If you have time, it’s worthwhile sending a personalised email to all of your guests on the day after check-out. Many of our advertisers tell us that they have the biggest uptake when requesting reviews this way because the email comes directly from you and they’ll probably recognise your email address. As an example, you could write something like:
Dear [insert guest’s name here],
Thank you for staying at our home in [location here]. It was lovely to accommodate you and we do hope you enjoyed your stay.
We’d really appreciate it if you could spare some time to write a review of your holiday on our advert at the following link: http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/[insert Home ID here]. Simply click on write a review at the top of the page to write your review via TripAdvisor. It doesn’t take long to do and we would love to receive your comments as it helps us to keep improving our service.
Need help collecting reviews? Find out more.
We all love to know what other people think. When we’re making a decision on where to stay, hearing from previous guests can really sway our choice and:
- Give real insight into a stay at your property
- Boost guests’ trust and confidence, increasing your chances of securing a booking
- Push your ad up the search rankings when guests are sorting their results by ‘number of reviews’.
- Improve guests’ experiences by helping you to make changes to your offering
To get guest reviews on your ad, we’ve got all the info you need:
How to collect reviews
1. Send an email through your Holiday Lettings Dashboard
- Log in to your Dashboard and go to Properties > Manage your reviews
- Click on the Collect Reviews tab
- Click on View sample email to read the pre-written message for guests. Simply close the window when you’re done
- Select Send request to enter the email address(es) of previous guests, then hit the green button to send the message to all guests in the list
2. Send a personal email
For that personal touch, you can send your own message from your Inbox or personal email account. Reply to a previous email/message from the guest you want to contact to ask them to write a review and include a link to your advert (eg. www.holidaylettings.co.uk/1234).
Need some pointers for the personal email? Use this template.
Need more help?
Read more about how the Reviews page works, see our tips for responding to reviews and check out our help section.