Ask owner if suitable for children
The Old Byre has a cosy lounge with log burning stove. This quaint cottage sleeps six people and has plenty to do and see in the local area and is within easy reach of the rest of the Lake District.
Sandford is a quaint village only 3 miles west of Appleby, famous for its horse fair. The northern Pennines are within easy reach and offer alternative walks and scenery in a less frequented area than the Lake District. For those who enjoy cycling the Eden Valley is an ideal base to enjoy the great outdoors with its quiet roads and country lanes waiting to be explored. The village is at the end of a no through road and with the River Eden within a 5 minute walk is therefore ideal for families with children and dogs. Sandford has a traditional village pub serving excellent bar meals.
The Old Byre has recently been refurbished to a high standard, retaining many of its original features and is sure to appeal to those looking for accommodation in an area of peace and tranquillity.
The cottage is centrally heated and comprises:
* Dining/lounge with vaulted beamed ceiling, TV with integrated DVD/CD player, Ipod docking station and feature fireplace housing a wood burning stove.
* Kitchen with breakfast bar and equipped with Rangemaster cooker, dishwasher, fridge, microwave and washer/dryer.
* Bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
* Double bedroom with view to the nearby fells
* Twin bedroom with TV and video.
* First floor: Galleried landing overlooking the lounge.
* Double bedroom.
* All electric and bed linen included.
* Cot and highchair available.
* Free Wi-Fi available.
* Patio with seating.
* Ample private parking.
* The Old Byre is in the same courtyard as Westgate Cottage.
CLICK HERE to see all our dog friendly cottages Lake District
CLICK HERE to see all our Penrith and Eden Valley Cottages
Additional amenities include: wood burning stove yes, open fire/stove: wood burning stove, dog friendly, garden or outdoor area, no. bathrooms: 1, price e from £390 pw, disabled & limited mobility, changeover any day, october half term availability, pets yes, may half term availability, christmas and new year availability, parking facilities: private parking, easter availability, february half term availability, sleeps 6, washer/dryer, valentine availability, total number of beds for single sex groups ie double, twin, single, bunk: 4, bedrooms 3: 1, summer school holidays, bathrooms 1: 1, visit britain 3* gold, pets yes: 1 dog, double beds: 2, pets yes: 2 dogs, twin bedrooms: 1, star grading: 3*, no. bedrooms: 3, penrith and eden valley. …see more