Guest house | 7 bedrooms | sleeps 9
The birth of “Borgo” happened approximately in XIV century. The walls made by stones, the sheds, the small windows, was necessary at that time: the pebbles found in place, were the only abundant and economic material to build; the sheds served to receive maize for the animals and the windows were small because, during the winter, the warm of the fireplace was not dispersed - In the larger house, the wide furnace guaranteed to the village’s families the bread for all the week - The small house was the old stable with the barn, also made in stone and pieces of the old one “mandolato” that allowed the air exchange to hold dry the hay during the winter. - In the years the “Borgo” had various destinations in order to satisfy the necessities - However, although those changes, the “houses” have conserved intact many of the old characteristics, and still today, in the “Borgo”, our customer can feel the peasants feelings.
|Size||Sleeps up to 9, 7 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Viareggio 20 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||5 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Pisa - Galileo Galilei 30 km, Nearest railway: Lucca 14 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Pool||Shared outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General||Central heating, TV, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Outdoors||Shared outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
The Tuscany region
Near us, there are many old Villas and other places to see: the “Grotta del Vento” in Garfagnana, the Park of Pinocchio, the Garzoni Villa to Collodi, the Spas of Montecatini Terme and the golf field, the sea of Versilia. Moreover, it’s easy to reach some important cities of art as Lucca, Florence, Pisa, Siena, Montalcino, San Gimignano and many other beautiful localities.
Lucca was an Etruscan territory. However the archaeological finds and the ancient documents of a sure importance go back all to the Roman period. - In the 89 a.C. Lucca becomes a town hall a lot important to pick in the 56 a.C., Cesar, Pompeo and Crasso legacies in triumvirato. - With the barbaric invasions, Lucca not lost its importance, because very it is defended, it is because from the 570 approximately, became center of the power Longobardo and understood them of the Tuscia. Of this period they are the ancient religious buildings. - With century XII the affirmation of the city is by now definitive the art of the silk becomes the main economic activity of the Common one and round to it the dominated social woven one from rich is organized and powerful companies of merchants whom they open bases trade them in all Europe. - Its power catches up its apex with Castruccio di Gerio of the Antelminelli. From the the five hundred half of Lucca I transform in one aristocratic and independent Republic. Also for this plan one new circle of is walled, the one which we see still today and that it came completed in 1650. The Republic had aim with the occupation of the French in 1799. From the 1805 to the 1813 Lucca became Principato di Felice and Luisa Baciocchi (sister of Napoleone Bonaparte) and knew a new period of pr0sperity and important urban participations. After the fall of Napoleone, Lucca became Ducato Borbonico, but already in the 1847 Carl Ludovico di Borbone left the city to Leopoldo II of Lorena. From this Lucca moment it enters to make part of the Tuscany.
Lucca is between the little Italian cities that have conserved intact the own one circle of wall. The first town-walls laughed them to the Roman age; of it they remain least traces, the greater part of which turns out incorporated in the Church of Saint Maria of the Rose - a second one circle will come realized between the XI and XIII the century. - The last one circle of walls was motivated military requirements. Lucca rung from the expansionist sights of Extensive Florence and the Ducato, had need of emergency and independence. In the 1544 they began the jobs for the new walls that they will only finish to the half of the 1600's. - It walls high 12 meters, are formed from eleven curtains, ten bastions and one platform, that one of Saint Frediano. From the inner side the town-walls is terrapienata and catches up one thickness of thirty meters to the base. On the bastions they are still visible casermette for the lodging of the guards or to use the warehouse for ammunitions.