About the home
Jasmine Villa is a new, well equipped, and suitably furnished 4-bedroom airconditioned property with its own private pool set in an excellent location with almost uninterrupted panoramic views of the sea and the breathtaking Besparmak mountain range. The villa is spacious and light and airy. It’s located in a small select development at the foot of the hill leading to Esentepe village, about 200m from the sea, and set in a spacious walled and gated garden containing a variety of Mediterranean plants. Ravines on either side ensure that the villa enjoys much privacy. The walls and railings around the property perimeter provide security for children.
The villa will sleep up to 8 adults and two babies/toddlers. It's both baby friendly and toddler friendly, being specifically equipped to cater for young children with a high level of baby/toddler equipment available to minimise what parents need to take on holiday. The villa would be equally attractive for adult-only visitors as the children's equipment is unobtrusive. Unlike so many other properties, all bedrooms at Jasmine Villa have blackout blinds/curtains to facilitate a good night’s sleep. The aircon units provide warm air on winter evenings if required.
There are excellent facilities nearby including good restaurants, supermarkets, bank, and a petrol station, with the Korineum Golf and Country Club being less than 5 minutes drive away. For keen anglers, the seashore is only 200 metres from the villa. There are some superb sandy beaches 9-12 minutes drive away.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 8, 4 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach:||Esentepe, 1km|
|Will consider:||Long lets|
Nearest amenities: 2km
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Suitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||No pets allowed|
No smoking at this property
|Luxuries:||DVD player, Sea view|
|Pool:||Private outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General:||Air conditioning, TV, CD player, Telephone, Safe, Satellite TV|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||4 Bedrooms, 3 bathrooms of which 1 family bathroom, 1 en suite and 1 shower room, Solarium / Roof terrace|
|Furniture:||Single beds (6), Double beds (1), Cots (2), Dining seating for 8, Lounge seating for 8|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
|Outdoors:||Private outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony / Terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
Further details indoors:
- Master bedroom (large) with king-sized double bed, built-in fitted wardrobe, drawer units, air-conditioning, safe, hairdryer, en-suite shower room, and sliding doors leading to terrace
- Bedroom with two single beds, built-in fitted wardrobe, drawer units, air-conditioning, and sliding doors leading to terrace
- Bathroom with shower over bath
- Landing with separate door leading to terrace
- Marble stairs with wrought-iron balustrades
- Bedroom (large) with two single beds, built-in fitted wardrobe, drawer units, hairdryer, and air-conditioning
- Bedroom with two single beds, built-in fitted wardrobe, drawer units, and air-conditioning
- Lounge/Living Area. Front door leading to open plan area with 3 seater and 2 seater sofas and coffee tables, air-conditioning, satellite TV and DVD player, built-in glass-fronted cupboard, and mirrors. Sliding doors leading to patio
- Kitchen. Fully fitted with Bosch appliances, and extendable oak dining table seating up 8 persons. Sliding doors leading to patio
- Hallway. Back door with Bosch washing machine and storage under stairs
ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT / INFORMATION
Choice of pillows in each bedroom - standard or memory foam.
Substantial cutlery, crockery & glassware available
First aid kit
13 amp UK electric sockets throughout
Blackout blinds/curtains in all bedrooms
Hand and bath towels provided (but not beach towels)
Mirrors in all rooms and bathrooms
Coathangers provided in each bedroom
iPod / iPhone speakers/charger
Power failure emergency lighting
Mobile phone for local calls
CHILDREN SPECIFIC EQUIPMENT / FACILITIES
The villa is particularly baby friendly and toddler friendly containing the following:
Travel cots (2)
Cot Mosquito nets (2)
Outdoor kids' chairs
Car seat (with ISO anchorages)
Stair gate blinds (at top & bottom of stairs)
Kids' bed rails
Window opening restrictors
Kids' toys, books & videos
Roman steps into shallow end of pool with grab-rail
Further details outdoors:
- Upstairs terrace. A substantial terraced area (700 sq.ft) with ratan style sofa and chairs, patio dining table and chairs, parasols, small gas BBQ, wrought iron railings, and terrace lighting
- Patio with sun loungers and chairs. Shaded pergola. Unbrellas.
