About the home
Charming cottage near Cortona, set in large gardens and olive grove with views of the surrounding hills. A/C and Wi-Fi throughout. Very comfortable and really fully equipped. Mint condition. Lovely Garden setting with dining patio ovelooking really beautiful gardens. Stunning countryside. The perfect base to explore Tuscany and nearby Umbria.
• Visit Florence, Siena, Chianti, and the hill and wine towns of Tuscany. Discover Assisi and Perugia in Umbria: 1 hour's drive. Itineraries provided.
• FREE COMMUNICATIONS PACKAGE: GPS (Sat-Nav), Italian mobile/cell phone, laptop computer, unlimited Wi-Fi internet: free of charge (book on reservation).
• Rental rates are all-inclusive: all utilities, A/C, Wi-Fi, linen, final cleaning, taxes. NO hidden charges.
• Swimming pools and thermal spas nearby.
• Excellent good value local restaurants.
• Short walk to the village.
• Completely private house sharing very large grounds with an old and very beautiful ex-farmhouse. Ideal for groups of up to 4 adults (families of up to 5).
• 2 large very comfortable bedrooms (one with four-poster bed) with en-suite bathrooms.
• Large living room; open wood-burning fireplace; Dining room; Kitchen. Panoramic dining patio.
• The house is totally self-contained and private; not overlooked. Beamed ceilings, terracotta floors, and marble bathrooms.
• Excepionally well furnished; fully equipped. Great views from each room.
• Wi-Fi in all rooms and on patio.
• A/C in all rooms.
• 2 TVs; DVD; CD.
• Parking in grounds.
• Maid service or experienced baby-sitter possible.
• Staff on property to assist.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Will consider:||Long lets|
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Suitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||No pets allowed|
No smoking at this property
|Luxuries:||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player, Staffed Property|
|General:||Central heating, Air conditioning, TV, Video player, CD player, Telephone, Safe, Satellite TV, Wi-fi available|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||2 Bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 2 en suites|
|Furniture:||Sofabeds (1), Single beds (2), Double beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seating for 6, Lounge seating for 6|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
|Outdoors:||Balcony / Terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
Further details indoors:
• FREE COMMUNICATIONS PACKAGE: GPS (SAT-NAV), Italian mobile/cell phone, laptop computer, unlimited Wi-Fi internet: totally free of charge (book on reservation).
• FREE: Baby cot/crib and high chair.
Restricted mobility: there are 3 steps up to the house; otherwise it is level. The bathrooms are not equipped for restricted mobility. Each bedroom has its own shower.
The Tuscany / Arezzo Province region
Tuscany has everything: beautiful counryside with olives and cypresses, sunshine, wonderful food and wine, and countless local festivals.
Because of its strategic location, the house is the perfect base to explore Southern Tuscany and nearby Umbria. Visit Siena (26 miles), Florence (50 miles), Perugia and Assisi (40 miles), and Arezzo (12 miles). Rome (112 miles) is 90 minutes away by train; 2 hours by car. Nearby are the medieval hill towns of Southern Tuscany and Umbria, including the famous wine-producing hill-towns of Montepulciano and Montalcino.
See the exaordinary landscape in the Val d’Orcia. Visit Pienza, an entire town built for a Pope, and listen to Gregorian Chant at the monastery of Monte Oliveto Maggiore. Lake Trasimeno is nearby. Explore the Chianti region and San Gimignano. And much more.
The Cortona area
Cortona was made famous by the film and book Under the Tuscan Sun. It is a lively town with excellent good value restaurants. There is a special occasion nearly every week, including the Tuscan Sun festival in end July/early August and many musical and artistic events all year.
Local Festivals are dedicated to mushrooms, truffles, olive oil, chestnuts, pizza, duck, beefsteak, lumberjack competitions, jousting on horseback, processions in medieval costume.
There is an open-air market in the area every day including Monday in Foiano, Thursday in Camucia (beside Cortona), Friday in Castiglion Fiorentino and Saturday in Cortona.
Special trips: Dive across enchanting countryside to Villa La Foce and its world-famous garden created by an Anglo-American lady who was also a war hero. On your way back, treat yourself to the famous thermal spa in Bagno Vignoni, or stop off for a drink at Montichiello, a tiny and pretty hill village
See the monasteries where the English Patient film was made: Sant'Antimo and Sant’Anna in Camprena. We provide a scenic itinerary!
Or just relax in your garden, have a BBQ, cool down in a nearby pool ....
