have paid cannot be refunded.
There is a maximum occupancy of 10 adults (age 16 and above) unless otherwise agreed. Please don't make a booking and assume it is ok for more adults to arrive, it is always best to be honest and discuss your requirements with the owner before booking.
About the owner
- Average reply time:
- 1 hour 43 minutes
- Response rate:
- Calendar updated:
- 30 May 2020
- Years listed:
- Based in:
- United Kingdom
- Overall rating:
Languages spoken: English
This Cottage has 5 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms and sleeps 14. It’s been listed on Holiday Lettings since 02 Jan 2016. Located in Shropshire, it has 47 reviews with an overall rating of 5. The average weekly rate varies from £1798 to £4000.
The Owner has a response rate of 100% and the property’s calendar was last updated on 30 May 2020.
Map and how to get there
– based on 47 reviews
- Very Good
Lovely property, beautiful views from all windows, tastefully decorated and ideally situated for a long weekend with friends. Bliss Hill and the Ironbridge museums fairly close by and a must if visit… More
“A lovely weekend in Church Stretton”
We've just got back from a lovely weekend celebrating a 40th birthday. We are a family of children/parents/grandparents and the property suited our requirements perfectly. Downstairs was layed … More
“Ideal holiday let”
Lovely, spacious and well equipped. The 5 ensuites make it deal for friends to share, plenty of living space and they take a small dog too - what is not to love. Lots to see and do nearby, and Church Stretton is an easy walk. Room for 5 cars, a spacious larder and kitchen. And having 2 dishwashers is a great idea.
This property was incredible for our needs. It has a stunning view and was beautifully presented. The owners are accommodating and helpful. The rooms are specious and have their own washing areas if y… More
I stayed at Clearviews for a long weekend, it was a group of 10. The house is fantastic, really spacious, well equipped and the view is outstanding. The information provided by the owners prior to ou… More
Sara & Mark were so helpful in recommending local activities, venues, restaurants etc to make our weekend really special. Clearviews is beautifully equipped & the views stunning. Log burners &… More
“Wonderful family house accommodating both adults and children ideally.”
Beautiful location. Everyone enjoyed wonderful hot tub. Good log burners with plenty of fuel. All beds comfy for a good nights sleep. Worked well having a bathroom for each bedroom. Just one sho… More
“Wish I was there now!”
Family group of 7 adults and 2 children. Brilliant house. Beds big and comfy. Plenty of space. Well equipped kitchen. Some of the ensuite bathrooms were a bit snug but fine for a week's stay. The… More
“Wow, what a fantastic property”
There were 12 of us that stayed at Clearviews on 21st, 22nd & 23rd September... Our ages ranged from 3 to 80 years of age... The property was extremely well laid out, lovely, spacious garden to the front and the main attraction “The Hot Tub”... The hot tub was well used by all that stayed. When it got a bit cooler in the evenings we threw a couple of logs on the fire and soon warmed up. The views from all of the bedroom windows were amazing. Sara and Mark should be very proud with what they have created. We all hope it’s well rented in the future. Oh, the property is situated very near to quite a few lovely restaurants/pubs... Hopefully we will visit again.
“Highly recommended this beautiful cottage and beautiful location.”
We stayed to celebrate my husbands 80th Birthday. The whole family had a fabulous time. We had an enjoyable day out, a trip on a steam train at the Welshpool railway. The following day the family went to the trampoline centre Shrewsbury. The evening before we came home we had a lovely meal at the Housman restaurant in Church Stratton. All the family enjoyed the break and my husband loved it.
- How do I find more info about the property?
You can get in touch with Sara/Mark (the owner) through the contact form on this page.
- What if I have questions before I book?
Send Sara/Mark (the owner) an email through the contact form on this page. Alternatively, if there’s a phone number on this page, you can call them.
- How do I contact Sara/Mark (the owner)?
Send an email through the contact form on this page. Or if there’s a phone number on this page, you can call them.
- How do I know my booking is safe?
You'll need to send Sara/Mark (the owner) an enquiry to book - the owner will let you know how to pay. If they accept online booking they'll send you a quote and info on how to pay. If you pay through our website you’ll be covered by Payment Protection.
If they don’t accept online booking they'll still be able to offer a secure form of payment. Read our top tips on booking safely.
- How do I know what it will cost for my stay?
Select the Prices tab for an overview of this property's prices.
Or you can send Sara/Mark (the owner) an enquiry through the contact form to request a quote. Sara/mark (the owner) will email you the total cost for your dates and how to pay.
- How do I pay for my holiday?
Send Sara/Mark (the owner) an enquiry through the contact form requesting a quote for your holiday dates. Sara/mark (the owner) will email you the total cost for your dates and how to pay.
- How do damage deposits work?
Sara/mark (the owner) of this property is responsible for taking and refunding your damage deposit. The damage deposit terms should be agreed before booking and outlined in the booking contract, if Sara/Mark (the owner) supplies one. Please refer to these details or contact Sara/Mark (the owner) directly if you have any questions.
- How do I cancel my booking?
You'll need to contact Sara/Mark (the owner) to cancel. They should have provided their contact details when you made your booking - otherwise, email them through the contact form.
- How do I edit my booking?
You'll need to contact Sara/Mark (the owner) to edit your booking. They should have provided their contact details when you made your booking - otherwise, email them through the contact form.
Build your perfect trip, with Holiday Lettings & TripAdvisor
Book with confidence
Pay online to be covered by Payment Protection
Real opinions, real reviews
Genuine guest feedback from 100,000+ reviews
Safe, simple, secure
When you pay online with PayPal or by credit/debit card
Quick response times
Know where you're staying within 24 hours