About the home
The TREE-HOUSE is suitable for 2-4 people with its own private entrance and courtyard/garden from the South of the property and with a view of the sea and the whole village from its private balcony.
* It is ideally situated for you to unlock the unique flavor of the village, within walking distance from the centre of the village and the harbor (10 min) through the Ermioni "old town". You will find the place clean and tidy, with fresh, five-star-quality linen and towels. It has a great sea view from both sides (North & South) since it is situated at the top of the hill. Ermioni village is a peninsula surrounded by sea and the property is in the quietest and safe area very close to the forest and only 150 m from the sea.
* IT’S ideal for couples or families that what to relax in a spacious and comfortable place and explore the area too.
* THERE are many sandy beaches all around our area that you have to explore and choose from. We shall provide you with all you need to know about the area, so that you will visit only the best and unspoilt.
* ERMIONI is very close to many famous historical sites and islands which you can visit on daily excursions (Nafplio, Epidavros, Mycenae, Hydra island, Spetses Island and Poros islands).
* OUR guests should expect a very friendly family like holiday, in a private spotless property where we also spend some of our holidays. We will guide you to the best local shops and restaurants, hidden gems and the intriguing local landmarks: the things you won't find in any guidebook. This will help you escape the tourist traps and to experience the village and the area the way the locals do.
* Fancy a movie? Head to the Portoheli open air summer cinema and watch a different blockbuster every day. Want to explore other areas? Drive to the port of Costa (just a 20 minute drive away from the house) jump into the traditional “kaiki” (wooden boat) which will take you to Spetses island in just 20 minutes. Walk around the little streets of Spetses and explore the shops and the buildings.
* WHAT about a visit to Methana peninsula and its volcano and the best place for Greek desserts? What about Monastery of Avgo? Visit in a local farm? You won’t find all these in the books or in tripadvisor! Ermioni to Fournoi village through the gorge? Kounoupi beach? Scuba diving? Boat trip? Just ask and we’ll let you know, because all these are not the obvious touristy places but a lot more special. If not interested, just visit Epidavros ancient theater, Mycenae archaeological site, Nafplio town/fort, Hydra and Poros island, eat at some very nice tavervas, swim in many beautiful beaches and relax in our property.
* IF you are used to hotels, our property is simply better maintained (because it is a home), it is cheaper and about ... three times the size!
|Size:||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach:||Bisti - Pine Forest Peninsular, 800m|
|Will consider:||Long lets|
Nearest amenities: 500m
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Unsuitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||No pets allowed|
No smoking at this property
|Luxuries:||Internet access, DVD player, Sea view|
|General:||Central heating, Air conditioning, TV, Video player, Wi-fi available|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Cooker, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||2 Bedrooms, 1 family bathroom|
|Furniture:||Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seating for 4, Lounge seating for 4|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
|Outdoors:||Balcony / Terrace, Private garden, BBQ, Bicycles available|
Further details indoors:
* This FRESH, modern, non-smoking accommodation has a bright, spacious living room with large, comfortable sofa, armchair, TV, DVD, CD, dining table and chairs. Various games, books, magazines, CDs and DVDs.
* WE make sure that you will find a really spotless house by personally attending the full and detailed cleaning of the property. We like to consider our property as a shoe-free house. The idea is to make you feel at home.
* THE Tree-House is fully air-conditioned. It has one air conditioner in each bedroom and one in the open plan kitchen-living room. You will never fill the heat inside since the house is modernly built and insulated.
* ONE bedroom has a double traditional metal bed, two bed side tables with reading lamps, lots of fitted wardrobes and coat hangers. The other bedroom has twin bunk beds and lots of fitted wardrobes. Baby cot is available and can be included in one of the bedrooms. An additional bed can be included in the children's bedroom to accommodate families of five.
* THERE is a separate bathroom with sink, toilet, shower and bath as well as a second outdoor shower in the private garden.
