East or West Wing
Chateau | 4 bedrooms | sleeps 10
The East Wing of the Chateau de la Vallee is half of the fabulous property which is idyllically set on the edge of a village by rolling countryside near the beautiful Forest of Eu. It sleeps up to 10 people in four bedrooms and also has four bathrooms and two reception rooms plus kitchen/diner and outdoor dining terrace with barbeque. The West Wing is very similar in size to the East Wing, also having 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms and two receptions plus kitchen/diner and private outdoor dining terrace and the wings can be rented together or separately by closing an interconnecting door. The 30 x 10 foot outdoor heated pool is shared with the neighbouring Cottage which can be rented together with one or both Wings if required. The beach at Criel-sur-Mer is just a 15 minute scenic drive away and the cities of Dieppe and Abbeville are just half an hour away, while Paris is an easy two hour drive. The Chateau has been lovingly renovated retaining a vast array of original features without being too formal. It is furnished in a period style in keeping with the rustic surroundings and provide lots of little luxuries that make a holiday here something quite special.
|Size||Sleeps up to 10, 4 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Criel sur Mer 20 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, House swap, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||200 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Beauvais 80 km, Nearest railway: Blangy sur Bresle 12 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 3 En suites|
|Furniture||Single beds (4), Double beds (3), Cots (2), Dining seats for 10, Lounge seats for 10|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Shared garden, BBQ, Bicycles available, Swing set|
|Further details indoors|
Ideal for a large family, group of friends, or even a small family who want lots of room! The generous accommodation consists of the following:
* Beautiful entrance and dining hall with dazzling chandelier, huge open fireplace, grand formal dining table with seating for up to ten and lots of books and games!
* Large L-shaped kitchen/dining room. The kitchen is fully equipped with a dishwasher, oven, hob, microwave, washing machine, fridge/freezer and a smaller dining table.
* Large salon – a huge and peaceful living room with satellite TV, with plenty of English speaking channels, hi-fi and DVD player. This room opens out onto the outdoor dining and barbecue area.
* Small salon – a smaller living room just off the main room for quiet moments.
* Bedroom One – pretty twin bedded room. Open fireplace and views of the garden.
* Downstairs shower room with multi-jet shower unit, sink and WC.
* Bedroom Two – Double bed, built-in wardrobe and solid oak floor with open fireplace. Room for extra single bed if necessary. Lovely chandelier. Fabulous marble en suite bathroom with bath and shower attachment, WC, bidet and washbasin. DVD player.
* Bedroom Three – Double bed, built-in wardrobe and marble topped dressing table. Room for extra single bed if necessary. En suite shower room with multi-jet shower cubicle and facility to bath children, WC and washbasin.
* Bedroom Four – Absolutely huge family room – double bed, two singles and room for two more singles if you need them. Solid oak floor, fireplace, dazzling chandelier and huge walk-in wardrobe. Portable TV with Satellite TV and English speaking channels. Exposed beams and slanted ceiling. En suite bathroom with bath and shower attachment, WC and washbasin.
Large Salon with open fireplace, satellite TV, DVD player, hi-fi, fully equipped kitchen, large dining room with seating for 10, WC and shower room.
Mezzanine area overlooking salon.
Two double bedrooms both with en suite bathrooms, one with multi-jet shower unit and the other with bath and overhead shower, both with flat screen DVD player.
Large master bedroom with double and two single beds and large jacuzzi bath in the room plus en suite shower room and smaller children's twin room off the larger bedroom. Both bedrooms have flat screen DVD players.
Private outdoor terrace with barbeque and outside seating for 10.
* Garden furniture and barbecue (private), children’s play areas (shared) and fabulous 10m x 5m heated swimming pool (shared)
|Further details outdoors|
Garden furniture and barbecue in private patio area, children’s play area. Five acres of grounds to explore with a meditation island, duck pond, swing garden and two ponies and a donkey. The outdoor heated shared pool is a generous 10 x 5 metres and there are plenty of loungers to go round plus five acres of gardens to lose yourself in. It is surrounded by a fence keeping the garden safe for smaller children. The pool is open from early April to late October. The five acres of private gardens are traversed by the pretty river Yres. There are some stunning views looking down to the water from the bridges as well as riverside walks within the grounds. There is a formal garden at the front of the property, a huge lawned area at the back which is fenced off where it meets the river so children can play safely in the garden. There are bridges over the river to a secret swing garden area, an orchard and meditation island which is a wonderful island flanked by the river! There is also a large duck pond, home to seven friendly ducks, as well as a large meadow with a 12th century church ruin on it to explore. The meadow is also home to our two ponies and a donkey Pepito (or Pete for short!), who love meeting our guests. A holiday here can be spent busily pursuing all the activities on offer in the local area, or doing absolutely nothing except relaxing in the chateau and its grounds.
