Lovely One Bedroom Apt., 77G
other travellers have booked this property online using Holiday Lettings Payments. When you book your rental using Holiday Lettings payments you are covered by Payment Protection
Apartment | 1 bedrooms | sleeps 4
2 Swimming Pool, Waterfront, Near Beach, Safe Swimming Beach, Near Skiing, Mountain View, Gated Community
PIZZO VACATION APARTMENT RENTAL DESCRIPTION Pizzo Beach Club is a new five star development here in Calabria, just 10 minutes away from the fantastic picturesque town of Pizzo and only 10 minutes away from Lamezia airport. It comprises of 2 swimming pools with life guards, gym, restaurant and bar. The walk through the Pine forrest takes you a beach which stretches 26 km from Pizzo to Lamezia and there are beach bars along the route.
The development is one of the finest in the region boasting areas for children and adults, entertainment and relaxation. You can take your time walking around the development which is tree lined or just enjoy your terrace or garden at your leisure. There is a gated entrance with key access so security is important and security guards ensure you are safe and sound at all times.
One bedroom apartment with double bed and lots of storage space & one double sofa bed.
Modern fully fitted kitchen with cooking utensils. gas hob & oven, Toaster & Electric Kettle, dinning area/ terrace table for 4, TV,DVD and Satellite TV, private garden and terrace at the front. This apartment has all the mod cons you would expect for a five star development. Just 10 minutes to the airport,and 10 minutes to the town of Pizzo and 10 minutes walk through woodland to the beach.
Pizzo is one of the up and coming areas of southern Italy. Together with the great variety of restaurants, bars and local touristic spot Pizzo has it all to offer. Visit the Piazza Della Repubblica where events and social occasions are rife during the summer months. Also many festivals through the year making it a great place to visit at any time.
Our apartment features:
-One Bedroom with King size Double bed with Wardrobes.
- Fully Fitted kitchen with utensile.
- Air-conditioning with hot & cold air,
- Kitchen with oven, hob and extractor;
- Fridge Freezer,
- 32" Flat screen LCD TV,
- Satellite TV,
- DVD player
- Terrace with outside with garden furniture for 4 people;
- Enclosed private grassed garden allowing children to play safely;
- Washing machine, Iron
- Secure parking.
Pizzo Beach Club Resort offers a wide range of facilities including:
- 2 swimming pools with lifeguards and free sun loungers (seasonal);
- Children's play park,
- Tennis courts;
- Football pitch;
- Fitness suite to work off the fantastic Calabrian food!
- Restaurant (seasonal);
- Local shop a short walk from the resort;
- Beach 7 minute stroll through a stunning eucalyptus and pine forest - free sun loungers on the beach.
- Discounted passes to Club Med - next door for watersports, dining and entertainment (seasonal);
- Shuttle bus services to Pizzo town (seasonal).
Relax on the beach or experience the culture and tradition of Pizzo town, just 10 minutes away.
- English speaking representative on hand to meet & greet guests and answer any questions;
- Swimming pools are open from April to October as are most of the communal areas.
- A daily shuttle bus service operates from the resort to the historic centre of Pizzo town. Tickets are available from reception. Some resort facilities are seasonal.
- The resort is located adjacent to the all inclusive resort of Club Med Naptia with a wide range of watersports, dining and entertainment for which discounted daily passes are available from Pizzo Beach Club reception.
- For families with young children cots and highchairs are available for a small charge.
- Other additional services are available to order including: airport transfers, grocery packs, tours and excursions.
- Strictly no smoking.
- Linen, towels and utilities (gas, water and electricity) included in the price. Apartment also has a washing machine. Mid week clean available for EUR 30.
- 20% deposit, balance due 4 weeks prior to commencement of rental.
- A security deposit of €/£150 is required towards damages which will be returned subject to a satisfactory property inspection.
- Long Stay Special - Get a discount from standard rates for long stays - 3 Weeks or more.
- Accepted methods of payment include Paypal, Bank Transfer.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 1 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Lamezia Terme Airport : 18 km, Nearest railway: Pizzo : 10 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||DVD player, Sea view|
|General||Air conditioning, TV, Pool or snooker table, Table tennis, Satellite TV|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities||Cooker, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||1 bedroom, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Double beds (1), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, Shared garden, Climbing frame, Swing set|
Southern Italy region
The Southern Italy / Calabria region
Southern Italy remains unspoilt and steeped in tradition and culture.
