Apartment | 1 bedrooms | sleeps 4
Holiday apartment on the ground floor of owner's house. French windows lead onto a patio with lovely views of the hilltop village of Lucignano, 2 minutes drive away. The living/dining room has a fireplace and an open, modern, kitchen. The bathroom has a bidet & shower and an airy double bedroom a large chest of drawers and wardrobe. A cool apartment in summer and centrally heated in winter with the added attraction of a fireplace. You'll enjoy staying here at all times of the year! The owners live upstairs and only too willing to give advice and tips on local customs, visits and activities...
The pictoresque walled village of Lucignano has a weekly market where the main street bustles with various stalls. The cafés just outside the main gate are a perfect stop for a cappucino after wandering through the medieval village or taking in the relaxed atmosphere whilst having an aperativo before going to one of the local restaurants in or around the village. Local food is excellent and prices extremely reasonable. Two small supermarkets are located in the village alongside other small shops & two large supermarkets are within 5 minutes drive. A big swimming pool complex is 5 minutes drive away & the area is surrounded by quaint villages perched on hilltops. Local fiestas, summer feasts & pageants take place all year round. A wealth of local specialities include porcini (suckling pig), world famous beef, cheese, truffles, olive oil, wine, ice-creams.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 1 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Grosseto 120 km|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Nearest Amenities||2 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Florence 110 km, Nearest railway: Monte San Savino 10 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||Central heating, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Cooker, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||1 bedroom, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Double beds (1), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, Shared garden|
|Further details indoors|
- A small country cottage built in pure Tuscan rustic style, with rocks and bricks dated 1200.The apartment is very intimate and lovely, all furnished with new wooden furniture. Cool in summer and warm and cosy in winter.
- Reception area with kitchen, living room with fireplace (wood included in price) and ample dining space
- The double bedroom is beautiful and welcoming, with a big wardrobe for clothes and the linen
- The kitchen is very new and beautiful, made with cherry-tree wood with all new necessary utensils.
-Washing room area with washing machine and iron
|Further details outdoors|
- Plenty of space outside to dry your clothes and lovely table with 6 seats, ideal to enjoy day and night due to the tranquility since it is far away from road and train rails.
-The bathroom has got a beautiful big shower with handless suply of hot pressure water
- Towels, sheets and linen not available.
- Ample parking space outside
- External patio with view to the beautiful Tuscan hills
- Final cleaning is included in the price and cook and cleaner available on request (living nearby)
- 300 Euros weekly for 2 guests, 350 Euros weekly for 3 guests, 400 Euros weekly for 4 guests, from 1st January
to 31st December:
- sheets and towels not included.
- one bottle of red Chianti wine per day included.
- one bottle of grappa and one bottle of "limoncello" (lemon liquor) (made by owner) included.
- Washing machine facilities are available.
The Tuscany region
THe rolling green tuscan hills with breathtaking panoramas alternating large vineyards, olive tree groves and winding cypress tree lined roads leading up to monasteries, farms or pictoresque villages will enchant you!
The immediate area counts 5 hilltop villages and Lucignano is ideally located 7 mins. from the A1 autoroute leading north to the medieval pageant town of Arezzo (20 kms) where there is an Antique fair the 3rd weekend of every month and further to FLorence (100 kms). Florence can also be reached by fast trains from Arezzo (40 minutes). Sienna is a quick 40 minutes drive Northwest by Autoroute (or take the local coach from nearby Monte San Savino). Southwards via the famous hill crest road you can taste the pleisures of Montalcino, Montepulciano (famous wine villages) and Pienza (an old rennaissance Papal town renowned for it's local goat's cheese). The charming town of Cortona (25 minutes by car), spills down the hill and attracts artists from around the world and you'll enjoy visiting the various chapels, churches and small museums or just sitting in one of the piazzas taking in local life. A few kilometres away from Cortona is the Trasimeno lake where a leisurely boat trip will take you around the islands and resort villages by the lake.
Fast speed trains from Arezzo will take you to FLorence or Rome in 1 hour.
There is always lots to do locally around Lucignano without going afar to the popular tourist centres and you will be enchated by Tuscan hospitality, history and gastronomy. Throughout the year the countryside is spectacular - if you want to avoid the crowds come along in Spring or late summer (temperatures cool down from mid-October) or come and enjoy the local fiestas, outdoor festivals and sunflowers in July & August.