from £250 /night help
Chateau | 8 bedrooms | sleeps 20
Le Chateau de la Vallee is idyllically set in beautiful rolling countryside.next to the beautiful Forest of Eu and nestling on the edge of the pretty village of Grandcourt. It is divided into two halves each sleeping up to 10 which can be rented separately or together, plus there's a pretty 3 bedroomed cottage sleeping up to 6 people in the grounds which can be rented with the chateau or on its own.The beach at Criel-sur-Mer is just a 15 minute scenic drive away and the cities of Dieppe and Abbeville are just half an hour away, while Paris is an easy two hour drive. The Chateau and its Cottage are fantastic properties with their own heated pool which have been lovingly renovated retaining a vast array of original features without being too fussy. They are furnished in a period style in keeping with their rustic surroundings and provide lots of little luxuries that make a holiday here something quite special.
|Size||Sleeps up to 20, 8 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Criel sur Mer 20 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, House swap, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||200 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Beauvais 80 km, Nearest railway: Blangy sur Bresle 12 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Jacuzzi or hot tub, DVD player|
|Pool||Shared outdoor pool (heated)|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||8 bedrooms, 8 bathrooms of which 8 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (8), Double beds (6), Cots (4), Dining seats for 20, Lounge seats for 20|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Shared outdoor pool (heated), Balcony or terrace, Shared garden, BBQ, Bicycles available, Swing set|
|Further details indoors|
The Chateau itself has been refurbished retaining masses of original features which sit alongside modern day luxuries. It is spacious, atmospheric and full of character without being too formal.
Maximum occupancy 10
Ideal for a large family, group of friends, or even a small family who want lots of room! The generous accommodation consists of the following:
* Beautiful entrance and dining hall with dazzling chandelier, huge open fireplace, grand formal dining table with seating for up to ten and lots of books and games!
* Large L-shaped kitchen/dining room. The kitchen is equipped with a dishwasher, oven, hob, microwave, washing machine, fridge/freezer and a smaller dining table.
* Large salon – a huge and peaceful living room with satellite TV, with plenty of English speaking channels, hi-fi, and DVD player. This room opens out onto the outdoor dining and barbecue area.
* Small salon – a smaller living room just off the main room for quiet moments.
* Bedroom One – pretty twin bedded room. Open fireplace and views of the garden.
* Downstairs shower room with shower unit, sink and WC.
* Bedroom Two – Double bed, built-in wardrobe and solid oak floor with open fireplace. Room for extra single bed if necessary. Lovely chandelier. Fabulous marble en suite bathroom with bath and shower attachment, WC, bidet and washbasin. DVD player.
* Bedroom Three – Double bed, built-in wardrobe and marble topped dressing table. Room for extra single bed if necessary. En suite shower room with multi-jet shower cubicle and facility to bath children, WC and washbasin.
* Bedroom Four – Absolutely huge family room – double bed, two singles and room for two more singles if you need them. Solid oak floor, fireplace, dazzling chandelier and huge walk-in wardrobe. Portable TV with Satellite TV and English speaking channels. Exposed beams and slanted ceiling. En suite bathroom with bath and shower attachment, WC and washbasin.
Garden furniture and barbecue in private patio area, children’s play area Shared use of fabulous heated swimming pool 10m x 5 m which will be open from early April to late October.
Large Salon with open fireplace, satellite TV, DVD player, hi-fi, fully equipped kitchen, large dining room with seating for 10, WC and shower room.
Mezzanine area overlooking salon.
Two double bedrooms both with en suite bathrooms, one with multi-jet shower unit and the other with bath and overhead shower, both with flat screen DVD player.
Large master bedroom with double and two single beds and en suite and smaller children's twin room off this room. Both bedrooms have flat screen DVD players.
Private outdoor terrace with outside seating for 10.
* Lounge – Lovely sitting room with solid oak flooring, exposed brickwork and views into the garden and outdoor dining, patio and barbecue area through the French doors. The lounge is equipped with Satellite TV with English channels, DVD player and hi-fi.
* Kitchen/Dining area – open plan kitchen and dining area with seating for six. The kitchen is fully equipped with oven, hob, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine and fridge/freezer.
* Bedroom One – cosy twin bedded room with solid oak floor and exposed brickwork. Views of garden.
* Bedroom Two – double bedded room with solid oak floor and room for cot if required. Views of garden.
* Bedroom Three – Children’s bunkbedded room, decorated in a child-friendly style!
* Bathroom - luxury spa bath with multi-jet shower, washbasin and WC.
* Garden furniture and barbecue (private), children’s play areas (shared) and fabulous 10m x 5m heated swimming pool (shared)
|Further details outdoors|
The outdoor heated shared pool is a generous 10 x 5 metres and there are plenty of loungers to go round plus five acres of gardens to lose yourself in. It is surrounded by a fence keeping the garden safe for smaller children. The pool is open from early April to late October.
