Cottage | 3 bedrooms | sleeps 6
Rose Cottage is situated in the centre of Eskdale village, one of the lesser known but idyllic parts of the Lake District. The cottage is well equipped, offering comfortable accommodation for up to 6 people, with WIFI and full SKY Package TV provided. The cottage is ideal for families or couples, whether for walking, climbing, fishing, golfing or just to enjoy the beauty of the lakes and mountains.
The kitchen is spacious with a dining area for six. It is warm and welcoming with an AGA for cooking, fridge-freezer, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine and plenty of storage space, with a tumble drier in the outhouse. There is an outside toilet downstairs.
The sitting room is very comfortable with wood burning stoves and a flat-screen TV which has the full Sky package and DVD player. There are books to read and board games provided.
There are three bedrooms - two doubles and a twin, together with a bathroom with bath and separate shower. The master bedroom has TV with cable channels.
The garden outside is magnificent and an ideal playground for children, together with many plants and hidden paths and a barbeque area overlooking the most wonderful view of the fells. There is parking for 2 cars with additional space at the public car park one minute away.
The village shop is just a three minute walk away and covers a comprehensive range of goods, including groceries, fresh fruit and vegetables, fresh food and alcohol / newspapers. The locality has mobile phone coverage under Orange network.
There are five country pubs in the valley with two within 10 minutes walking distance.
• Central heating in the bedrooms and kitchen. The sitting room is heated by a wood burning stove (fuel provided) and electric stove.
• Electricity and heating included in the price.
• The beds will be made up for you and linen, sheets, and towels provided. Cot and high chair available in the cottage
• The cottage is non-smoking.
• Pets welcome at £15 per pet per week.
• Wireless broadband at the cottage.
• Sky TV
• Nintendo Wii Console
• Free golf at the stunning Eskdale Golf Course is included in your stay courtesy of the cottage owners between April and October. Please contact Eskdale Golf Club to book your round. Please take the membership card in the cottage with you to prove you are guests of Rose Cottage. You may also hire clubs at £10 per round. (As the club is very dear to the owners of Rose Cottage, any donations you may wish to give to the Course, please feel free to do so.)
Eskdale is a great focal point for many walks, either on the local fells and mountains or along the banks of local rivers. The river has natural pools for swimming and is a popular place for canoeing and fishing.
Within walking distance
• England's highest mountain = Scafell Pike
• England's deepest lake - Wastwater
• Endless walks and climbs along riversides, in the valley and numerous mountain trails and climbs
• Ravenglass & Eskdale Miniature Railway.
• Muncaster Castle, with its many attractions including an Owl Sanctuary.
• Hardknott Roman Fort & Ravenglass Roman Bath House
• Eskdale Corn Mill - still in working condition with a functional waterwheel
• Ravenglass village
• Fishing on local rivers
• Stanley Ghyll waterfall
• 5 Pubs in Eskdale - The Bower House and the King George IV are ten minutes walk away.
Within one hour's drive are many of the Lake District's attractions, including:
• Boating on Derwentwater, Coniston and Windermere
• Windermere, with its Steamboat Museum, marina, water skiing and sailing
• Horse riding and pony trekking
• Dozens of historical houses and castles open to the public
• Wordsworth's birthplace and his homes, Dove Cottage and Rydal Mount
• Brantwood, home to John Ruskin
• Cumbria's coast with sandy beaches
• The 'Theatre by the Lakeside' at Keswick
• The Lakeland Sheep and Wool Centre
• Shopping at Ambleside and Kendal
• Steamboat Gondola on Coniston
• South Lakeland Wild Animal Park
Apart from Eskdale Golf Course – there are several golf courses within a few miles of the cottage:
• Seascale Golf Course (15 minutes from Eskdale)
• Workington Golf Course (50 minutes from Eskdale)
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Drigg 10 km|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||200 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Manchester, Liverpool, Glasgow Airports, Nearest railway: Local station at Seascale linked to Carlisle and L|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, Telephone, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (2), Double beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Private garden, BBQ|
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
Help other travellers decide where to stay
This holiday home hasn’t got any reviews yet. The average rating on Holiday Lettings is four out of five. This place could be newly added or perhaps it’s a well kept secret. Either way, it’s time to reveal all.
You need to pay through the Holiday Lettings website to ensure your payment is protected. We can’t protect your payment if you don’t pay through us.Learn more
You're booking with
95% Response rate
Calendar last updated:23 Oct 2014
Based in Croatia
- 322 properties
- 302 properties
- 244 properties
- 145 properties
- 74 properties
- Bassenthwaite Lake
- 71 properties
- 51 properties
- 43 properties
- 37 properties
- 25 properties
- Duddon Valley
- 25 properties
- 21 properties
- Lake District National Park
- 18 properties
- 14 properties
- Kirkby in Furness
- 10 properties
- 9 properties
- 7 properties
- 6 properties
- Penny Bridge
- 6 properties
- 6 properties