House | 4 bedrooms | sleeps 10
A very warm welcome to Gabetti Cottage, a spacious 4 bedroom house situated in the picturesque Georgian port town of Lymington. Within walking distance is the town centre along with its harbour and famous Saturday market which attracts many people from around the county of Hampshire and further afield. With the local beaches of Milford on sea and Highcliffe only a short drive away, Gabetti Cottage is perfect for a family holiday, a short break, or as a base from which to explore the wonderful natural beauty of the New Forest National Park.
The property has a fully equipped kitchen with an electric oven and gas hob, along with; a fridge and freezer, a washing machine, a dishwasher and a microwave.
The sitting room/diner is very spacious and has two red leather settees, a TV and a DVD player. The family table seats up to 10 people.
The door from the sitting room opens out onto the brick patio area, and at the side of the house there is a secure roofed area for bicycle storage. At the front and the opposite side of the house, there is a lawn bordered with a well kept flower bed, which is home to an array of attractive and colourful flowers. A barbeque as well as a garden table and chairs are available for use.
There is a small wc/basin room and a coat hanging area leading off the entrance hall.
The ground floor bedroom sleeps two people with twin beds.
*All of the ground floor rooms are tiled.
The bedroom left from the stairs sleeps two people with twin beds.
The master bedroom sleeps four people with a double bed and a 3ft divan bed
The bedroom right from the stairs sleeps four people with two bunk beds.
The upstairs bathroom is the larger of the two, and contains a shower, bath, wc and hand basin.
* All of the first floor rooms and the stairs are carpeted (except for the upstairs bathroom).
Fully enclosed private garden, laid partly to lawn and partly to well-stocked flower beds.
Enclosed, paved driveway with parking for up to 4 vehicles.
Exterior clothes line available for use.
|Size||Sleeps up to 10, 4 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Milford on Sea 3 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||1 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Southampton 16 km, Nearest railway: Lymington Town 500 m|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||4 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (8), Double beds (1), Cots (2), Dining seats for 10, Lounge seats for 8|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Private garden, BBQ|
|Further details indoors|
Travel cots, high chairs and stair gates are available on request.
No smoking and no pets please
The Central Southern England region
Hampshire is a county on the southern coast of England in the United Kingdom. Tourist attractions include many beautiful and popular seaside resorts, the world renowned motor museum at Beaulieu and national parks in both New Forest and the South Downs. Hampshire has a long maritime history and two of England's largest ports, Portsmouth and Southampton, lie on its coast. The county boasts a rich cultural heritage, varied coastlines, vibrant cities, bustling market towns and unspoilt countryside, making it an ideal holiday destination in the 'English Riviera'.
The weather in the area tends to be better and generally warmer than other parts of the country.
The New Forest is a region of astounding natural beauty, boasting ancient woodlands, large open heathland picturesque water-ways and miles of cycle paths and walks. There are plenty of welcoming, friendly pubs and restaurants in the area offering hearty traditional fayre, and locally brewed ales.
Throughout the forest, you'll come across the ponies, donkeys and cattle that freely graze the great expanse of heather moorland. Perhaps you'll be lucky enough to spot some of our shyer inhabitants, the deer- who try their best to avoid being seen against the stunning backdrop of rolling heathland and deciduous forest.
If you decide to come to The New Forest around Autumn time, known in the area as 'Pannage Season', you'll often spot the odd family of pigs roaming around, in order that they may feed on fallen acorns.
Here are a few of the nearby things to see and do:
- Beaulieu Motor Museum
- Beaulieu Abbey
- St Barbe's art gallery and museum
- ArtSway - contemporary art gallery
- Highcliffe Castle
- New Forest museum and visitor center - Lyndhurst
- Titanic Museum, Southampton
- Lymington Recreation Centre
- Cinema's at Southampton Leisure Centre and Bournemouth
- Aquarium, Bournemouth
- Shopping in Southampton, or Bournemouth retail centres
- Sammy Miller motorcycle museum, New Milton
Outdoors...with indoors option-
- Longdown Activity farm
- Otter and Owl sanctuary
- Crabbing at Milford on Sea
- Fishing trips from Lymington
- Day out on the Isle of Wight
- The Needles, The Isle of Wight
- Hurst Castle, Keyhaven
- Buckler's hard, Beaulieu
- Lymington Market, Saturdays
- Seawater Baths, Lymington
- New Forest Open-air bus tours
- New Forest Reptile Centre
- Feeding the Deer at Boldre Wood
- Cycle paths throughout the New Forest. Visit: Cycle Experience, Brockenhurst, for hire
- Moors Valley Country Park
- Paulton's Park theme park, Romsey - Visit Peppa Pig!
- River cruises at Christchurch
- Sandy beaches at: Bournemouth, Hengistbury head, Highcliffe and Southbourne.
- Shingle beaches at: Milford-on-Sea and Barton
- Calshot activity centre - sailing, canoeing, skiing and more!
- Snowtrax outdoor activity centre, Hurn - skiing, snowboarding, doughnut rides and more!
- Alice in Wonderland theme park, Hurn
- Swimming pools in Southampton and Bournemouth
- Splashdown water park, Tower park, Poole
- Bowling, Southampton and Bournemouth
- Day trips to London