“Better then we could of asked for” we just returned a few days ago from our honeymoon at Dulcia's place. We were there for 15 days and there isn't enough room allowed in this box to talk about all the great things about it.
- Pre-arrival: Dulcia was spot on with replies. She even arranged for a driver (Christie) to come pick us up at the airport which was a huge plus!
- Our first impression was "Yes! it looks like the pictures!". We had been nervous about not going with a resort and we were very pleased with the suite. Its spacious, comfortable and clean. Fully equipped with everything you need. She even had blue mountain coffee for the mornings there already!
- We owe a huge debt to Chase, the security/grounds guy. He is an all around good guy and he helped us make the most of our trip. He took us out on his time off to get great seafood and try all the jamaican fruits (and helped us get them at jamaican prices!). We are grateful for everything and hopes the resort takes good care of him!
- The rest of the staff is wonderful. Charmaine is sweet and does a fantastic job. We appreciated the fresh flowers she always left in the room.
- Go snorkelling in the little beach in front. Its epic, much better than reggae beach, calm water and free! There are snorkels in the room!
- Get the front desk to get Kevin (a local driver) to bring you to the Blue Hole. Our best experience in Jamaica. Skip Dunns River.
- If you want more of a resort type, you can book spa services at Couples Resort which is 5 min walk. We booked massages (awesome) and you can just walk in and use the resort after but we just wanted to go back to Chrisanns.
Staying at Dulcia's place was a special experience for us. It gave us the right amount of access to luxury and freedom to explore. There are so many cool things in Ocho Rios that they don't advertise very well so it pays to be able to talk to locals. I already miss having my morning coffee in the gazebo watching the sun come up.