from £62 /night help
House | 1 bedrooms | sleeps 2
Approved and licensed by the Malta Tourism Authority. A fantastic self catering one double bedroom duplex maisonette with own entrance which is luxuriously finished and fully furnished to high standards. This maisonette is located less than 1 minute walk from the Upper Barakka Gardens and 5 minutes walk to the best retail shops in the Island. This property is fully equipped with all necessary amenities and modern day luxuries.
Wide spacious hall on the lower floor leading to a modern bathroom with shower.
On the upper level one can find an open plan kitchen/living dining and a modern bedroom with a double bed and an extra folding bed. In all sleeps three. A cosy living area with a leather sofa and a flat screen TV. On the upper level all rooms have a Maltese wooden balcony over looking one of the most popular street in Valletta i.e St Paul's Street.
Lovely mixture of traditional Maltese townhouse with modern features. Must be seen.
|Size||Sleeps up to 2, 1 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||1 km|
|Will consider||Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: 5.0 mi|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||Air conditioning, TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||1 bedroom, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||Double beds (1), Dining seats for 3|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace|
The Island of Malta region
Situated in the centre of the Capital City of Malta. Very near shops, restaurants and cafeteries.
Within walking distance from Upper Barrakka where one can enjoy the scenery of The Grand Harbour and the three cities.
1 minute walk from The ''Auberge de Castille'', the office of the Prime Minister and the Valletta open air market which is a small market that is open all year long and sells mostly clothes, accessories, souvenirs, religious icons, music cassettes, CDs, DVDs and videos. The market can be found in Merchant Street, in the heart of Valletta within walking distance.
Just further down the street where this maisonette is found one can find The Collegiate Parish Church of St Paul's Shipwreck, also known as simply the Church of St Paul's Shipwreck, is a Roman Catholic parish church in Valletta, Malta. It is one of Valletta's oldest churches.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
9 Oct 2014
"Great location, high quality maisonette"
Having stayed there for five nights in mid-September 2014, my wife and I can thoroughly recommend this maisonette:
1. It is in a great location on St. Paul's Street, just a block from the Prime Minister's office in the Auberge de Castile. All of Valletta is within easy walking distance and while luggage could be delivered to the road outside there is no need for a car at all once there.
2. The building itself is charming, of traditional stone construction with Maltese balconies out onto the street. The interior has very recently been completely modernised to a high quality standard. The owner, Ramona, told us that it originally belonged to her grandmother and had been left to her. Ramona modernised and equipped it thinking she might live there herself and this shows in the attention she has shown to every detail.
3. The maisonette has its own entry door of the street, with a staircase leading to the first floor (with the bathroom and separate shower) and then on to a second floor with a good size kitchen/living area and off to the very spacious bedroom.
4. Valletta was hot and humid in mid-September and we very glad of the modern air conditioning units installed in all main areas with individual controls for each room.
5. The maisonette has been furnished very comfortably (good-size double bed, two-seater sofa and kitchen table/chairs) and the TV picked up local and a few international channels. The kitchen is very fully equipped with modern appliances, cutlery, crockery, pots, pans etc to a high standard.
6. There is a cafe opposite selling bread, milk and a range of sweet and savoury items. The area was quiet at night with no bars in the immediate vicinity to cause any noise. While there is a single-lane road outside it is really only used by locals as Valletta has little through traffic.
7. All services ran throughout our stay without any problem. There was a very good wi-fi signal. After previous guests had left the air conditioning on 24/7 and run up a large bill for her, Ramona sets a (generous) daily allowance for electricity (which we did not fully use) after which there is a small charge per unit.
Ramona was easy to deal with throughout the process of renting her maisonette and speaks excellent English. She was waiting for us at the door when we arrived and arrived punctually for our departure. We highly recommend this maisonette as an alternative to Valletta's (relatively few) hotels.
Dear Tim, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review of my property and my self.You have left me speechless.I really appreciate your contribution! and you are always welcome to return!
6 Oct 2014
My stay in this duplex was really good! It was spacious, clean, well situated, ... and the owner was so kind!!
Thank you for your lovely review of my property.I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay in Maisonette 336 and really appreciate your positive comments!
You're booking with
85% Response rate
Calendar last updated:21 Jan 2015
Based in Malta
- Visit site
- 229 properties
- Saint Julian's
- 160 properties
- 84 properties
- 84 properties
- 35 properties
- 33 properties
- 26 properties
- Il Gzira
- 24 properties
- 21 properties
- 18 properties
- 15 properties
- 14 properties
- 11 properties
- 10 properties
- 9 properties
- 8 properties
- 8 properties
- Cospicua (Bormla)
- 7 properties
- 7 properties
- 6 properties