This is a fantastic apartment. Location is a little out of Funchal but you can easily walk or the number 2 bus stops right outside. Everything is of top quality and the apartment has everything you could possibly need. Loved the balconies especially the sea facing one. The use of the parking was useful as well. There are a few restaurants within walking distance and a well stocked supermarket in the Forum Shopping Centre. …
Amazing stay, amazing property
What an understated advert I must say, spending 2 weeks in this amazing property was better than I could have expected. The house was perfect, exactly like it was in the pictures and completely spotless.
If you’re looking for a 5 star hotel but don’t want to pay the stupid hotel prices (came up at £2500 for me for 2 weeks for 2 people), or you want to have more room and enough breathing space for 3 - 4 couples comfortably then this is the perfect place. I chose to stay in this property over the hotel because I enjoy cooking and I didn’t want to go out for dinner every night.
I'll just bullet point out the best bits
2. Suzy is a great Landlady, we had family over and she didn’t have any complaints and even joined us for a BBQ on Tuesday, when you invite her get her to make her cheesecake :D
3. Bathrooms were amazing, Lovely shower, lovely bathroom, spotlessly clean, no mould at all anywhere (unlike most hotels).
4. Rocky the dog :D, I spent 2 weeks trying to get him to play with me but he’s a little chicken, cute dog though.
5. Huge BBQ available on the terrace for you to use, it was big enough for me to do dinner for 15 people on it.
6. TV has cable and a number of English programs on it (albeit with subtitles, but it’s not England is it)
7. Suzy couldn’t do enough to help us, she called us cabs, recommended where to go, pointed out dinner options and even told us about seasonal events (firework competition)
8. Far enough out of Funchal to be pleasantly quiet but close enough for a 7 euro cab journey.
9. Huge kitchen with a great stove and oven.
10. Washing machine out the back which is very handy, it’s normally pretty hot so clothes will dry quickly.
11. Really, Really close to Madeira Shopping, you can walk it but I recommend the 4 euro cab. It’s pretty much uphill all the way. However you have the superstore there where you can do your weekly shopping and get drinks/breakfast etc etc.
12. You can walk around in your dressing gown and go and get a coffee from your huge kitchen, sit on your huge terrace and drink it whilst sitting in your swing seat checking out the views of funchal… Much better than having to have a shower in a cramped room, getting fully dressed and then waiting in a queue like a lemming at a busy Hotel breakfast room.
I really can’t give this property enough praise, I was so surprised when I got it for the price I did, I expected there to be something wrong but no, nothing at all, it was perfect …
Nice spacious apartment, all hotel amenities also
Stayed in Hugo's apartment again having stayed the previous year around the same time. Ideal for us because it is spacious, nice balcony and enough self catering facilities to sort out an easy relaxing breakfast in comfort of your own space.
You can use the hotel facilities also and if you want a breakfast the hotel will issue you with vouchers to pay if you wish to use them so to us the fact that Hugo's room is a converted hotel room in the complex is actually a big plus. Sunbeds are plentiful and also free towels every day nice and clean. Courtesy bus to harbour free of charge if you wish etc.
This area of Madeira is quieter than the other end but we like it because there are some really nice restaurants close by, a lovely promenade to walk on, and not too many touristy trappings.
Hugo helped with any queries we had and we had a most enjoyable holiday.
We will return in the future ourselves and can recommend the apartment to anyone.
Eddie and Christine …
Excellent apartment in ideal location
Overall experience of apartment and dealing with Fernando was excellent.
Communication before and during holiday was easy via email with responses all within 24hrs. Once arrived picked us up and returned to airport, which he didn't have to do.
Apartment is in an ideal location as 10-15 min walk to Lido area and the same going towards the Casino/harbour area where there are also bars and restaurants.
As pictures show, great view onto Funchal.
Apartment itself very good with full amenities including good wifi and cable tv, as well as washing machine and dishwasher.
Very secure and quiet as entry key for apartments. Also, an underground parking space, which was ideal as hired a car for 4 days. …
Funchal Sunshine with large terrace and ocean view
We stayed here for seven weeks. The apartment is clean comfortable and well furnished having been recently completely refurbished. There is a good TV package and Internet connection and a large sunny balcony. It is well positioned close the lido and restaurants and 15 minutes walk to the Forum and 40 minutes to the town centre. The owners Alex & Sveta are local and always reply promptly to any emails or texts. Eddie & Patricia Scotland. …
Monumental Green Park Funchal Madeira AL: 34/2013
We have just stayed at Monumental Green Park for 5 weeks. The holiday has been perfect and the accomadation was more than we could have hoped for. Mr Macnab the owner and AYS the management company were always very helpful and always very responsive to help and assist if needed.
We knew the Ajuda area and so aware of the accessible restraunts, wine bars, shops and also the Forum shopping centre nearby which has a fantastic supermarket.
A great time!! And missing it already.
We will be returning in 2017
Thank you Karen & Pete Ashton …