Caldew Cottage is in the pretty village of Dalston only 5 miles from historic Carlisle and a 15 minute drive to Caldbeck. Bassenthwaite and Keswick are both within a short drive and the Solway Coast and Hadrian's Wall are all easily accessible. The cottage is newly refurbished and is ideally based for riverside walks followed by a refreshing drink in the local pub.
Dalston is 5 miles west of Carlisle and a 15 minute drive to Caldbeck and the northern fells of the Lake District. Known locally as the ‘Back o Skiddaw’, travel over the fells passing through the picturesque village of Caldbeck, with the Priests Mill cafe and the old Bobbin Mill, and into Ireby home of John Peel, the famous huntsman, and drop down into Bassenthwaite. Situated on the Cumbria Way, ideal for walkers and cyclists, Dalston is located on the banks of the River Caldew and has a wealth of local amenities with a Co-op, bakery, butchers, beauty salon, chemist, gift shop and 2 pubs both serving delicious meals and local ales. Follow the river path which leads to Carlisle, the county’s capital city, and explore historical sites such as the castle, Tullie House museum and cathedral, enjoy a leisurely lunch in one of the many cafes or restaurants, or shop till you drop in the Lanes Shopping Centre. Dalston is an ideal base to explore the northern Lakes with Keswick, Hadrian’s Wall and the Solway Coast all just over half an hours drive.
Caldew Cottage is a newly refurbished, detached two bedroom property that is equally suitable for a family or two couples who will appreciate the standard of accommodation provided. As the name suggests the cottage is located on the banks of the River Caldew and a few minutes level walk into the village. Within a few hundred yards is the village park including tennis and bowls and traditional village pub.
The cottage is gas centrally heated and comprises:
* Lounge overlooking the rear garden with Smart TV, Blueray DVD player, log effect gas fire and opening out to the dining area.
* Small conservatory with seating.
* Kitchen with electric oven and hob, dishwasher, microwave, fridge and freezer.
* Utility room with washer/dryer.
* Cloakroom with hand basin and WC.
* First floor: Master double bedroom with smart TV.
* Twin bedroom with zip link beds which can convert to a double bed on request and adjoining dressing room.
* Shower room with hand basin and WC.
* All gas, electric, bed linen, towels and bathrobes included.
* Cot and highchair available.
* Wi-Fi available.
* Private parking for 2 cars and garage for storage of bikes etc.
* Enclosed rear garden with garden furniture.
CLICK HERE to see all our dog friendly cottages Lake District
CLICK HERE to see all our Carlisle and Hadrian's Wall Cottages
Additional amenities include: october half term availability, new cottages, carlisle and hadrian's wall, dog friendly, open fire or wb stove no, garden or outdoor area, bedrooms 2: 1, no. bathrooms: 1, star grading: 4*, lakes cottage holiday 4*, pets yes, family holidays, may half term availability, christmas and new year availability, parking facilities: private parking, easter availability, february half term availability, no. bedrooms: 2, fishing holidays, summer school holidays, budget holidays, bathrooms 1: 1, school holiday discounts, pets yes: 1 dog, midweek & weekend short break, sleeps 4, double beds: 1, twin bedrooms: 1, changeover friday, price d from £350 pw. …see more