Appartamento Alexia - La Vigna
from £133 /night help Price for guests, Nights
from £133 /night help Price for guests, Nights
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Excludes fees (if applicable). Enter your dates to see the total cost.
Apartment / 3 bedrooms / sleeps 7
Availability Your dates are available
Apartment / 3 bedrooms / sleeps 7
La Vigna is a new residence on the ancient greenway path, positioned perfect on the gentle slopes of Sala Comacina to command a fine view of the village below and across the lake to the island. It is a top split level apartment with spectacular views from the open plan double height living space. The outside terrace is designed to maximise on those unique lake views allowing you to enjoy long hours of sunshine, with the added benefit of a motorised canopy that creates shade when required. At night the terrace transforms into a large outside dining room to while away those balmy summer evenings for a spot of al fresco dining. With a large sun terrace over looking the lake and only a short stroll from the lakeside you can enjoy a refreshing dip in the lake and while away the rest of the day catching the sun on your private terrace.
On entering, the apartment a large living space opens up to reveal the panoramic french doors leading to the terrace. The living space is split between an open large corner, kitchen and diner. to the back of the property are two bedrooms and a bathroom, with the third bedroom and second bathroom located on the mezzanine level. the three bedrooms are comprised of two matrimonial doubles sleeping 4 and one triple room for children or singles sleeping 3. The two bathrooms are both full bathrooms with bath and shower.
All furnishings complement the modern architecture and add to the clean uncluttered feel. All the modern comforts you would expect have been provided for and the emphasis here is to just sit back and enjoy those lake views.
- Internet - WIFI
- Flat screen TV and DVD
- English Satellite TV
- Ipod docking station
- Film Library
- Feather down duvets or hypoallergenic pillows
- Garage parking with lift access
- Air conditioning
- Families and Friends
- Photo shoots
|Size||Sleeps up to 7, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||the Lake is 5 minutes walk down the road|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, House swap, Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Milan Malpensa / Linate / Lugano Agno / Bergamo Or, Nearest railway: Como San Giovanni / Como Nord Lago / Lecco / Varen|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, Yes, smoking allowed|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, Air conditioning, TV, Safe, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites|
|Furniture||Double beds (2), Single beds (3), Dining seats for 8, Lounge seats for 8|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, BBQ|
|Access||Parking, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
The Lake Como region
Lake Como is a lake of glacial origin in Lombardy, Italy. It has an area of 146 square kilometres, making it the third largest lake in Italy, after Lake Garda and Lake Maggiore.
Lake Como has been a popular retreat for aristocrats and wealthy people since Roman times, and a very popular tourist attraction with may artistic and cultural gems. It has may villas and palaces (such as Vila Olmo, Villa Serbelloni and Villa Carlotta). Many famous people have or have had homes on the shores of Lake Como, such as Matthew Bellamy, Madonna, George Clooney, Gianni Versace, Ronaldinho, Sylvester Stallone, Julian Lennon, Richard Branson, Ben Spies and Pierina Legnani. Lake Como is widely regarded as one of the most beautiful lakes in Europe.
There are numerous pretty towns along the shores of the romantic lake Como. One of them being the beautiful Bellagio. Called the "Pearl of the Lake", Bellagio's world class hotels and restaurants provide the perfect place to soak up the lake's famous panorama. The village is characterised be century old buildings, stone lanes and picturesque cobbled stairways foiled with shops showcasing the finest italian wares.
Other things to do when in Lake Como:
- Spend the afternoon shopping in Como. The town has a great mix of designer boutiques and local shops offering great priced shoes, clothes and homewards.
- Enjoy a cable car ride. The cable car leavers from Argegno. Passengers go up 88metres in just 4 minutes. It's not foe the faint hearted but the views from the top are certainly a great reward for thise brave enough.
- Try out water sports. There are opportunities to enjoy different waterspouts on Lake Como including wind-surfing, kite-surfing, ailing and canoeing.
- Ride the ferry. Take the Lake Como ferry around the mid lake region making time for gelato, espresso, affogato or glass of prosecco in each of the four villages of Bellagio, Varenna, Menaggio and Cadenabbia.
- Discover the region's churches. In Bellagio it is possible to visit San Giacomo, a romantic building with a baroque altar and fifteen century paintings. In addition, you will find the ancient church of San Stefano in Lenno and finally Como's own cathedral with its lace-like stone exterior and interior of museum quality art os definitely worth a visit.
- Go for a hike in the nearby Alps. From the lake the Alp are clearly visible, creating a temptation for visitors to explore them. Find a local alpine guide to lead you through the foothills of the Swiss Alps.
- Dine at Sunset. With so many towns situated along the lake, you are sure to find the perfect place to watch the sun set over the Alps while feasting on a range of local cuisine.
- Explore the numerous famous gardens and villas. Some of these are Villa Carlotta, Villa la Collina and Villa Balbianello.
- Learn to fly a sea plane. The Lake Como flying school, Aero Club Como, is unique in Europe. Here you can learn to take off and land a plane on the water, take the first steps towards getting your pilot's license and fly solo.
Lake como is known for its spectacular scenery, history and culture. Sala Comacina is one of the most delightful small towns along its shore. The small medieval town with typical Italian architecture sits at the floor of Monte Costone in the Southern Alps, one of the most popular places on Lake Como for visitors. There are many fine villas scattered along the lakeside which were built as holiday homes for famous writers and wealthy families. The beach of Sala Comacina provides easy access to the lake for swimming in the summer months. Windsurfing, boating, water skiing and kayaking can also be enjoyed along the still waters of Lake Como.
Further into the town are quaint, narrow alleys; their shops, church and restaurants just waiting to be explored. The Romanesque style church of San Bartolomeo is an interesting place to spend some time. Built in the 15th Century, parts were rebuilt in the 17th and 18th centuries. look out for the lovely fresco by Carloni dating back over 200 years. There is an interesting Baroque altar made of wood and the church also has a fine collection of paintings from the Luinesca School which are well worth visiting.
The only island on Lake Como is Isola Comacina and it can only be reached by ferry or lake steamer from Sala Comacina. Once on the island, visit the 14th century Church of San Giovanni and the even older church of Sant Eufemia which dates back to the 11th Century.
Just a short distance further along the shores of the lake from Sala Comacina you will reach another lovely town, Menaggio. It has some pretty pastel coloured buildings, small turreted towers and has an internationally renowned golf club. Menaggio is a wonderful place for shopping and sampling a real italian gelato.
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
You're booking with
75% Response rate
Calendar last updated:29 Jun 2015
Based in Malta