The Normandy region
Le Treport and Mers-les-Bain are about 20 minutes drive away and well worth a visit for their fantastic restaurants, interesting architecture and antique shops.
The city of Eu, with its striking cathedral is well worth a visit and the cities of Dieppe and Abbeville are only 30 minutes drive away.
It’s also well worth making the 40 minute journey to the beautiful seaside town of St Valery-sur-somme with its huge array of pretty boats moored where the Somme meets the sea. The shops are lovely here, as is the seafood! For glorious sandy beaches, Le Crotoy is a little farther north.
If you feel like venturing further afield, Paris is only 2 hours away with Disneyland and Parc Asterix being favourites for the children.
Day trips can be made to the bird sanctuary at Marquenterre, Le Touquet with its infamous golfing, Monet’s garden at Giverny and the battlefields of the Somme are on the doorstep as well as the amazing chateaux of Eu and Rambures.
* There are several riding schools in the area, catering for everyone from age three upwards.
* There is lots of fishing in the region.
* There are two quad biking tracks within 10 minutes drive.
* The area is very popular for green-laning.
* There are many fantastic brocantes every Sunday during the summer – highly recommended and a great and very French day out for all the family.
* There is golf at Le Touquet.
* There are wonderful cycle paths, walks and picnicking areas in the forest of Eu, two minutes away.
* There is amazing wildlife to watch.
* There are plenty of wonderful restaurants in the area.
* There are expansive pebble beaches at Criel-sur-Mer and Mers-les-Bain and sandy beaches at Le Crotoy.
* There’s the bird sanctuary to visit at Marquenterre.
* There’s a great fish market and a casino at Le Treport.
* There’s a water park, Bagatelle, near le Touquet.
* Paris can easily be done in a day trip.
* Disneyland and Parc Asterix can be done each in a day.
* There’s Monet’s garden to visit at Giverny.
* There’s a huge lake near Gamaches, about 10 minutes away, with canoeing, kayaking, waterski-ing and windsurfing.
* There’s tennis in the nearby town of Neufchatel en Bray.
* There’s fantastic shopping to be done in cosmopolitan Dieppe.
Grandcourt is a typical pretty French country village with a breathtaking church and just two shops – a grocers, and that all-important bakers where after a three minute walk you will be able to buy your freshly baked bread and croissants each morning for breakfast. The village also has its own very authentic bar in the village square. The locals are very friendly and it’s impossible to pass someone in the street without them saying a friendly “bonjour”. The village is right on the edge of the beautiful Forest of Eu with its amazing cycle paths and walks and less than 10 minutes drive through the forest brings you to the picturesque market town of Blangy-sur-Bresle with its lively Sunday morning market and eclectic collection of shops as well as a large supermarket. Just 15 minutes drive away is the sleepy coastal town of Criel-sur-Mer with its huge expanse of beach.
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
30 Nov 2013
"Chateau chic escape"
A large house great for group family getaways. Very classically French inside with all you need for an extremely comfortable stay (bathrooms galore which is very handy when with lots of other families… More
29 Nov 2013
"Great place for a big group"
We had a wonderful week here at this lovely chateau. We had 8 adults and 8 young children over both wings and both groups had a fantastic time. The kids loved the pool and grounds, while the adults re… More
31 Jul 2013
"Wow ! A real tranquil piece of heaven."
A wonderful haven for all the family even teenagers who loved the heated pool, a hit, even on cloudy days! The chataeu was beautifully presented with all mod cons but with a charming french twist. Sur… More
26 Mar 2012
"Fabulous Chateau in an idyllic setting"
We spent a wonderful relaxing weekend in this fabulous chateau which is just as splendid as it looks in the photos. The tranquil village setting provides a lovely backdrop for this magnificent country house.
Dieppe harbour and Mer- le-Bains are only 25 mins away and you are only 1.5 hours from the Eurotunnel, making it easy for a quick weekend getaway. Wish we could have stayed longer!
You're booking with
95% Response rate
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted
- Visit site
- 35 properties
- 29 properties
- 28 properties
- Le Touquet
- 16 properties
- Boulogne sur Mer
- 15 properties
- 13 properties
- 12 properties
- Le Crotoy
- 10 properties
- 10 properties
- 9 properties
- Stella Plage
- 8 properties
- 8 properties
- 7 properties
- Le Touquet Paris Plage
- 7 properties
- 7 properties
- 6 properties
- Hardelot Plage
- 6 properties
- 6 properties