Sealview Apartment – Home 23383 Apartment
- 2 bedrooms
- 4 sleeps
- min stay varies
Sealview Apartment – Home 23383
- 2 bedrooms
- sleeps 4
- min stay varies
Apartment / 2 bedrooms / 1 bathroom / sleeps 4
- Beach / lakeside relaxation
- Nearest beach 2 km
- Child friendly
- Car advised
- No pets allowed
Description from owner
Sealview is a harbour side apartment with wi-fi sleeping four plus two which over looks Whitby's picturesque marina and historic fishing port beneath the Abbey. The water front development is on the former shipyard on the banks of the River Esk. The property is on the third floor (accessible via the lift or stairs), giving a great advantage point to catch a glimpse of seals swimming (hence the apartments name) and cormorants catching fish. The apartment is strictly no smoking and no pets are allowed (only goldfish)!The wide array of services, amenities and attractions in the heart of Whitby are only a brisk walk away. To summarize, the apartment offers modern high quality self-catering accommodation for the perfect break in Whitby.
Please contact the owner.
Further details indoors
The apartment consists of:
- fitted kitchen (with an excellent supply of crockery, glassware, cutlery and cookware for at home dining), dining area, lounge (single sofa bed) with river and harbour views from the large window). Fridge with freezer compartment, dishwasher, combination microwave, electric oven / hob, extractor, kettle, toaster, iron, coffee maker, LCD DVD Combi TV , CD / radio player, various choice of DVD's and a selection of books.
- Bedroom one with king size leather bed, wardrobes, dressing table with chair and bedside cabinets. This bedroom offers views over the upper harbour.
- Bedroom two with two single beds plus third bed available, bedside cabinet, wardrobes and dressing table with chair.
- Quilts and pillows are provided but guests are asked to provide their own bed linen and personal towels (linen for king size bed available on request at an additional cost). Overseas guests / guests travelling on public transport, please ask for further details regarding bed linen and personal towels.
- Spacious entrance hall with storage cupboard.
- Bathroom - WC, bath with electric shower over, hand basin, shaver socket, heated towel rail and storage cabinet.
- Controllable electric heating throughout the property.
- A travel cot and high chair are available on request. Please note that there is NOT a hairdryer at the apartment.
- Utilities are included.
Further details outdoors
Undercover parking (ground level) for one vehicle plus visitor parking around the development on a first come first served basis.
Situated in a prime location.
Changeover day is Saturday in high season but this is also flexible where possible.
Payment can be made by cheque, bank transfer or credit card via PayPal.
- Great for children of all ages
- No pets allowed
- Cot available
- High chair available
Bed & bathroom
- Bedroom 1: King Bed
Bedroom 2: 2 Single Beds
- 1 Family bathroom
- Wi-Fi available
- Internet access
- High chair available
- DVD player
- Stereo system
- Lift access
- Not suitable for wheelchair users
- Check in time: 16:00, Check out time: 10:00
- If you have any questions about check-in or check-out times, please contact the owner/manager.
- This owner does not use online booking. Please contact them and they will be able to offer you a secure way to pay for your stay. Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer (such as Western Union or Moneygram) as this type of payment is untraceable.
- No smoking at this property
Change of plans? No problem. You could receive a partial or full refund, depending on when you cancel.
100% refund within 24 hours after booking (provided the stay is at least 60 days away).
24 hours after booking
50% refund of the amount paid (minus the booking fee*) if cancelled at least 4 weeks before check-in.
4 weeks before
No refund if cancelled less than 4 weeks before check-in.
* The booking fee is stated in the cancellation policy information on the payment page. This fee helps us run our secure platform and enables us to provide 24/7 customer support
About the owner
Caroline And Graham F.
- Average reply time:
- 56 minutes
- Response rate:
- Calendar updated:
- 21 Jun 2019
- Years listed:
- Based in:
- United Kingdom
- Overall rating:
Languages spoken: English
This Apartment has 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom and sleeps 4. It’s been listed on Holiday Lettings since 16 Apr 2007. Located in Scarborough District, it has 103 reviews with an overall rating of 5. The average weekly rate varies from £325 to £545.
The Owner has a response rate of 100% and the property’s calendar was last updated on 21 Jun 2019.
Map and how to get there
– based on 103 reviews
- Very Good
Great couple of nights spent at Sealview. Was a last minute booking but so glad I booked. The apartment is so lovely, clean, warm and with great views of the Abbey. There's everything you need to make it a home from home. Thanks to Caroline and Sue, I'll be booking again for a longer break ❤
“Girls 4day get away”
Always a pleasure to come to this apartment ,so clean and comfy home from home.No need to bring anything but if you want you can bring your own bedding. All you need is the sun sea sand and a tia Maria . Sit back and watch the world go by.