* In our GOURMET kitchen you will find top-of-the-line cooking gear: stainless steel appliances, cutlery, toaster, roasting pan, different types of pots and pans, serving platters, casseroles, cutting board, pot holders, juicer, wine opener, kitchen towels.
* The house has a beautiful dining table (sitting 4-6 people), a very comfortable sitting room (modern wooden table, triple sofa and arm chair) and a modern bathroom. The big modern dining table can also be used for your work on your portable.
* The living room and dining area are spacious and airy with views to the sea and Hydra island from the balcony. On one side there is direct access to the balcony and on the side you have the veranda and courtyard/garden.
* All linen and towels are included. Don’t bring your beach towels with you. We provide them.
* THE high standard of modern furnishing makes this spotless holiday house ideal for families or couples. For the winter, double glazed windows and central heating make the stay very comfortable. In the sitting room there is a TV, video and DVD player but also you'll find: photo albums of the area, a photo calendar, analytical information about things to do and places to visit, maps, magazines, DVDs, notebooks, pens, pencils.
* ADDITIONALLY there is local olive oil, coffee, tea, sugar, herbs and some of the following in the refrigerator at your arrival: butter, jam, honey, fruits, bottle water, cake, soft drinks, and beer.
* IT'S a very clean holiday house which we manage ourselves (local Greek couple + our son). We love our property and we hope this will come over to our visitors, too.
Further details outdoors:
* THE house is based in the quietest area of the village and definitely the one with the best view and surroundings.
* ON the north side there is a balcony with a traditional wooden table and four comfortable arm chairs. The view is great with the village, the sea, the "Bisti" pine tree peninsula and Hydra island.
* DEPENDING on the time of the day, you can choose between the balcony (sea view) and the veranda with the beautiful traditional courtyard/garden on the south side of the house. The garden/courtyard is beautiful both during the day and the evening.
* This private garden is partly shaded (from the trees) making it ideal for sunbathing with the company of a book and a cold drink. In the garden there is a shower under the trees and a barbeque.
* JUST outside the house, there are also trees and lots of parking space.
* Payments can be made in Euros(€) or GBP (£) by bank transfers or PayPal.
* 25% deposit of total rental fee must be paid to confirm booking. Final payment must be made 8 weeks before arriving to the house.
* Included in the rental rate: welcome pack, water, electricity, air-conditioning or central heating, bedroom linen, bathroom / kitchen / beach towels.
* Refundable security/damage deposit of 250 Euros is required for all bookings.
* Check In at 17:00 and Check Out at 10:00. Flexible except on changeover days.
* Pets or any other animals are not allowed.
* Strictly no smoking.
* A Rental agreement will include all above conditions.
The Peloponnese region
PELOPONNESE is in the south of Greece and is one of the most historically important areas of the country. Ermioni village is located in Argolida which is a prefecture in the East Peloponnese. Argolida is a highly developed prefecture, blessed with natural beauty, glorious beaches, charming villages and very interesting archaeological discoveries.
* OUR property is the good base from where someone would visit many well known historical sites such as: Nafplio (1 h), the Ancient Theatre of Epidavros (45 min), the Mycenae Archeological site and Museum (1.5 h), Tirinth (1.5 h). Daily visits to the island of Hydra (20 min by hydrofoil), the beautiful island of Spetses (45 min) and the island of Poros (1 h) are considered very good excursions.
* THE REGION of Peloponnese has even more to offer if someone decides to drive further than to 2 hours. Places like Nemea, Mani, Olympia, Monemvasia, Diros Cave, Mystras (one of the best preserved Byzantine fortress) and many more, are worth visiting if you have the time to travel.
* PELOPONNESE CUISINE: Our cuisine is a delicious mix of fresh fish, meat and vegetables cooked with large amounts of lemon, onions, garlic, herbs and ... olive oil. Should you decide to stay with us, fresh seafood is a must. We prefer ... vegetarian kind of food … like stuffed tomatoes, peppers and marrow. Depending on your time of visit we can provide vegetables, mandarins, oranges, olive oil, pomegranates, etc from our own farm.