Calabria makes up the southern most tip of the Italian Peninsular, laying between the Tyrrhenian and the Ionian seas. The area is renowned for its beauty and is made up of high cliffs with sheer drops into crystal clear sea, tiny enchanting coves and long wide golden beaches.
Calabria also boosts three national parks which are fantastic for mountain climbing, rafting and trekking.
Calabria enjoys warm weather from April to October. The summers are hot with clear blue skies and brilliant sunshine. Temperatures in July and August are +30°C with 12 hours of sun a day. Spring and autumn are also both warm with temperatures averaging 20-25°C.
Local places of interest in Calabria include:
Tropea is a well established tourist spot, most famous view is the Church of Santa Maria dell'Isola, an ancient monastery on the summit of an island. Tropea has a maze of streets with hidden squares and restaurants. There is also a little museum - Museo Diocesano containing religious art and statutes. Beaches are at either side of the town.
Local attractions in Reggio include the Neo-Roman style cathedral, Aragon-style castle and the Archaeological museum features 'The Riace Bronzes'. The town has many shops, bars and restaurants to enjoy and Sicily is a short 30 minute ferry ride away.
The Pizzo / Pizzo Beach area
Pizzo Beach Club is located on Calabria's west coast, a 15 minute drive from Lamezia Terme International Airport and just a short drive from the centre of historic Pizzo, unspoilt and famous for its imposing castle, medieval squares and narrow streets which overlook the shores of the beautiful Tyrrhenian Sea.
It is situated on the Sant'Eufemia gulf and facing Stromboli island. It has a variety of shops, restaurants and bars and breathtaking views of the sea and surrounding countryside. Pizzo is renowned for it's famous ice cream namely tartufo di Pizzo, a chocolate truffle ice cream. In addition there are endless other flavours which will satisfy the ice cream lover.
The main square is Piazza della Repubblica, where tourists can be found relaxing at an outdoor cafe and enjoying a gelato. Close to the square is the Castello Murat, the castle, built in the 15th century. It was here that Joachim Murat, king of Naples and brother in-law of Napoleon, was imprisoned and subsequently executed. Murat was buried at the San Giorgio church. The castle is open to the public, and is also a venue for entertainment and special events.
The town of Pizzo is on two levels, and the picturesque harbour is below the castle. This area has an abundance of inexpensive restaurants and bars and is the 'place to be' during a sun filled evening to relax and 'people watch' as the locals come out with their families to stroll along the promenade.
Pizzo is steeped in history and legends and walking around the old cobbled streets there is an excellent atmosphere. It is undoubtedly a fantastic place to discover and explore.
There are fairs and festivals which take place in Pizzo throughout the year. These are always exciting events, enjoyed by locals and visitors alike. There are many seasonal and arts festivals, with performances and stalls selling local produce. The weekly street markets are colourful and a must to visit if you like a bargain.
In the summer tourist season there is a tourist train called the Pizzo Express which takes visitors on a tour of Pizzo and to the Chiesetta di Piedigrotta which is another main tourist attraction. Legend has it that in the mid 1600s a ship was sailing off the coast of Pizzo with a crew of sailors when they encountered a violent storm. The captain,sure that the ship would not survive the storm, gathered his crew and prayed to the Madonna promising that if they survived the ordeal that they would build a church in her honor. The ship was destroyed on the reef but the captain and crew reached the shore unharmed. The sailors kept their promise and built an altar in an existing cave on the shore where local stone-cutters mining blocks of tufo (tuff or tufa) would take refuge from the rain. The church is down a flight of steps.Tickets should first be purchased from a bar on the road above, prior to taking the lengthy trail to it! The interior is ornamented with statues carved from the rock.
During peak season times at Pizzo Beach Club resort there will be daily bus services available which will take you to local tourist attractions and markets. There is also a shuttle bus to and from Pizzo town.
