About the home
Conveniently located near the Cornwall and Devon border, Cottons Cottage provides high quality self-catering holiday accommodation and access to a wide range of onsite facilities.
Leisurely country walks around 20 acres of private farmland? Surf some of the best waves in Cornwall? Spend an afternoon fishing by the lake? A day exploring the nearby beaches and villages? Maybe a game of tennis in the indoor court or some well-deserved R&R in the swim spa?
Whatever you decide to do with your time at Cottons Cottage at the end of the day you’ll return to the comfort of a cosy two bedroom barn that has been renovated to luxury standards.
Once the humble dairy barn, Cottons Cottage is now a beautifully renovated holiday cottage. As one of 12 traditional stone barns on Woolstone Manor Farm, the cottage benefits from vaulted ceilings and a private and sunny south facing garden that floods the airy living space with light. It's an idyllic romantic getaway and the perfect location for a family holiday.
There are loads more photos on our website.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach:||Widemouth Bay, 3km|
Nearest amenities: 3km
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Suitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||No pets allowed|
No smoking at this property
|Luxuries:||Private indoor Pool, Jacuzzi / Hot tub, Sauna, Internet access, DVD player|
|Pool:||Private indoor Pool|
|General:||Central heating, TV, CD player, Telephone, Pool / Snooker table, Table tennis, Games room, Wi-fi available|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Clothes dryer, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||2 Bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 2 en suites|
|Furniture:||Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Dining seating for 4, Lounge seating for 4|
|Other:||Linen provided, please check with the advertiser regarding towels|
|Outdoors:||Tennis court on site, Private garden, BBQ, Private fishing lake / river|
Further details indoors:
Within the thick stone walls and under the exposed beams of the cottage you will find:
- A bright and spacious open plan kitchen and living area (with rustic slate flooring, comfy sofas and a dining table for four).
- A master bedroom with a king size bed and newly fitted ensuite bathroom.
- A large twin bedroom with newly fitted ensuite shower room.
- All the mod cons including WiFi, iPod dock, Freeview television and DVD player.
- Good mobile phone signal.
Make yourself at home.
Further details outdoors:
Cottons Cottage has a private south facing garden with outside dining furniture. It's perfect for lazy breakfasts and barbecues in the summer months. You'll also have access to the superb facilities offered at Woolstone Manor Farm for the duration of your stay.
The onsite facilities include:
- 20 acres of private farmland and woodland to explore, including a fishing lake. Meet the friendly alpacas, play with the rabbits in the farmhouse gardens or take a wildlife walk down to the river to try to spot the kingfisher or otter families.
- A full size indoor tennis court. Booked by the hour, for your own private use at no charge.
- A mini spa room including small swimming pool, jacuzzi and steam room. It's free to use and booked in hour slots for your own private use. You will be able to book at least 1 hour per day. Please check availability if your holiday is in the Winter between November-March. Open throughout Christmas and New Year holidays.
- Inside the Waggon House you'll find table tennis (free of charge - there are bats and balls in the cottage) and a pool table (50p per game).
- A tots playroom packed full of toys to delight the youngest members of your party.
- Giant chess for the big kids.
- And there's a laundry with coin operated tumble dryer and space to hang out those soggy wetsuits at the end of the day.
- Cottons Cottage is rented on a weekly basis.
- Saturday is our changeover day.
- A welcome pack (including our cream tea, restaurant and pub recommendations!) is provided in the cottage.
- Tea, coffee, fresh milk and biscuits will be waiting to revive you after your drive.
- One private parking space is available outside the cottage. Additional parking is available if required.
There is more information and lots more photos on our website
If you have any questions, please just call or email with your query. You can also visit the FAQs page of our website.
- £200 deposit required to confirm your booking (or 35% if booked through the online system).
- Cottons Cottage will be ready for you from 3pm on your arrival day.
- Please could you depart by 10am on your departure day.
- Bed linen is provided (except for travel cot).
- Please bring your own towels and tea towels.
- We ask for a "Good Housekeeping Bond" of £150 to be paid with your final payment. This will be returned to you (minus any charges where significant damage has occurred) within 14 days of the end of your holiday.
- Strictly no smoking or pets.
The West Country / Cornwall region
Cream teas, the best surf in the UK, sandy beaches, traditional pubs, world class restaurants, cosy coves and wide open countryside. The rugged coastline of North Cornwall is liberally scattered with bustling seaside towns and quaint villages for the intrepid holiday maker to explore.
The Bude / Widemouth Bay area
Nestled in the rolling Cornish countryside, Cottons Cottage feels a million miles away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
But the reality is the vibrant town of Bude is just an 8 minute drive away, giving you access to a wide range of pubs, surf shops, supermarkets, restaurants and cafes for those all important Cornish cream teas.
If you fancy testing out your surfing skills the sandy beach at Widemouth Bay is just a 3 minute drive down the road (where you can also find the local fishmonger, general store, surf shop, fish and chip shop and a great real ale and good food pub). And the pretty cove at Crackington Haven is well worth a visit - it has a lovely pub and two tea shops as well as a beautiful beach.
Explore a little further afield and you'll find the famous Cornish hotspots of Padstow and Newquay are within a one hour drive and the quaint village of Port Isaac is only about half an hour away.
