Nisala Villa, Kandy
from £114 /night help Price for guests, Nights
from £114 /night help Price for guests, Nights
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Excludes fees (if applicable). Enter your dates to see the total cost.
Villa / 3 bedrooms / sleeps 6 Home 4937921
Availability Your dates are available
Villa / 3 bedrooms / sleeps 6
Nisala Villa is a contemporary, countryside free-standing home to rest and relax on your road-trip of Sri Lanka, and a convenient base to explore Kandy and surrounding regions. Intended as a holiday home for a family living in Australia with roots in Sri Lanka, it is inspired by a fusion of cultures and lifestyles.
The villa can be booked by one group at a time. Whether with family or friends, enjoy a holiday in your own contemporary 'hill-country' home.
Located along the village high road in the countryside of Kandy, a UNESCO World Heritage city, the villa aims to respond to the rich architectural and cultural heritage, tropical mountain landscape and climate. The design also subtly references through material and formal abstraction the ancient rock fortress of Sigiriya, a UNESCO World Heritage site located nearby.
The villa employs socially, economically and environmentally sustainable approaches through design, construction, and operations. Guests can participate in traditional village life, over time restoring the environment, reviving activities and supporting economic and personal development.
We recommend travelling to Nisala Villa in your own vehicle. Hapugoda Village is located approximately 8 kilometres from the historical Kandy City Town Centre. The villa is the ideal base to explore the hill country and surrounding regions such as Sigiriya, Tea Plantations, Victoria Golf Course, Kandy Town, Hunas Falls, and Knuckles Mountain Range on day trips.
Amenities and Inclusions:
- Complementary Wi-Fi internet.
- Complimentary breakfast (With traditional Sri Lankan and milder continental options).
- Cleaning of the entire villa daily. New bed sheets, towels, and other essential items will be provided/arranged for your comfort every alternate (3rd, 5th) day. The villa manager can be contacted for any additional service if required.
- Air conditioning to bedrooms.
- Bedrooms include a queen-size bed, study table, built-in unit with lockable-cupboards, drawers and dressing table.
- Please note that the villa can only accommodate a maximum of 6 guests. Children need to use existing bedding, and are counted as a guest.
- Garden terraces for the bedrooms.
- 3 bathrooms including a suite bathroom, a family bathroom, and a powder room (no shower).
- Solar hot water to showers.
- Soap/shampoo, bath & face towels, iron/iron board, and hair dryer.
- A fully equipped kitchen is for making snacks/light meals only. Lunches (Including packed lunches for the road) and dinners are available on request, and we can cater for vegetarians. Please note that meals are US$15/person/meal, 24hr pre-booking is required for meals/drinks, and we are unable to cater strictly to Halal and Kosher requirements.
- Filtered drinking water.
- Living & dining areas.
- Cable TV channels with a 42” LED TV and Blu-ray/DVD player in the living room only (Not in the rooms).
- Front entertainment terrace with outdoor dining, seating and plunge pool.
- An office/study room.
- Vehicle parking (Property and street).
- Well maintained, landscaped, and illuminated garden terraces/external areas.
- Two village supply shops (5 minutes walk) stock essential supplies, village fruit and vegetable produce, and home-cooked Sri Lankan foods.
- On Matale Road, the township of Ambatenna (15 minutes walk, 2 minutes drive) has many local shops and all necessities (banks, supermarkets, etc) can be found at Akurana and Katugastota (5 minutes drive).
- Rates include 10% service charge.
- Nisala Villa can only accommodate a maximum of 6 people, including children.
- Villa will be allocated only to a one group of guests at a time but the number of rooms allocated/opened depends on the package booked, as follows:
1) Up to 6 people: 3 bedrooms will be allocated.
2) Up to 4 people: 2 bedrooms will be allocated.
3) Up to 2 people: 1 bedroom will be allocated.
- Any additional guests will incur a charge of US$27.50/head/day (10% service charge and breakfast included).
- More than six people will not be allowed to stay under any circumstances.
- Additional bedrooms can be booked at a pro-rata rate of the above but subject to a maximum of six people.
- Every bedroom has 1 large queen size bed. The maximum number of people per room is 2.
- Children need to use existing bedding, and are counted as a guest.
- Rates are in US Dollars (US$) per night,
- Please note that drivers/guides accommodation cannot be provided in the villa, however we recommend a place providing rooms with attached bathrooms within 1 km of the villa that can be booked at a reasonable cost (Approx. SLRs 1200/night). The driver/guide may also choose from one of many nearby places at their own preference and we find this is what they tend to prefer.
- A security deposit (US$300) will be collected from the guests at check-in, refundable at check-out.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites, Solarium or roof terrace|
|Check in time:||14:00|
|Check out time:||12:00|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Bandaranaike Airport 110 km, Nearest railway: Kandy 9 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player, Staffed property|
|Pool||Private outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General||Air conditioning, TV, CD player, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer|
|Furniture||Super King Beds (3), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 7|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Private outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony or terrace, Private garden|
|Access||Secure parking, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
Build your perfect trip, with Holiday Lettings & TripAdvisor
Real opinions, real reviews
Genuine guest feedback from 100,000+ reviews
Quick response times
Know where you're staying within 24 hours
Safe, simple, secure
When you pay online with PayPal or by credit/debit card
Book with confidence
Pay online to be covered by Payment Protection
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.
You're booking with
83% Response rate
Calendar updated:24 Jan 2016
Based in Sri Lanka