Live like a local in Madragoa (Santos quarter)
from £41 /night help Price for guests, Nights
from £41 /night help Price for guests, Nights
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Excludes fees (if applicable). Enter your dates to see the total cost.
Apartment / 1 bedrooms / sleeps 5 Home 1190204
Availability Your dates are available
Apartment / 1 bedrooms / sleeps 5
Why choose Madragoa? Easy, because Madragoa resembles a lot like Bairro Alto in many ways (labyrinthine streets, charming old buildings covered with tiles, many traditional restaurants and cafés) but is far less touristy. You can easily walk anywhere you like in central Lisbon from this place - Baixa, Bica, Chiado, Cais do Sodré, Bairro Alto - and the walk will be pleasant and beautiful. This typical quarter from Santos neighborhood, is located among Cais do Sodré, Lapa and Bica. It used to be a fisherman's neighborhood and it has a strong fado tradition. It feels like a small village inside Lisbon, where kids are still free to play on the street and people take care of each others.
FULLY EQUIPPED APARTMENT IN A PEDONAL STREET (no traffic noise)
- Free Wi-Fi.
- Bed linen and fresh towels- One room with a double bed and one big sofa bed that turns into a sofa bed-Bathroom with a big shower, hairdryer and shower gel.
-Separate kitchen with all the domestic appliances (pans, pots, cutlery, dishes, etc) fridge, freezer, washing machine, microwave, kettle, coffee machine and toaster-Second floor equivalent to a first floor (only two rows of stairs, no elevator) on a quiet pedonal street, no traffic noise at all.
- Baby cot and high chair available
- Acient Art Museum with its panoramic bar
- the famous 28 tram crosses this quarter
- Ribeira food Market is in 12 minutes walking distance
- Fado restaurants
- Design district
- Boat trips for river tours
- Alcantara Docks with is many restaurants
- LX Factory
- Pingo doce supermarket is a 10 minutes walk-
- Transports: Bus, tram 28 and train. 15 minutes walk from Cais do Sodré subway station.
- Fado restaurants-
- Lot's of trendy restaurants
- Scenic point terraces with cafés-
- Only 2 train stops from Belém
PROVIDED SERVICES WITH A FEE:
- Airport /Apartment transfer in private car-
- Tour Guides - Extra cleaning-
Baby cot upon requestI am totally available for you during your stay.
- It will be my pleasure helping you to plan your days even before your arrival.
You will also find maps and lot's of touristic leaflets in the apartment,
|Size||Sleeps up to 5, 1 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Praia da Torre 4 km|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Aeroporto Internacional da Portela 9 km, Nearest railway: Santos 350 km|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Rooms||1 bedroom, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Access||Not suitable for wheelchair users|
The Estremadura region
Madragoa resembles like Bairro Alto in many ways (labyrinthine streets, charming higgledy-piggledy old buildings, many traditional restaurants and cafés) but is far less touristy. You can easily walk anywhere you like in central Lisbon from this place - Baixa, Bica, Chiado, Bairro Alto - and the walk will be pleasant and beautiful.
This typical quarter from Santos neighborhood, is located among Cais do Sodré, Lapa and Bica. It used to be a fisherman's neighborhood and it has a strong fado tradition. It feels like a small village inside Lisbon, where kids are still free to play on the street and people take care of each others.
- Pingo Doce supermarket is a 10 minutes walk and it is open from 9 am until 9 pm
- There is a Spa nearby where you can have a massage
- Transports: Choose between bus, the famous tram 28 and the train (the last one connects Cais do Sodre (one stop) from Cascais Riviera (35 minutes trip).
- Fado restaurant 12 minutes walking distance
- Lot's of restaurants with typical food
- Scenic point terrace with café
- Only 2 train stops from historic Belém quarter
- Get on the train direction Cascais and after 8 stops (25 minutes ride) leave at Carcavelos station. Choose between Praia da Torre or Carcavelos beach, both close from each other. At Carcavelos, you can try a surf lesson
- Get on the boat at Belém, croos the river and take the bus that takes you to te south bank beaches
- If you have a car, I will let you know about other great beaches less crowded
MUST DO VISITS OUT OF LISBON
.- Sintra UNESCO village
- Mafra and Ericeira fishing village (also a great surf spot)
- Óbidos + Berlengas island
- Évora and Reguengos de Monsaraz
Build your perfect trip, with Holiday Lettings & TripAdvisor
Real opinions, real reviews
Genuine guest feedback from 100,000+ reviews
Quick response times
Know where you're staying within 24 hours
Safe, simple, secure
When you pay online with PayPal or by credit/debit card
Book with confidence
Pay online to be covered by Payment Protection
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
Help other travellers decide where to stay
This holiday home hasn’t got any reviews yet. The average rating on Holiday Lettings is four out of five. This place could be newly added or perhaps it’s a well kept secret. Either way, it’s time to reveal all.