The Ermioni area
ERMIONI is the closest to Athens holiday area that has so much to offer (2 hours by car or high speed boat). The village of Ermioni is a beautiful traditional village that sits on a peninsula opposite the island of Hydra. Surrounded by sea, Ermioni is a nice and lively town with some good and beautifully located restaurants near the seaside. It has a nice unspoiled forest area where one can stroll around. The area is surrounded by 100 km of coastline, including numerous private beaches where the sea is very calm and safe.
* THE village is beautiful during the summer and the winter with very good climate all year round. During the summer (from June until the beginning of September), average temperatures remain over 30°C, which makes that coastal properties in Ermioni very popular during summer. The rest of the year in Ermioni remains pretty warm, with the winter months still averaging over 10°C.
* IN the village there are many traditional houses to see and there are some spots which are excellent to take great photographs. There is a folkloric museum, 5 churches, a beautiful monastery, a few bakers, 2 banks, post office, 2 pharmacies, cafes, bars, 2 supermarkets, tavernas with lots of octopus, Greek Ouzo, wine and fresh fish from the local fishermen.
* OUR house is an ideal destination for those who want to experience a traditional Greek holiday in a family friendly environment. Walking in places like: the gorge of Katafyki or the pine covered BISTI peninsular (ideal for rock bathing) or the old town or the top of the Ermioni hill by the St. Ermioni church, is a great way to relax.
* MANDRAKIA is the second port of the village in the south side of Ermioni and is the liveliest area of the village in the evening. There are many tavernas, bars and cafeterias by the sea and we shall point out for you the best places to eat and drink.
* ERMIONI is producing many local products such as the well-known olive oil and pomegranates. Don’t miss the Thursday market in the main port of Ermioni. There is a new football ground in Ermioni and at least 4-5 tennis courts around the area of Ermioni. For those looking for water sports (fun games, wind surfing, sailing, water skiing, scuba diving, etc), there are at least 2-3 places in close proximity offering such facilities.
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
It takes about 2 1/2 hours by any means of transfer you choose. We shall provide you with detailed driving instructions should you decide to visit us. Here are some basic instructions for you.
(1) TO ERMIONI BY CAR (it is preferred)
Car hire is available from Athens airport (assuming arrival by plane). Driving time from the airport to Ermioni is approximately 2.5 hours. The first part is on the new motorway. The second part is through the mountains and pine tree forests. On the way to Ermioni you'll meet the Corinth Canal (about half way) and the historical site of Epidavros.
The are two road toll charges on the motorway, the first is just after you leave the airport and the second is just after you leave Athens behind. Petrol costs are about 35 euros (one way).
The alternative route is for visitors who arrive to Patras port. Driving time is again about 2 1/2 hours. Full driving instructions are available (with maps, satellite maps and road details) after you book your stay.
(2) TO ERMIONI BY HYDROFOIL
From Piraeus Port the hydrofoils (high speed boats) to Ermioni would take approximately 2 hours depending on the stops (Poros and Hydra islands).
The cost of the hydrofoil (one way) is about 30 euros. For more information and timetables visit www.hellenicseaways.gr.
If you will be using a GPS (SatNAv) please let us know and we can provide a set of useful coordinates for places to visit and are possibly difficult to find.
Activities near Ermioni
Tennis in town
Rural / countryside retreats
Beach or lakeside relaxation
A winter sun break
26 Aug 2012
We spent a week here at the end of July, and would thoroughly recommend it, either as a base for touring the local sights - Epidavros, Nafplio, Spetse etc - or for simply having a relaxing break visiting some of the local beaches.