Great apartment, clean and bright and spacious. Good views.Gave us a great base to explore Whitby and the surrounding area. The lift was esential for us. The thing that could have made it better would have been wifi access, with two teenage girls that was the first thing they commented on when we unpacked.
Owner's reply: Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review. Wi-fi will hopefully be installed in the apartment from October 2015 as a result of customer reviews.
“Perfectly situated, like a home from home”
Sealview is a comfortable and well equipped apartment. Perfectly situated to quickly walk to the shops or to watch the world go by from the apartment window. I'm not sure if available on request as I didn't think to ask but an extra set of keys could prove useful for some as I travelled with two 18 year olds who wanted to wonder around independently from us. An extra set of keys would have prevented having to meet up to key exchange. Perhaps a small returnable deposit could be charged for this? The tea, coffee, sugar, kitchen towel, salt, pepper, vinegar etc was a great touch. My only small complaint was the cleanliness which by in large was great but the caretaker hadn't removed all the hair from the floors from the previous holiday makers and checked to make sure the microwave or oven trays had been left clean. There was also dried liquid left on the coffee table and floor in the front room. Nothing a quick wipe over didn't fix. All in all, I would highly recommend Sealview. The communication from the owners was great and we are very thankful that they are willing to rent out this wonderful apartment. A fantastic holiday was had by all.
Owner's reply: Thank you for taking the time to write a review. An extra set of keys could have been made available if requested.I will pass your comments onto my caretaker.
A spotless apartment with secure car parking. Owner on end of a phone if required. The best self catering property I have stayed in
Had a great week in Whitby following my daughters wedding in Liverpool. Had a great chill out week with my husband in Seal view what a nice comfortable apartment. Walking distance to the town we only used the car once during the week, walked everywhere, had a day out on the steam train which were great entertainment from the window overlooking the river and the trains in the apartment.
“A nice change!”
We have been visiting Whitby together for the past 25+ years when styed in Whitby have always been up the Captain Cook monument end of town. For the past few years we have stayed at Robin Hoods Bay this time we chose Whitby for a change and I have to say we could not have chosen a better residence a great apartment in a great location I have recommended this to friends and relatives with confidence and we cannot wait to return ourselves.
“A gem of a place”
We picked this location as it was in Whitby but also had parking for free. What you don't realise is it also has an excellent view of the river and the rest of Whitby. We could not fault the apartment which had plenty of space and all the facilities you needed for 4 people.
“Like a home from home, but with a view.”
The flat met all of our needs (with the exception of WiFi non-availability). The walk to town along the river is pleasant and does not take long (about 10 mins). So good to come across a quality flat which has well above the basics provided, and which is so clean and well presented.
Thank you for our recent stay at Sealview, The apartment is excellent, so clean, comfortable and well equipped, very quiet and only 10 minutes walk to the centre of Whitby. We look forward to returning soon.
- How do I find more info about the property?
You can get in touch with Caroline and Graham (the owner) through the contact form on this page.
- What if I have questions before I book?
Send Caroline and Graham (the owner) an email through the contact form on this page. Alternatively, if there’s a phone number on this page, you can call them.
- How do I contact Caroline and Graham (the owner)?
Send an email through the contact form on this page. Or if there’s a phone number on this page, you can call them.
- How do I know my booking is safe?
You'll need to send Caroline and Graham (the owner) an enquiry to book - the owner will let you know how to pay. If they accept online booking they'll send you a quote and info on how to pay. If you pay through our website you’ll be covered by Payment Protection.
If they don’t accept online booking they'll still be able to offer a secure form of payment. Read our top tips on booking safely.
- How do I know what it will cost for my stay?
Select the Prices tab for an overview of this property's prices.
Or you can send Caroline and Graham (the owner) an enquiry through the contact form to request a quote. Caroline and graham (the owner) will email you the total cost for your dates and how to pay.
- How do I pay for my holiday?
Send Caroline and Graham (the owner) an enquiry through the contact form requesting a quote for your holiday dates. Caroline and graham (the owner) will email you the total cost for your dates and how to pay.
- How do damage deposits work?
Caroline and graham (the owner) of this property is responsible for taking and refunding your damage deposit. The damage deposit terms should be agreed before booking and outlined in the booking contract, if Caroline and Graham (the owner) supplies one. Please refer to these details or contact Caroline and Graham (the owner) directly if you have any questions.
- How do I cancel my booking?
You'll need to contact Caroline and Graham (the owner) to cancel. They should have provided their contact details when you made your booking - otherwise, email them through the contact form.
- How do I edit my booking?
You'll need to contact Caroline and Graham (the owner) to edit your booking. They should have provided their contact details when you made your booking - otherwise, email them through the contact form.
Build your perfect trip, with Holiday Lettings & TripAdvisor
Real opinions, real reviews
Genuine guest feedback from 100,000+ reviews
Quick response times
Know where you're staying within 24 hours