The five acres of private gardens are traversed by the pretty river Yeres. There are some stunning views looking down to the water from the bridges as well as riverside walks within the grounds. There is a formal garden at the front of the property, a huge lawned area at the back which is fenced off where it meets the river so children can play safely in the garden. There are bridges over the river to a secret garden area, an orchard and the owners’ very own island which is wonderful for meditation sessions! There is also a large duck pond, home to seven friendly ducks, as well as a large meadow with a 12th century church ruin on it to explore. The meadow is also home to our two ponies and a donkey Pepito (or Pete for short!), who love meeting our guests. A holiday here can be spent busily pursuing all the activities on offer in the local area, or doing absolutely nothing except relaxing in the chateau and its grounds.
The Haute-Normandie region
Le Treport and Mers-les-Bain are about 20 minutes drive away and well worth a visit for their fantastic restaurants, interesting architecture and antique shops.
The city of Eu, with its striking cathedral is well worth a visit and the cities of Dieppe and Abbeville are only 30 minutes drive away.
It’s also well worth making the 40 minute journey to the beautiful seaside town of St Valery-sur-somme with its huge array of pretty boats moored where the Somme meets the sea. The shops are lovely here, as is the seafood! For glorious sandy beaches, Le Crotoy is a little farther north.
If you feel like venturing further afield, Paris is only 2 hours away with Disneyland and Parc Asterix being favourites for the children.
Day trips can be made to the bird sanctuary at Marquenterre, Le Touquet with its infamous golfing, Monet’s garden at Giverny and the battlefields of the Somme are on the doorstep as well as the amazing chateaux of Eu and Rambures.
* There are several riding schools in the area, catering for everyone from age three upwards.
* There is lots of fishing in the region.
* There are two quad biking tracks within 10 minutes drive.
* The area is very popular for green-laning.
* There are many fantastic brocantes every Sunday during the summer – highly recommended and a great and very French day out for all the family.
* There is golf at Le Touquet.
* There are wonderful cycle paths, walks and picnicking areas in the forest of Eu, two minutes away.
* There is amazing wildlife to watch.
* There are plenty of wonderful restaurants in the area.
* There are expansive pebble beaches at Criel-sur-Mer and Mers-les-Bain and sandy beaches at Le Crotoy.
* There’s the bird sanctuary to visit at Marquenterre.
* There’s a great fish market and a casino at Le Treport.
* There’s a water park, Bagatelle, near le Touquet.
* Paris can easily be done in a day trip.
* Disneyland and Parc Asterix can be done each in a day.
* There’s Monet’s garden to visit at Giverny.
* There’s a huge lake near Gamaches, about 10 minutes away, with canoeing, kayaking, waterski-ing and windsurfing.
* There’s tennis in the nearby town of Neufchatel en Bray.
* There’s fantastic shopping to be done in cosmopolitan Dieppe.
Grandcourt is a typical pretty French country village with a breathtaking church and just two shops – a grocers, and that all-important bakers where after a three minute walk you will be able to buy your freshly baked bread and croissants each morning for breakfast. The village also has its own very authentic bar in the village square. The locals are very friendly and it’s impossible to pass someone in the street without them saying a friendly “bonjour”. The village is right on the edge of the beautiful Forest of Eu with its amazing cycle paths and walks and less than 10 minutes drive through the forest brings you to the picturesque market town of Blangy-sur-Bresle with its lively Sunday morning market and eclectic collection of shops as well as a large supermarket. Just 15 minutes drive away is the sleepy coastal town of Criel-sur-Mer with its huge expanse of beach.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Very Good 4/5
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
18 Aug 2014
"Cottage - small"
The grounds and of course swimming pool are absolutely brilliant. The outdoor space of the cottage is great and if you could spend all the time outdoors it would be ideal. However the weather in Nor… More
4 Sep 2013
"Living like a lord."
The house and grounds are lovely and take two days just to explore. Add in the fact it has a lovely pool and is all fenced including the grounds so kids can have a little freedom to play. You may even find a den we built in the woods. It's only a couple of hours drive from Calais but it does mean the weather is only a little warmer than the UK.
28 Aug 2013
"Perfect location for family reunion"
We rented the East Wing and cottage for 17 members of our family, mostly travelling from the UK. The house(s), grounds and pool were truly lovely and everything clean and well-maintained. We found activities for all ages within reasonable driving distances, but even just chilling in the house, gardens and pool was great.
1 Oct 2012
This was our third visit to the Chateau at Grandcourt, there were 16 of us this time so we rented the East wing and the Cottage for a long weekend. The surrounding countryside is lovely and ideal for short trips out to the coast or other areas of beauty. The Chateau is great, set in lovely grounds with a good pool and lovely BBQ facilities. We have found that there is everything there that we need and the welcome pack on arrival is a nice touch. I thought that the group might like to try somehwere else next year but it has been unanimous we will be returning for our fourth year running!
4 May 2012
"Wonderful Easter Break"
What a great week! We travelled as a large group (17) so hired both wings of the main house, this provided more space than enough with beds to spare. Our party included 9 children of varying ages so separate adult and child dining was ideal given the two large dining areas.
The grounds and stream provided plenty of entertainment for the children but the wonderful surrounding country side and places to visit made the week fly by.
As party organiser my job was made simple by the owners clear and quick communication.
While for some of the older children a lack of internet connection initially caused concern for some of us that is a blessing.
So the big question would we go back? - BIG FAT YES!!