The resort comprises of:
*Swimming Pool with pool bar
*Reclining sun loungers
*Electronic gated entrance
* 24hr security
* 100 meters to the beach
The property is located a short 10 minute walk from a large sandy beach. The short walk is along a pathway through a beautiful pine and eucalyptus forest. The walk through the forest takes you to the beach which stretches 20 km from Pizzo to Lamezia. There are some lovely walks along the beach with beach bars along the route, and if feeling adventurous you can walk from the resort into Pizzo along the beach.
Pizzo is conveniently placed on the coastal road and railway for visiting Tropea and the rest of the Costa degli Dei. Hire a car, and you can tour the whole Tropea area visiting small picturesque coastal resorts and villages such as Capo Vaticano, Briatico, Parghelia and Nicotera. The provincial capital, Vibo Valentia, is a short distance inland from Pizzo and is worth a visit for its mighty castle which has superb views. There are a number of interesting inland destinations for travellers with their own transport. Alternatively, take the train from Pizzo on it's coastal route and witness outstanding scenery on your journey. Scilla, a very attractive fishing village and beach resort is around two hours by train. Reggio di Calabria can also be reached by train or car.
From this stretch of coast there are summer boat trips to the Aeolian Islands, with departures from Pizzo as well as nearby Vibo Marina. These are seven small inhabited islands off the north shore of Sicily. They are popular as a holiday destination, offering sunshine, beaches and natural beauty. The islands are grouped together as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, including Stromboli, off the shores of Pizzo which has an active volcano! Tourists are attracted to the dramatic scenery, hot mud baths, and the opportunity to hike up to the craters of Stromboli.
Pizzo also has a small harbour with a lovely seaside promenade and beach. Local attractions include:
• Pizzo Castello Murat – Pizzo is worth visiting for its castle alone! Built in the fifteenth century, the castle is most celebrated for being the place where Napoleon's brother-in-law, Joachim Murat, was executed.
• Numerous churches - The Piedigrotta, The Madonna Del Carmine, The Della Grazie and many more, all with interesting backgrounds, sacred treasures and many of which are national monuments. Of note, the Chiesetta di Piedigrotta is one of the most visited attractions in Calabria. This little church is dug entirely out of tufa on the sea shore. The interior is ornamented with statues carved enthusiastically from the rock by a local family in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. In the summer tourist season a little tourist 'train' called the Pizzo Express takes visitors on a tour of Pizzo and to the Chiesa di Piedigrotta.
• The Aeolian Islands are seven small inhabited islands off the north shore of Sicily, close to the tip of Italy's toe. The islands are popular as a holiday destination, offering sunshine, beaches and natural beauty. The islands are grouped together as a UNESCO World Heritage Site - one of the islands is Stromboli, off the shores of Pizzo which has an active volcano!!! Tourists are attracted to the dramatic scenery, hot mud baths, and the opportunity to hike up to the craters of Vulcano and Stromboli.
• Fairs and festivals - Take place in Pizzo throughout the year. These are always exciting events, enjoyed by locals and visitors alike. There are many seasonal and arts festivals, with performances and stalls showcasing local products. The weekly street markets are full of colour and a must if you like a bargain. Religious festivals are celebrated by processions carrying venerated statues around the streets.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
15 Dec 2013
"brilliant family rental"
I stayed here in september with my wife and 2 year old daughter. From the booking process to being greeted by paul and lauren in pizzo beach we found it perfect for our needs. The apartment 77g is per… More
You need to pay through the Holiday Lettings website to ensure your payment is protected. We can’t protect your payment if you don’t pay through us.Learn more
You're booking with
95% Response rate
Calendar last updated:17 Aug 2014
Based in United Kingdom
- 135 properties
- 103 properties
- Capo Vaticano
- 35 properties
- 32 properties
- 17 properties
- Badolato Marina
- 16 properties
- 16 properties
- 15 properties
- Montepaone Lido
- 15 properties
- 13 properties
- 13 properties
- Vibo Valentia
- 11 properties
- Lamezia Terme
- 11 properties
- Santa Domenica
- 10 properties
- 9 properties
- Cropani Marina
- 8 properties
- 7 properties
- 7 properties
- Isca Marina
- 6 properties
- Marina di Zambrone
- 6 properties