House | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 4
Charming cottage near Cortona, set in large gardens and olive grove with views of the surrounding hills. A/C and Wi-Fi throughout. Very comfortable and really fully equipped. Mint condition. Lovely Garden setting with dining patio ovelooking really beautiful gardens. Stunning countryside. The perfect base to explore Tuscany and nearby Umbria.
• Visit Florence, Siena, Chianti, and the hill and wine towns of Tuscany. Discover Assisi and Perugia in Umbria: 1 hour's drive. Itineraries provided.
• FREE COMMUNICATIONS PACKAGE: GPS (Sat-Nav), Italian mobile/cell phone, laptop computer, unlimited Wi-Fi internet: free of charge (book on reservation).
• Rental rates are all-inclusive: all utilities, A/C, Wi-Fi, linen, final cleaning, taxes. NO hidden charges.
• Swimming pools and thermal spas nearby.
• Excellent good value local restaurants.
• Short walk to the village.
• Completely private house sharing very large grounds with an old and very beautiful ex-farmhouse. Ideal for groups of up to 4 adults (families of up to 5).
• 2 large very comfortable bedrooms (one with four-poster bed) with en-suite bathrooms.
• Large living room; open wood-burning fireplace; Dining room; Kitchen. Panoramic dining patio.
• The house is totally self-contained and private; not overlooked. Beamed ceilings, terracotta floors, and marble bathrooms.
• Excepionally well furnished; fully equipped. Great views from each room.
• Wi-Fi in all rooms and on patio.
• A/C in all rooms.
• 2 TVs; DVD; CD.
• Parking in grounds.
• Maid service or experienced baby-sitter possible.
• Staff on property to assist.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Rome, Florence, Perugia, Pisa, Nearest railway: Arezzzo|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player, Staffed property|
|General||Central heating, Air conditioning, TV, Video player, CD player, Telephone, Safe, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 2 En suites|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Single beds (2), Double beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
|Further details indoors||
• FREE COMMUNICATIONS PACKAGE: GPS (SAT-NAV), Italian mobile/cell phone, laptop computer, unlimited Wi-Fi internet: totally free of charge (book on reservation).
• FREE: Baby cot/crib and high chair.
The Tuscany region
Tuscany has everything: beautiful counryside with olives and cypresses, sunshine, wonderful food and wine, and countless local festivals.
Because of its strategic location, the house is the perfect base to explore Southern Tuscany and nearby Umbria. Visit Siena (26 miles), Florence (50 miles), Perugia and Assisi (40 miles), and Arezzo (12 miles). Rome (112 miles) is 90 minutes away by train; 2 hours by car. Nearby are the medieval hill towns of Southern Tuscany and Umbria, including the famous wine-producing hill-towns of Montepulciano and Montalcino.
See the exaordinary landscape in the Val d’Orcia. Visit Pienza, an entire town built for a Pope, and listen to Gregorian Chant at the monastery of Monte Oliveto Maggiore. Lake Trasimeno is nearby. Explore the Chianti region and San Gimignano. And much more.
Cortona was made famous by the film and book Under the Tuscan Sun. It is a lively town with excellent good value restaurants. There is a special occasion nearly every week, including the Tuscan Sun festival in end July/early August and many musical and artistic events all year.
Local Festivals are dedicated to mushrooms, truffles, olive oil, chestnuts, pizza, duck, beefsteak, lumberjack competitions, jousting on horseback, processions in medieval costume.
There is an open-air market in the area every day including Monday in Foiano, Thursday in Camucia (beside Cortona), Friday in Castiglion Fiorentino and Saturday in Cortona.
Special trips: Dive across enchanting countryside to Villa La Foce and its world-famous garden created by an Anglo-American lady who was also a war hero. On your way back, treat yourself to the famous thermal spa in Bagno Vignoni, or stop off for a drink at Montichiello, a tiny and pretty hill village
See the monasteries where the English Patient film was made: Sant'Antimo and Sant’Anna in Camprena. We provide a scenic itinerary!
Or just relax in your garden, have a BBQ, cool down in a nearby pool ....