****NOTE****. This property CANNOT be used for photo shoots or product placement without express permission. There is a different set of term and conditions for that sort of usage. Please contact for those conditions.****NOTE**** When wanting a quote/info etc please use …see more
“Not suitable for young children, word of caution about the layout of this house”
Reviewed 19 Sep 2016
The house really is best described as a 3 bedroom house with a master bedroom suite and two single bedrooms. There is a second double bedroom but this is located on the underside of the house and is a… More
I do take all reviews very seriously hence why i have accepted this one (even though i am not in agreement with all the points and as i am sure other guests who have already stayed and given a review will agree), but for the sake of transparency i will respond as best as i can. I am not allowed to include an email I received from the lady who actually rented the property, but she said I am sorry that they didn't enjoy their holiday, but I don't think it's fair to blame your villa - or anyone else - as they had all the information they needed to make an informed decision.
I will now cover Eve´s main issues as best i can.
1. The house IS a 4 bedroom villa as it has 4 bedrooms, Eve is correct in saying that one of the bedrooms is on the underside of the house and only accessible via steps on either side of the house. I have found that previous guests have actually enjoyed the increased privacy that this bedroom supplies. Maybe Eve’s experience would have been better in another room (But I have no control over who stays in what room). I have taken note of the (In Eve’s words) “damp smelling” issue and I will make sure this is rectified. If this becomes an issue in the future I will not allow this room to be used as I really do care that my guests enjoy their time in the property.
2. August is the hottest month in Spain, especially madrid. Sometimes it can get up to 35c-40c and the local Spanish people traditionally go away on holiday themselves. To combat the heat, the house was designed with sliding doors which can be opened completely (As if removing an entire wall) to create airflow throughout the house during the summer months. The house also has various outdoor shaded areas and a swimming pool. Eve is correct in that the house does not have air conditioning units in every room, this is due to the design of the house being adequate to create airflow, facilitated by the large sliding doors being open. If the doors were closed, then I can understand Eve’s point as in 35c+ heat, any house without constant air conditioning would heat up.
3. Regards the sleeping arrangements for the children, I believe Eve’s problem would have been solved if both children had used the two individual bedrooms and the adults the two doubles. Of course, because of the layout of the bedrooms, one of the parents would be in the basement bedroom, but i would assume the other parents in the master bedroom would be fine with making sure the children didn’t get into trouble etc. as they would be within ear shot. Eve does have a point in that maybe the house would be more suitable for older children, however I did send Jeanné the layout of the house beforehand and they still chose to rent the house.
4. Regards the location, I have provided a short guide however, I believe any individual should do their own research into their own holiday. One such point would be to look up the location of the property and then look for activities for yourself and your family in the local area. If the area does not provide you with what you want then you should not rent the property. Ie if you want a city getaway then stay in the city. if you want the countryside, a bit of luxury and some peace and quite all within a 30-40 min drive to the capital then rent somewhere like this property.
5. Regards the Wifi. I was not aware the signal did not reach. I will correct this straight away.