Church Farm Cottage
from £65 /night help Price for guests, Nights approx:
from £65 /night help Price for guests, Nights approx:
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Excludes fees (if applicable). Enter your dates to see the total cost.
Cottage / 1 bedrooms / sleeps 2 Home 2720436
Availability Your dates are available
Cottage / 1 bedrooms / sleeps 2
Church Farm Cottage is a peaceful and relaxed hideaway - the perfect place to 'get away from it all'. Originally a stable and hayloft, it stands on one side of the farm courtyard opposite a 17th century barn. Now beautifully converted, it has one double bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, dining area, sitting room and small walled garden making it the perfect environment to relax and enjoy the peaceful tranquility of Church Farm and it's stunning landscape.
Situated in the heart of the picturesque village of Kington Langley, which boasts a pub, village green and duck pond, guests can enjoy the gentle pace of village life. Bath is 12 miles away and we're a short drive to the delightful villages and towns of Lacock, Castle Coombe, Corsham and Bradford on Avon. We're ideally placed for exploring The Cotswolds, Salisbury, Tetbury and many private and National Trust properties such as Bowood and Dyrham Park.
This newly refurbished, quintessentially English country cottage is ready to welcome guests for weekly lets at £460 per week, from Saturday to Saturday based on two guests sharing.
|Size||Sleeps up to 2, 1 bedrooms|
|Rooms||1 bedroom, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Check in time:||16:00|
|Check out time:||10:00|
|Nearest beach||Weston Super Mare 49 km|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Nearest Amenities||4 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Bristol Airport (50mins) 55.7 km, Nearest railway: Chippenham (9 mins) 4.8 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Washing machine|
|Furniture||Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Private garden, BBQ|
|Access||Secure parking, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
The Wiltshire region
Set within the quintessentially English village of Kington Langley, Church Farm Cottage is within easy reach of the historic UNESCO world heritage city of Bath, with its Roman Baths and classic Georgian architecture. The Cottage can also be used as a base to explore further afield with Bristol, Stonehenge, Castle Coombe, Cheddar Gorge and Longleat Safari park all within an hours drive. It is also a fantastic place to just explore the beautiful Wiltshire and North Somerset countryside on foot, hoof or bike.
- The world famous Georgian City of Bath is approximately 15 miles west (approx 30 min drive). Definitely worth a visit! Here you will find the Roman Baths, wonderful shops nestled in ancient alleyways, Restaurants (including Jamie Oliver!), the Theatre Royal frequently offering West End shows and various cinemas. The thermal Bath Spa is relatively new to Bath and offers relaxing treatments plus being able to relax in the roof top pool overlooking the beautiful city. There really is something here to cater for everyone's need!
Don't miss a weekend Christmas shopping and trip to the festive Bath Christmas Market 22nd Nov - 9th Dec 2012 situated right outside Bath Abbey and The Roman Baths.
For balloon enthusiasts enjoy an early morning or evening trip rising from the centre of Bath including a glass of Champagne!
- Devizes is a 25 minute drive away. Here you will find the famous Caen Hill Flight of Canal Locks. The Kennet and Avon Canal runs through Devizes and it is possible to bicycle East to Pewsey and beyond with various pubs along the route or to Bath and beyond going West! Or rent a canal boat and cruise along at a more gentle pace of life. There is the Palace one screen Cinema with various film showings per day. Wadworths brewery famous for Six-X bitter and has free Visitor Centre – see the only Shire Horses still in use for beer delivery in the area. Devizes even offers a Ghost Walk tour!
- The famous Bristol Four Day International Balloon Fiesta is held 9-12th August 2012 and a great day out. Set in the rolling parkland of Ashton Court, Bristol (approx 50 mins by car) where you can see over 100 hot air balloons of every shape and size!
- The world renowned Westonbirt Arboretum is 20 miles by car, and in early spring comes to life with its daffodils followed by the bluebells, wonderful rhododendrons, camellias, azaleas and other flowering trees. Late September, October and November are some of the best months to visit with its spectacular display of autumn colours.
During the summer months 2012 there are concerts including Razorlights, The Darkness, Will Young and for the more classically inclined Alfie Boe and his special guest Laura Wright.
The end of November and through December, there is an illuminated trail where you can walk through the enchanted wood, see Father Christmas and little ones can help Santa find his reindeer; join local choirs and sing carols, eat roasted chestnuts with mulled wine!
- Longleat Safari & Adventure Park (approx 1 hour by car), open year round and endless attractions offering boat trips, hand-feeding the giraffes, the brand new Gorilla Colony, the Jungle Express Train. In December take the Santa Express train to Father Chrismas, skate on real ice and see the dazzing Christmas tree.
- Visit the neolithic henge monument of Avebury with three its' three stone circles . One of the best known pre-historic sites in Britain and largest stone circle in Europe. Walk around the stones, the village and then visit local pub for a refreshing drink! A short distance away are the even older monuments of West Kennet Long Barow and Silbury Hill.
The beautiful villages of Lacock and Castle Coombe are all a short drive away. The historic town of Corsham is close by too, which offers a stately home, a charming high street and a number of interesting shops and restaurants.
There are so many places to explore and discover locally and we have full details in the cottage
Kington Langley itself is beautiful and with a number of interesting walks and a superb on the doorstep - who could ask for more!
Build your perfect trip, with Holiday Lettings & TripAdvisor
Real opinions, real reviews
Genuine guest feedback from 100,000+ reviews
Quick response times
Know where you're staying within 24 hours
Safe, simple, secure
When you pay online with PayPal or by credit/debit card
Book with confidence
Pay online to be covered by Payment Protection
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
You're booking with
80% Response rate
Calendar last updated:05 Nov 2015
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted