When you’re set up to take online payments via Holiday Lettings, you’ll receive booking requests and enquiries. The former from people who are keen to book and pay quickly, the latter from those seeking a little more info before parting with their cash. In the case of booking requests speed of response is paramount because the guest wants confirmation that they don’t have to continue their search. With enquiries speed is also paramount but in a slightly different context – it’s likely the guest has sent multiple enquiries in order to keep their options open.
Key to booking conversion?
- Speed is key. The easiest way to make sure you’re getting back to your potential guests quickly is to download the Holiday Lettings app. This way, it doesn’t matter where you are – you’ll be able to respond to enquiries and booking requests when you’re on the move.
- Sign up to SMS alerts in your account under Account > Account preferences > Free SMS alerts to your mobile. This way, we can send you text messages as soon as enquiries or bookings come in.
- Common courtesy: respond to every enquiry, even if you can’t accept a particular stay. Holidaymakers may consider you next time if you acknowledge their interest.
- The quickest way to convert an enquiry into a booking is to respond with a quote (payment request) straight off the bat. You can still add a message to your quote and the guest will have all the details they need to be able to book and pay online. Our handy video guides you through the process:
Before an enquiry comes in
- Write a list of answers to common questions you’re likely to get, such as how far your home is to the nearest shops/beach and if you can provide cots/highchairs. You’ll be ready to answer any common questions quickly.
- Customise your auto responses. Log in and go to Account > Payment preferences > Receive payments to personalise your messages.
- Keep your calendar up to date if you receive bookings from elsewhere. This way, there’s no chance of disappointing potential guests if your home’s not actually available.