- Pool. 8m x 4m overflow pool with submerged and perimeter lighting - entered by roman steps with grab-rail. Tiled area surrounding pool for sun bathing.
- Landscaped Gardens with Mediterranean plants and trees. Perimeter lighting. Micro-irrigation system. Stone walling with railings , gated, and ample secure parking for 3-4 cars
Experienced legally operating English local agents available if any problems are encountered during hire period.
Swimming pool cleaned and water tested twice a week.
FOR SUBSTANTIALLY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE VILLA INCLUDING MANY TESTIMONIALS, ADDITIONAL PHOTOS, VILLA LAYOUT, AND ADVICE, VISIT OUR OWN WEBSITE AT www.jasminevillacyprus.co.uk OR CLICK ON THE LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS ADVERT.
The feedback we obtain from hirers of the villa is obtained sytematically to enable us to continually improve the villa and hirers' total holiday experience.
1. Hire of the villa commences at 4.00pm on the first day and terminates at 11.00am on the final day of hire.
2. All hand and bath towels, face cloths, and bed linen are supplied. The villa is cleaned between changeovers. Extra linen/towels are supplied for 10-16 day lettings. However, if additional linen/towels are required these can be provided for an extra fee. A washing machine is available if you chose to do your own.
3. A cutomised welcome pack can be made available on your arrival at a price to be agreed. This typically could, for example, contain a 5ltr bottle of water, milk, butter, bread, cereals, cheese, eggs, tea, coffee, sugar, jam. An initial supply of toilet paper is provided.
4. No smoking is permitted in the villa itself but smokers may use the terrace, patio and pool areas provided no cigarette/cigar ends are left.
5. Water is heated by solar means and this is backed-up by an immersion heater (if necessary). The hire charge contains an allowance of 10% for electricity usage. For example, if the hire charge totalled £1150, hirers would be allowed electricity to the value of £115 before they would be liable for paying any excess amount. Meter readings would be taken at the start and finish of the letting period and the amount of electricity used calculated at the rate we are charged (currently 0.47TL). Any excess over and above the 10% allowance would be deducted from the returnable Security Bond. The allowance, however, should in most cases be adequate provided air-conditioning and the immersion heated are not used excessively - no hirer exceeded their allowance in 2011. This approach is taken as electricity in Northern Cyprus is relatively expensive and by controlling electricity usage, we can all help protect natural resources.
6. Pool areas are dangerous and may become slippery when wet. Neither the owners nor their agents can be held liable for activities or accidents in and around the pool. It is the total responsibility of hirers to ensure that children are adequately supervised in the villa, garden, terrace, patio, and pool areas at all times irrespective of the safety features we have installed. Climbing on or over walls is strictly forbidden on safety grounds. Hirers should ensure that they are adequately insured prior to the commencement of their stay at the villa.
7. Full terms and conditions can be seen on our website (see link at bottom of advert) and guidance instructions will be provided on confirmation of the booking.
The Kyrenia region
The Kyrenia region of Northern Cyprus is one of the most beautiful parts of the island and, indeed, the Mediterranean.
Kyrenia itself is not only an interesting town with much history but, in our opinion, contains one of the most beautiful harbours in the Mediterranean. To enjoy a midday drink or evening meal at one of the many bars or restaurants lining the harbour is an unforgettable experience. The town’s original 9th century Byzantine castle with later Luisignan and Venetian additions provides wonderful views of the pretty harbour. It also houses the Shipwreck Museum containing the remains of a 4th century BC ship and its cargo. Kyrenia also has many shops that are attractive to visitors.
The Besparmak mountain range provides a spectacular backcloth to the beaches and foothills. Many attractive villages nestle in these foothills such as Bellapais, Karaman and Esentepe. Bellapais contains a 14th century abbey which has spectacular views over land and sea and is set in a most peaceful location. The writer of "Bitter Lemons", Laurence Durrell, lived a short walk away in the village.
