Apartment | 1 bedrooms | sleeps 4
For good reason, people have been visiting Nice and the Cote d'Azur for over 150 years because of its warm climate and the quality of the light made it attractive to artists.
Located in an elegant street in one of the smartest areas of Nice, this apartment is located in a traditional building which was completely modernised in 2005. The apartment is on the first floor and is accessed by the lift or stairs. All major amenities are close by.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 1 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Promenade des Anglais 500 m|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car not necessary, Wheelchair users|
|Nearest Amenities||100 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Nice 7 km, Nearest railway: Nice 1 km|
|Family friendly||Suitable for children over 5, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||Central heating, Air conditioning, TV, CD player|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||1 bedroom, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Double beds (1), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Bicycles available|
|Access||Wheelchair users, Lift access|
|Further details indoors|
Our property has just about everything you could need. This tastefully furnished apartment is fitted to a very high standard and is fully air-conditioned. The main room serves as the lounge and open plan kitchen. The lounge has a large sofa bed sleeping 2 people. For entertainment there is a TV, DVD player and music centre. The high ceiling helps gives a feeling of airiness. For those wishing to self-cater, the kitchen is fully fitted with an electric cooker and oven, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, electric toaster and kettle. Leading off the lounge is the bedroom with double bed and fitted wardrobes. Both the lounge and bedroom open out onto a large terrace overlooking the courtyard at the back of the building. The terrace is extremely unusual for a city apartment and has a parasol, table and chairs to allow you to entertain or just relax on warm balmy evenings away from the crowds of central Nice. There is also a shower room with washbasin and WC and a washing machine.
|Further details outdoors|
The apartment is very centrally located. It is about 20 minutes from the airport by taxi and the bus stop is only 500 meters away. The apartment is close to all amenities, shops, cafés, restaurants, markets, supermarkets and launderettes.
If you're too tired to cook, there are numerous cafés and restaurant outside.
Frequent buses to take you around Nice and to places like Cannes, Antibes, Vence or Grasse. Public transport in Nice is really excellent so a car isn't essential – you can enjoy the local rosé wine without worrying about your driving licence.
Price includes electricity and heating/cooling, use of sheets & towels (for use in the apartment only) and guest welcome pack.
Sorry, we do not allow smoking in the apartment or animals.
The Provence Alpes Cote d'Azur region
Nice is a mixture of the old, new, trendy and traditional. On one side it’s framed by the mountains and on the other by the magnificent seafront which is over five miles long. Nice is the capital of the Cote d'Azur and its largest city. . Originally it was ruled by the Italians and even today there remains a strong Italian influence in the old town, in the narrow lanes and in the style of the buildings. For good reason, people have been visiting Nice and the Cote d'Azur for over 150 years because of its warm climate and the quality of the light made it attractive to artists. In the 1930s the rich and famous came to socialise, to swim in the warm Mediterranean sea and to sunbathe. There is definitely a feeling of opulence and style as you stroll past the two casinos and the many luxury hotels on the Promenade des Anglais.
Why should you come? Nice is a fabulous place with something to meet just about all needs. I love it because (in no particular order):
• It has a mild winter climate and is warm in summer. It’s sunny for 300 days of the year.
• The uniqueness of the promenade des Anglais, a place bustling with people enjoying themselves and simply relaxing. View the beautiful crystal clear water and the private and public beaches are all close by, relax under a beach umbrella, rent a chaise lounge and enjoy a cocktail or lunch at one of the many beachside restaurants.
• The lifestyle - a relaxed, Mediterranean pace of life.
• The people who are genuinely helpful and friendly
• The things to do - excellent restaurants, stylish shopping, cool entertainment of all kinds
• Sun, sea and the mountain backdrop
• Sunset over the Baie des Anges, the bay which Nice overlooks
• Museums and art galleries
• The city is compact and its easy to get around by public transport
• The rest of the Cote d'Azur is within easy reach
• There are regular events throughout the year in Nice and the rest of the Cote d'Azur. Nice holds an annual Carnival and Flower Festival in February, Feast of the Gourds in April, International Tennis Tournament in April, May Festival and Jazz Festival in July. Added to this are the the Monte Carlo Rally in January and Cannes Film Festival and Monaco Grand Prix in May .
• In winter the ski slopes are just 90 minutes away
• Italy is just half an hour away by car or train
• For UK residents, it's easy to fly direct to Nice and the airport is just 5 miles from the city centre.