Guest house | 3 bedrooms | sleeps 5
Nathan's Place is a spacious and beautifully presented self-contained guest house situated in the heart of the Whitfield township; a fantastic location to base yourself whilst visiting the King Valley gourmet food and wine region.
At Nathan's Place you can enjoy the quiet of the country along with all the action King Valley has to offer, all only minutes away. The Mountain View Pub and Whitty Café are just a short walk away whilst there's numerous wineries and restaurants within a short drive - Pizzini, Dal Zotto and Gracebrook to name a few.
|Size||Sleeps up to 5, 3 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car essential, Wheelchair users|
|Nearest Amenities||5 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Albury 90 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||Air conditioning, TV, CD player|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Double beds (2), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 5|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Private garden, BBQ|
|Access||Parking, Wheelchair users|
The Victoria, Australia region
Need some time away from the stress of the city? Come and enjoy all the King Valley has to offer. The smell of the fresh country air and chirping of the birds makes for a truly refreshing city break. A break that's refreshing for the soul and thoroughly relaxing. The King Valley climate is beautiful all year round and suitable for all types of activities.
For the foodies out there the King Valley region is renowned for it's Italian styled wines and produce. The region has a range of festivals, events and wine tastings during the year. Visiting the cellar doors is always great fun and a great way to meet the local winemakers who are always on hand to share their vintages with you. There's an abundance of fantastic restaurants close by and if you really want to get into the spirit, the Pizzini winery host Italian cooking classes so you can learn their delicious recipes to make yourself.
There are many things to experience in the King Valley. Some you'll need to plan for and others are available all year round. Here's a few ideas worth considering:
• Gourmet Food and Wine festivals – there's a range of events scheduled at various times during the year. The main events being the 'La Dolce Vita' held each November and the 'Fit for a King' weekend held over the Easter long weekend.
• Wine Tasting/Tours – grab a map and make a day of it visiting all the wineries in the King Valley region.
• Day trips to the snow - Mt Buller, Mt Buffalo, Mt Hotham and Falls Creek are all within 1 1/2 hrs drive.
• Natural attractions include: Powers' Lookout, Paradise Falls, and William Hovell Dam. All of which are worth a look and just a short drive away.
• Driving tours – such as the Ned Kelly route are a great day out and call via Whitfield.
• Cycling – whatever you're after you'll find it here. From the front of the house take a right and you're straight into the hills. Go left and you'll find plenty of gentle undulating roads to enjoy.
• Golf – there's a 9 hole course located behind the Mountain View Hotel.
• Fishing, walking, horse riding and white watering rafting are also options. Have a look online to see what's available.
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
13 Jan 2014
"Clean and comfortable..."
I stayed at Nathan's Place with my partner and some friends (another couple and a single). The house accommodated us all with ease.The house was clean and comfortable and importantly for that tim… More
4 Dec 2013
"Simple, peaceful and relaxing."
Great little house nestled amongst green paddocks, but a quick walk to the centre of town. House has everything you could think of, kitchen is very well equipped. Good backyard for the kids to play in… More
4 Dec 2013
"Lovely place to get away from the city, relaxed and homey feel."
I stayed at Nathan's Place with a bunch of friends, as a dedicated group-study week. We set up in the kitchen and lounge room and crammed hard for our exams, going for walks around the beautiful … More
Pay online via the Holiday Lettings payment platform with your credit/debit card or your PayPal account to be covered by Payment Protection. Learn more
You're booking with
75% Response rate
Based in Australia