Cottage | 3 bedrooms | sleeps 6
The pretty Cottage is a fantastic property in the grounds of the Chateau and has access to all the external facilities and the 5 acres of grounds and heated pool shared with the Chateau.
It is cosy and rustic with many exposed beams and has been lovingly renovated retaining a vast array of original features without being too formal. It is furnished in a period style in keeping with its rustic surroundings and provides lots of little luxuries that make a holiday here something quite special.
There is a large heated outdoor pool (30 x 15 feet) in the 5 acres of grounds which include a duck pond, meditation island and secret swing garden.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Criel sur Mer 20 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, House swap, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||200 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Beauvais 80 km, Nearest railway: Blangy sur Bresle 12 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Pool||Shared outdoor pool (heated)|
|General||CD player, Satellite TV|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (4), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Outdoors||Shared outdoor pool (heated), Balcony or terrace, Shared garden, BBQ, Bicycles available, Swing set|
|Further details indoors||
* Lounge – Lovely sitting room with solid oak flooring, exposed brickwork and views into the garden and outdoor dining, patio and barbecue area through the French doors. The lounge is equipped with Satellite TV with English channels, DVD player and hi-fi.
* Kitchen/Dining area – open plan kitchen and dining area with seating for six. The kitchen is fully equipped with oven, hob, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine and fridge/freezer.
* Bedroom One – cosy twin bedded room with solid oak floor and exposed brickwork. Views of garden.
* Bedroom Two – double bedded room with solid oak floor and room for cot if required. Views of garden.
* Bedroom Three – Children’s bunkbedded room, decorated in a child-friendly style!
* Bathroom - luxury spa bath with multi-jet shower, washbasin and WC.
* Garden furniture and barbecue (private), children’s play areas (shared) and fabulous 10m x 5m heated swimming pool (shared)
|Further details outdoors||
The outdoor heated shared pool is a generous 10 x 5 metres and there are plenty of loungers to go round plus five acres of gardens to lose yourself in. It is surrounded by a fence keeping the garden safe for smaller children. The pool is open from early April to late October.
The five acres of private gardens are traversed by the pretty river Yres. There are some stunning views looking down to the water from the bridges as well as riverside walks within the grounds. There is a formal garden at the front of the property, a huge lawned area at the back which is fenced off where it meets the river so children can play safely in the garden. There are bridges over the river to a secret garden area, an orchard and the owners’ very own island which is wonderful for meditation sessions! There is also a large duck pond, home to occasional wild ducks, as well as a large meadow with a 12th century church ruin on it to explore. The meadow is also home to our two ponies and a donkey Pepito (or Pete for short!), who love meeting our guests. A holiday here can be spent busily pursuing all the activities on offer in the local area, or doing absolutely nothing except relaxing in the chateau and its grounds.
The Normandy region
Le Treport and Mers-les-Bain are about 20 minutes drive away and well worth a visit for their fantastic restaurants, interesting architecture and antique shops.
The city of Eu, with its striking cathedral is well worth a visit and the cities of Dieppe and Abbeville are only 30 minutes drive away.
It’s also well worth making the 40 minute journey to the beautiful seaside town of St Valery-sur-somme with its huge array of pretty boats moored where the Somme meets the sea. The shops are lovely here, as is the seafood! For glorious sandy beaches, Le Crotoy is a little farther north.
If you feel like venturing further afield, Paris is only 2 hours away with Disneyland and Parc Asterix being favourites for the children.
Day trips can be made to the bird sanctuary at Marquenterre, Le Touquet with its infamous golfing, Monet’s garden at Giverny and the battlefields of the Somme are on the doorstep as well as the amazing chateaux of Eu and Rambures.
* There are several riding schools in the area, catering for everyone from age three upwards.
* There is lots of fishing in the region.
* There are two quad biking tracks within 10 minutes drive.
* The area is very popular for green-laning.
* There are many fantastic brocantes every Sunday during the summer – highly recommended and a great and very French day out for all the family.
* There is golf at Le Touquet.
* There are wonderful cycle paths, walks and picnicking areas in the forest of Eu, two minutes away.
* There is amazing wildlife to watch.
* There are plenty of wonderful restaurants in the area.
* There are expansive pebble beaches at Criel-sur-Mer and Mers-les-Bain and sandy beaches at Le Crotoy.
* There’s the bird sanctuary to visit at Marquenterre.
* There’s a great fish market and a casino at Le Treport.
* There’s a water park, Bagatelle, near le Touquet.
* Paris can easily be done in a day trip.
* Disneyland and Parc Asterix can be done each in a day.
* There’s Monet’s garden to visit at Giverny.
* There’s a huge lake near Gamaches, about 10 minutes away, with canoeing, kayaking, waterski-ing and windsurfing.
* There’s tennis in the nearby town of Neufchatel en Bray.
* There’s fantastic shopping to be done in cosmopolitan Dieppe.
Grandcourt is a typical pretty French country village with a breathtaking church and just two shops – a grocers, and that all-important bakers where after a three minute walk you will be able to buy your freshly baked bread and croissants each morning for breakfast. The village also has its own very authentic bar in the village square. The locals are very friendly and it’s impossible to pass someone in the street without them saying a friendly “bonjour”. The village is right on the edge of the beautiful Forest of Eu with its amazing cycle paths and walks and less than 10 minutes drive through the forest brings you to the picturesque market town of Blangy-sur-Bresle with its lively Sunday morning market and eclectic collection of shops as well as a large supermarket. Just 15 minutes drive away is the sleepy coastal town of Criel-sur-Mer with its huge expanse of beach.