Church Farm Cottage
Cottage | 1 bedrooms | sleeps 2
Church Farm Cottage is a peaceful and relaxed hideaway - the perfect place to 'get away from it all'. Originally a stable and hayloft, it stands on one side of the farm courtyard opposite a 17th century barn. Now beautifully converted, it has one double bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, dining area, sitting room and small walled garden making it the perfect environment to relax and enjoy the peaceful tranquility of Church Farm and it's stunning landscape.
Situated in the heart of the picturesque village of Kington Langley, which boasts a pub, village green and duck pond, guests can enjoy the gentle pace of village life. Bath is 12 miles away and we're a short drive to the delightful villages and towns of Lacock, Castle Coombe, Corsham and Brdford on Avon. We're ideally placed for exploring The Cotswolds, Salisbury, Tetbury and many private and National Trust properties such as Bowood and Dyrham Park.
This newly refurbished, quintessentially English country cottage is ready to welcome guests for weekly lets at £350 per week, from Saturday to Saturday based on two guests sharing.
|Size||Sleeps up to 2, 1 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Weston Super Mare 49 km|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||4 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Bristol Airport (50mins) 55.7 km, Nearest railway: Chippenham (9 mins) 4.8 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Washing machine|
|Rooms||1 bedroom, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Private garden, BBQ|
The Central Southern England region
Set within the quintessentially English village of Kington Langley, Church Farm Cottage is within easy reach of the historic UNESCO world heritage city of Bath, with its Roman Baths and classic Georgian architecture. The Cottage can also be used as a base to explore further afield with Bristol, Stonehenge, Castle Coombe, Cheddar Gorge and Longleat Safari park all within an hours drive. It is also a fantastic place to just explore the beautiful Wiltshire and North Somerset countryside on foot, hoof or bike.
- The world famous Georgian City of Bath is approximately 15 miles west (approx 30 min drive). Definitely worth a visit! Here you will find the Roman Baths, wonderful shops nestled in ancient alleyways, Restaurants (including Jamie Oliver!), the Theatre Royal frequently offering West End shows and various cinemas. The thermal Bath Spa is relatively new to Bath and offers relaxing treatments plus being able to relax in the roof top pool overlooking the beautiful city. There really is something here to cater for everyone's need!
Don't miss a weekend Christmas shopping and trip to the festive Bath Christmas Market 22nd Nov - 9th Dec 2012 situated right outside Bath Abbey and The Roman Baths.
For balloon enthusiasts enjoy an early morning or evening trip rising from the centre of Bath including a glass of Champagne!
- Devizes is a 25 minute drive away. Here you will find the famous Caen Hill Flight of Canal Locks. The Kennet and Avon Canal runs through Devizes and it is possible to bicycle East to Pewsey and beyond with various pubs along the route or to Bath and beyond going West! Or rent a canal boat and cruise along at a more gentle pace of life. There is the Palace one screen Cinema with various film showings per day. Wadworths brewery famous for Six-X bitter and has free Visitor Centre – see the only Shire Horses still in use for beer delivery in the area. Devizes even offers a Ghost Walk tour!
- The famous Bristol Four Day International Balloon Fiesta is held 9-12th August 2012 and a great day out. Set in the rolling parkland of Ashton Court, Bristol (approx 50 mins by car) where you can see over 100 hot air balloons of every shape and size!
- The world renowned Westonbirt Arboretum is 20 miles by car, and in early spring comes to life with its daffodils followed by the bluebells, wonderful rhododendrons, camellias, azaleas and other flowering trees. Late September, October and November are some of the best months to visit with its spectacular display of autumn colours.
During the summer months 2012 there are concerts including Razorlights, The Darkness, Will Young and for the more classically inclined Alfie Boe and his special guest Laura Wright.
The end of November and through December, there is an illuminated trail where you can walk through the enchanted wood, see Father Christmas and little ones can help Santa find his reindeer; join local choirs and sing carols, eat roasted chestnuts with mulled wine!
- Longleat Safari & Adventure Park (approx 1 hour by car), open year round and endless attractions offering boat trips, hand-feeding the giraffes, the brand new Gorilla Colony, the Jungle Express Train. In December take the Santa Express train to Father Chrismas, skate on real ice and see the dazzing Christmas tree.
- Visit the neolithic henge monument of Avebury with three its' three stone circles . One of the best known pre-historic sites in Britain and largest stone circle in Europe. Walk around the stones, the village and then visit local pub for a refreshing drink! A short distance away are the even older monuments of West Kennet Long Barow and Silbury Hill.
The beautiful villages of Lacock and Castle Coombe are all a short drive away. The historic town of Corsham is close by too, which offers a stately home, a charming high street and a number of interesting shops and restaurants.
There are so many places to explore and discover locally and we have full details in the cottage
Kington Langley itself is beautiful and with a number of interesting walks and a superb on the doorstep - who could ask for more!
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
10 Aug 2014
"Excellent cottage, highly recommended."
We had a lovely week using the cottage as a base for visiting many of Wiltshire's great attractions. The owners (Kate and Will) were very welcoming and close by to provide help if required. The c… More
Thank you for your lovely review - we look forward to seeing you again soon!!
6 Aug 2014
"Church Farm Cottage is a wonderful place to stay."
Church Farm Cottage is a wonderful place to stay. The cottage itself was comfortable, spacious, homely as well as being independent and very stylish. The owners made us feel very welcome. Kington La… More
12 Jul 2014
"Very comfortable, well positioned cottage & welcoming & friendly owners"
Thanks so much to Kate & Will for making us so welcome. The cottage was well placed for visiting Bath and also lots of surrounding National Trust properties. Character cottage with very sunny garde… More
It was a pleasure to have you with us and we very much hope you can come back one day. With our best wishes, Will and Kate
7 Jul 2014
"Stunning cottage in a beautiful setting"
We stayed at Church Farm cottage for a week before our wedding in May. The cottage is stunning, with lots of space, light, and a beautiful private little garden, overlooking the rest of the garden and… More
Thank you for your review - Wonderful to have you with us. With our best wishes, Kate and Will
You need to pay through the Holiday Lettings website to ensure your payment is protected. We can’t protect your payment if you don’t pay through us.Learn more
You're booking with
94% Response rate
Calendar last updated:14 Sep 2014
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted
- 381 properties
- 192 properties
- Forest of Dean
- 100 properties
- 77 properties
- 59 properties
- 33 properties
- 33 properties
- 30 properties
- 25 properties
- 23 properties
- 21 properties
- 18 properties
- Wotton Under Edge
- 17 properties
- 13 properties
- 12 properties
- 11 properties
- 9 properties
- 7 properties
- 7 properties
- Wootton Bassett
- 7 properties