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
Cottons Cottage is just two miles from the popular surfing beach and stunning coastal path at Widemouth Bay, about 15 minutes from the pretty beach of Crackington Haven and a short drive from the town of Bude. Full details of how to find the cottage will be provided on booking.
Activities near Bude
Tennis in town
Golf within 30 mins drive
Rural / countryside retreats
Beach or lakeside relaxation
17 Nov 2012
really beautiful converted cottage, decorated in a lovely homely feel. Added bonus of a spa pool and indoor tennis courts which were easy to book. The cottage is very near to the beaches and Bude itself for restaurants and shops. we had a lovely time and would recommend it highly.
16 Sep 2012
We loved Cottons Cottage. The countryside is beautiful and it is so easy to get to Bude, Port Isaac, Widemouth and Padstow. The quality of the building and facilities are to a very high standard and we found we had everything we needed. The spa is good fun and the tennis court, games room and play room are perfect if you want to stay on site. We had a brilliant time there - thank you.
05 Sep 2012
Cottons cottage was everything we hoped for and more. The facilities on the farm are great, the cottage itself was clean and tidy and was very well equipped with comfortable beds and lots of lovely home touches. We didn't want for anything and made the most of the short journey to Widmouth Bay and Bude to enjoy the waves. We would definitely book this cottage again.
|Rental prices originally quoted in: British £||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 4|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|Early Summer||4 Jun 11||2 Jul 11||£ 595||-||-||1 Week|
|Summer||2 Jul 11||8 Jul 11||£ 725||-||-||1 Week|
|Winter||5 Jan 13||16 Feb 13||£ 395||-||-||1 Week|
|Feb half term||16 Feb 13||23 Feb 13||£ 550||-||-||1 Week|
|Early Spring||23 Feb 13||23 Mar 13||£ 465||-||-||1 Week|
|Easter||23 Mar 13||13 Apr 13||£ 575||-||-||1 Week|
|Spring||13 Apr 13||4 May 13||£ 535||-||-||1 Week|
|Mayday||4 May 13||11 May 13||£ 595||-||-||1 Week|
|Spring||11 May 13||25 May 13||£ 550||-||-||1 Week|
|Whitsun||25 May 13||8 Jun 13||£ 725||-||-||1 Week|
|Early Summer||8 Jun 13||29 Jun 13||£ 595||-||-||1 Week|
|Summer||29 Jun 13||13 Jul 13||£ 695||-||-||1 Week|
|Peak Summer||13 Jul 13||31 Aug 13||£ 895||-||-||1 Week|
|Summer||31 Aug 13||14 Sep 13||£ 625||-||-||1 Week|
|Late Summer||14 Sep 13||28 Sep 13||£ 575||-||-||1 Week|
|September October||28 Sep 13||26 Oct 13||£ 495||-||-||1 Week|
|October half term||26 Oct 13||2 Nov 13||£ 575||-||-||1 Week|
|Autumn Winter||2 Nov 13||21 Dec 13||£ 395||-||-||1 Week|
|Christmas and New Year||21 Dec 13||4 Jan 14||£ 895||-||-||1 Week|
|Winter||4 Jan 14||15 Feb 14||£ 395||£ 105||£ 125||3 Nights|
|Feb Half Term||15 Feb 14||22 Feb 14||£ 550||-||-||1 Week|
|Early Spring||22 Feb 14||12 Apr 14||£ 475||£ 115||£ 125||3 Nights|
|Easter||12 Apr 14||26 Apr 14||£ 750||-||-||1 Week|
|Spring||26 Apr 14||3 May 14||£ 550||-||-||1 Week|
|Mayday||3 May 14||10 May 14||£ 650||-||-||1 Week|
|Late Spring||10 May 14||24 May 14||£ 575||-||-||1 Week|
|Whitsun||24 May 14||7 Jun 14||£ 750||-||-||1 Week|
|Early Summer||7 Jun 14||21 Jun 14||£ 595||-||-||1 Week|
|Summer||21 Jun 14||19 Jul 14||£ 795||-||-||1 Week|
|Peak Summer||19 Jul 14||6 Sep 14||£ 895||-||-||1 Week|
|Summer||6 Sep 14||20 Sep 14||£ 795||-||-||1 Week|
|Late Summer||20 Sep 14||4 Oct 14||£ 725||-||-||1 Week|
|Early Autumn||4 Oct 14||25 Oct 14||£ 495||-||-||1 Week|
|October Half Term||25 Oct 14||1 Nov 14||£ 595||-||-||1 Week|
|Autumn Winter||1 Nov 14||5 Dec 14||£ 395||£ 105||£ 125||3 Nights|
The property's weekend rates apply to: Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
Rentals are Saturday 3pm to Saturday 10am. Bed linen provided but please bring your own towels and tea towels. Refundable Â£150 "Good Housekeeping Bond" required with final balance payment.
Christmas and New Year rentals are minimum 2 weeks and we may be able to accommodate Friday changeovers if you would prefer. Good Housekeeping Bond is Â£300 over this period.Book
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Bookings for whole weeks only (Sat-Sat) on the dates indicated as available.
Holiday cottages in England (21,177)