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
• Driving: we provide detailed driving directions if coming fom A1 motorway (Rome-Florence).
• Car-hire: All major car-rental companies are in Arezzo (20 mins. away). Two reliable car-rental companies operate near Cortona and will meet you at the train station (we can book for you).
• Flights: Flights to Florence (1 hour), Perugia (50 mins), (Rome (2 hours), Pisa (2 hours).
• Budget flights to Perugia (Ryanair from London Stansed), to Pisa and Rome.
• Fly to Florence - we are just 1 hour from the airport. Flights from London Gatwick (Meridiana) and London City (Air France).
Please ask us for further information.
Activities near Cortona
Tennis in town
Golf within 30 mins drive
Rural / countryside retreats
A winter sun break
21 Apr 2013
Staying at La Colonica was the best decision that we made in the three weeks of traveling that we did in Tuscany and Umbria. The cottage that David and Casare rent was perfect for us: great bed,... more
06 Jan 2013
Surrounded by beautiful countryside, this house offers understated elegance in a Tuscan style, providing a spacious and stylish retreat for a peaceful holiday. Meticulous attention to detail, ranging... more
30 Aug 2012
La Colonica is a wonderful unique place. From the moment they opened the big gates, this year's holiday became pure magic. We were overcome with the setting - the beautiful cottage is surrounded by wonderful gardens, and was bathed in sunlight when we arrived. Inside the house, everything was cool. We chose a large bedroom with a huge four poster bed, and en suite bathroom. From the bedroom we looked out on gardens, olive grove and Cortona! We had breakfast on the patio, and afterwards went sightseeing or stayed home sunbathing and reading. There is a lot to see - Cortona, Siena, Assisi, the Tuscan hill towns, the Val d'Orcia and best of all, the Abbey of Mount Oliveto. A once in a lifetime experience. Total peace and quiet. The villa is amazing. It is so beautifully decorated and there is everything one can need - even reusable shopping bags! It is magnificently well-maintained and kept sparkling by a wonderful lady who brings flowers and fruit from the garden. Grazie Signora! There are shaded swings in the gardens and olive grove for reading, day-dreaming.... There is incredibly good Wi-Fi (even in the garden!). La Colonica has no swimming pool so most days we went to a lovely quiet pool a few minutes away.We had barbecues, we cooked pasta, we bought wonderful fruit, vegetables and breads at the local markets and got wine from the local vineyard. We sat in the garden in the evenings with a drink listening to music and wondered what made the Tuscan light so special! I have never been so relaxed in my life, nor has my husband.This place is so unique, the gentle owner who lives on another house on the estate and never intrudes, the friendly staff, and the wonderful dogs, Flint and Rocco. We are going back!
|Rental prices originally quoted in: Euros €||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 4|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|26 Oct 13||4 Jan 14||€ 704||-||-||1 Week|
|4 Jan 14||12 Apr 14||€ 704||-||-||1 Week|
|12 Apr 14||10 May 14||€ 767||-||-||1 Week|
|10 May 14||5 Jul 14||€ 840||-||-||1 Week|
|5 Jul 14||23 Aug 14||€ 945||-||-||1 Week|
|23 Aug 14||27 Sep 14||€ 840||-||-||1 Week|
|27 Sep 14||1 Nov 14||€ 767||-||-||1 Week|
|1 Nov 14||20 Dec 14||€ 704||-||-||1 Week|
The property does not have weekend tariffs.
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
• Rental rate is all-inclusive: includes gas, electricity, Air-conditioning, central heating, unlimited Wi-Fi Internet, bed and bath linen, logs for open fireplace and final cleaning. NO extra hidden charges.
• FREE COMMUNICATIONS PACKAGE: GPS (Sat-Nav), Italian mobile/cell phone, laptop computer, unlimited Wi-Fi internet: totally free of charge (book on reservation).
• FREE Baby crib/cot and high chair: no charge.
• Discounts for stays of 2 weeks or more or for occupancy by 2 persons depending on the season.
• Maid service or experienced babysitter (optional: daily or as required). Extra.
• Weeks including Easter Sunday: 70 Euro extra per week.Enquire now
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Contact the owner
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
1 year listed
You are contacting
The owner is based in Italy and has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2011. This house has received 16 reviews from previous guests.
Verified property owner
This owner has been verified by our team
Payment for this home can be made directly to the owner.
Selected other homes from this advertiser
La Pergola in Florence, Italy