The Besparmak range contains three mountain castles, one of them – St Hilarion – said to be the inspiration for Walt Disney’s “Magic Kingdom” castle. The pine forests across the range provide walking trails throughout the year and shaded picnic areas in the summer months.
The region also enjoys some superb sandy beaches with excellent facilities, especially to the east of Kyrenia, with safe shallow bathing in warm waters. Some of these beaches (e.g. Alagadi) are the breeding grounds of the green and loggerhead sea turtles. The sea around the coastline also provides some excellent scuba diving opportunities
Nightlife centres largely around the bars and restaurants in Kyrenia harbour and hotels to the east and west of the town. Within the town and along the northern coast are also a number of nightclubs and casinos. Waterparks, paintballing and go-kart racing are available for younger visitors and the young at heart.
The Kyrenia area is also situated in an excellent location to explore the rest of Northern Cyprus including the Karpas peninsula (with its wild donkeys and deserted beaches), Famagusta, Nicosia, and the southern area around Guzelyurt.
The Esentepe, Kyrenia area
The Esentepe area is located about 20-25 minutes drive from Kyrenia - to its east. Esentepe village (previously Agios Amvrosios or St Ambrose) and its immediate surrounding area is an attractive unspoilt rural location with outstanding views overlooking the sea and towards Five Finger Mountain (Besparmak). The village has several restaurants/bars, mini-markets, a butcher, internet cafe, small post office, two banks (1 with ATM from 2011), two hairdressers, medical centre, police station, and a football stadium. There are also 2 medium sized supermarkets within 2-3 minutes drive from the villa that stock baby foods and nappies, etc. and a small selection diabetic and gluten-free foods. There is a petrol station 300 metres from the villa and a chemist 2-3 minutes' drive away..
Some superb beaches, such as Lara and Turtle (Alagadi) are situated just a short drive away. The mountain range, immediately behind the village, provides excellent walking trails through the pine trees throughout the year. Fishing and diving are also undertaken off the coast.
Golf enthusiasts can enjoy the beautiful and lush 18-hole championship course at the Korinium Golf and Country Club close to Esentepe. Visitors can play either the complete 18-hole course, or just 9 holes, or the driving range. A golf shop and tuition are also available. The Club also provides spa and various massage & body treatment services, the latter including facial and nail care.
This is a quiet area and nightlife is limited to the bars and restaurants where there is occasional entertainment. However, the Acapulco Resort is situated approx 15 minutes drive to the west toward Kyrenia. For a reasonable daily fee, visitors can enjoy the private sandy beach, extensive heated pools and water slides for children and adults, casino, and other facilities. Additionally, the Resort contains probably the most luxurious spa and wellness centre in Northern Cyprus.
For those interested in horse riding, just 15 minutes drive away from the villa is the Çatalköy Riding Club, who undertake trail, mountain and pub rides.
For cycling enthusiasts, the villa is ideally situated as you can join the waymarked 230km Kyrenia Mountain Trail, just above Esentepe village, and cycle through the beautiful pine forests (best time Oct - April). Alternatively, cycle along the old coastal road east of Esentepe toward the Karpas peninsular where the traffic is extremely light. Bikes can be hired in Kyrenia.
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
Fly either to Ercan Airport (also known as Nicosia or Lefkosa Airport) in Northern Cyprus via Turkey (remain on same plane for about 45 minutes on runway before taking off again) or fly to Larnaca in South Cyprus.
For the information of UK-based visitors, Pegasus Airlines and Turkish Airlines fly to Ercan. Monarch, EasyJet, British Airways, Thomas Cook, Thomson, Jet2, and Cyprus Airways fly to Larnaca.
The taxi transfer time from Ercan Airport to the villa is just about 40 minutes (cost aound £35-£40 one-way) and from Larnaca airport is about 70 minutes (cost around £45-£55). A larger taxi (say for 4-5 people with 4-5 suitcases) may cost about £5-£10 more.