We loved sitting out on the balcony for breakfast and our evening meal. When it got too hot, we could always escape inside and enjoy the air conditioning. Ermioni offers everything you need in terms of supermarkets, restaurants and local walks and is good for bathing off the rocks. For beaches, you need to go a little further afield, but with the help of Nikos' directions and maps, it is not hard to find a quiet cove, with crystal clear waters and very few people around.
We visited the Corinth Canal and Epidavros on our way down to Ermioni (both definitely worth a stop) and took in some of the more local attractions during the week we were there - Spetse and Poros are easy to reach via a short drive and ferry ride, and some local caves, (that we never would have spotted without Nikos' directions), were fascinating. When we needed a doctor one day, it was good to have Yota on hand - and Nikos at the end of a phone line - to advise, and direct us to the local medical centre. We were also very grateful for Nikos' advice on the best places to visit on our way home, when we spent 3 days driving down to Monemvasia and coming back up through Sparta/Mitras, Mycenae and Nafplio - all with an amazing history and absolutely stunning views - if you have the energy to climb all the steps in the heat!
We would love to go back one day and see more.
14 Dec 2011
The Tree House conducted by the owner Nikos and his wife Yota is really "something to write home about". we are family with 2 kids (6 & 8 y/o) came first time to the Tree House 4 years ago and since than we come every summer again and again. the house is well equiped with all it is needed for the vacation,rooms are comfortable and well maintained. the location is perfect , on top of the hill where all the village is seen from above.small and pleasent garden from one side and wide great balcony with view to the see from the other side gives you real tranquility. the owners Nikos & Yota sre warm and friendly couple that would do their best to help and give you good advices and recomondations. not to speak about Yota coocking with her Greece specialite.
We found the house ideal for families. Nice beaches with 10-20 minutes driving and the the village of Ermioni is nice and quiet place to stroll around. Also good location to drive to Nafplion (1 hour) and to take the Hydrofill to Hydra or evening visit to the islands around of Spetes.
the fact that we plan to come for the fifth time this summer speaks for itself!!!
21 Jul 2011
We stayed at the wonderful Tree House for 3 weeks in the fall of 2010 for our 35th wedding anniversary trip to Greece. Ermioni is the perfect hideaway with plenty of history and ancient sites to... more
|Rental prices originally quoted in: British £||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 5|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|Mid Season 2012||1 Oct 12||23 Dec 12||£ 350||-||-||1 Week|
|Xmas 2012||23 Dec 12||8 Jan 13||£ 450||-||-||1 Week|
|MidSeason 2013||8 Jan 13||23 Mar 13||£ 350||-||-||1 Week|
|Spring 2013||23 Mar 13||1 Jun 13||£ 400||-||-||1 Week|
|Early Summer 2013||1 Jun 13||13 Jul 13||£ 500||-||-||1 Week|
|Summer 2013||13 Jul 13||1 Sep 13||£ 590||-||-||1 Week|
|Autumn 2012||1 Sep 13||1 Oct 13||£ 450||-||-||1 Week|
The property's weekend rates apply to: Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
Payments can also be made in GBP (£) by bank transfers which will save the bank transfer costs to all UK visitors.
* PAYPAL on line payments are also accepted to avoid bank transfer costs.
* During off season periods Oct-Dec and Jan-March there is special pricing for long term lets (1 month +). Please email for details.
* Wireless Internet broadband connection @ 25 Euros/week.
* Cleaning costs of 30 Euros are payable for short stays (less than 2 weeks).
* Personal laundry is available at 7 € per load.
* Finally, let us arrange for a traditional Greek meal to be waiting for you (just request in advance if you are interested and we shall provide details of arrangement/cost/booking).Enquire now
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Contact the owner
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
5 years listed
You are contacting
The owner is based in Greece and has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2007. This house has received 5 reviews from previous guests.
Verified property owner
This owner has been verified by our team
Payment for this home can be made directly to the owner.
Selected other homes from this advertiser
The PineTree in Ermioni, Greece
The Sea Urchin in Ermioni, Greece
Home in Ermioni in Ermioni, Greece