After pick-up from Larnaca, your taxi driver will hand you a very simple visa paper for completion if you do not want your passport stamped - this will take no more than a minute to fill in. At the border, the driver will take your passport and visa form to the authorities who will stamp the visa form but not your passport. You will not normally have to get out of the taxi. All very simple!
We can recommend taxi transfer and car hire companies if required.
See further details of transfers/car hire on our website - link at the bottom of this advert.
Activities near Esentepe, Kyrenia
Tennis in town
Golf within 30 mins drive
Rural / countryside retreats
Beach or lakeside relaxation
A winter sun break
07 Jul 2011
Lovely clean villa, wonderful roof terrace for evening drinks and watching sunset, one everning we saw dolphins. Good local taxi 7 seater it needed. Lovely local restaurants, and only a 20min drive... more
|Rental prices originally quoted in: British £||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 5|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|Low Season - up to 5||1 Nov 12||1 Apr 13||£ 390||-||-||5 Nights|
|Mid Season - up to 5||1 Apr 13||1 Jun 13||£ 495||-||-||5 Nights|
|High Season - up to 5||1 Jun 13||16 Sep 13||£ 670||-||-||5 Nights|
|Mid Season - up to 5||16 Sep 13||1 Nov 13||£ 495||-||-||5 Nights|
|Low Season||1 Nov 13||1 Jan 14||£ 390||-||-||5 Nights|
|Prices for group size 8|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|Low Season||1 Nov 12||1 Apr 13||£ 480||-||-||5 Nights|
|Mid Season||1 Apr 13||1 Jun 13||£ 585||-||-||5 Nights|
|High Season||1 Jun 13||16 Sep 13||£ 760||-||-||5 Nights|
|Mid Season||16 Sep 13||1 Nov 13||£ 585||-||-||5 Nights|
|Low Season||1 Nov 13||1 Jan 14||£ 480||-||-||5 Nights|
The property's weekend rates apply to: Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
The villa can sleep 8 persons plus 2 babies/toddlers in travel cots (provided).
The rates shown in the first table are the weekly hiring rates for the villa for 8 persons. The second table shows weekly rates for up to 5 persons. For occupants over 5 persons, there is a supplement of £30 per person per week. Babies/Toddlers under 2 years of age using cots are FREE.
There is a supplement of £20 for hirers arriving/departing on a Sunday.
The usual minimum period of stay is 7 nights or more, but we can accommodate part-weeks over and above this period. The minimum is 5 nights stay which would be charged at the weekly rate.
Payment to the owners is preferred in Pounds Sterling. Other currencies may be accepted but may attract a small handling charge (owners will advise). Payment can be accepted by:
• direct bank transfer
• PayPal (see below)
• Credit Card/Debit Card via PayPal (see below)
We can invoice via PayPal allowing a hirer to pay by credit or debit card. However, if a hirer does want to pay by credit/debit card through our Paypal emailed invoice or through their own Paypal account, we regret this will incur a 4% surcharge (which is unfortunately what we will be charged by PayPal).
A non-refundable deposit of 25% of the total hiring charge is required to secure a booking. The balance of the hire charge is due 8 weeks prior to your arrival together with a Security Bond of £200. The £200 Security Bond will be returned not more than 10 days after your departure subject to any deductions for losses and/or damage.
A few high demand weeks during the November to March period (e.g. Christmas/New Year, Easter, and Feb half-term) may attract the mid-season rate. Please check with owners.
Longer term rentals would be considered at reduced rates.
In the case of cancellations, refunds will be made as follows: 56+ days - deposit not refundable; 29-56 days – 50% of hire charge; 15-28 days – 25% of hire charge; 1-14 days – 10% of hire charge; 0 days – none of hire charge refundable. The £200 Security Bond would be refunded in full.Enquire now
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Contact the owner
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
2 years listed
You are contacting
The owner is based in the United Kingdom and has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2010. This villa has received 1 review from previous guests.
Verified property owner
This owner has been verified by our team
Payment for this home can be made directly to the owner.