Guest house | 3 bedrooms | sleeps 6
Nathan's place is the perfect retreat for those seeking a relaxing break from the hustle and bustle of city life. This spacious and beautifully presented, self-contained guesthouse has a friendly and welcoming atmosphere, ensuring a comfortable and memorable stay. Situated in the township of Whitfield in Victoria's North East, Nathan's Place is right in the heart of the King Valley gourmet food and wine region.
Great for relaxing getaways with friends and family, Nathan's Place features:
* 3 queen-sized bedrooms setup to sleep 6
* Fully equipped kitchen and dining area
* Spacious lounge with comfy couch, TV/DVD player, CD player, books and games
* Undercover parking
* Complimentary tea and coffee
Nathan's Place is only a short distance from award winning wineries and cellar doors most of whom also serve great food; Pizzini, Dal Zotto and Gracebrook to name a few. For a meal closer to home, the Mountain View Hotel (restaurant and pub) and Whitty Café (coffee and food) are a leisurely stroll away.
Throughout the year, the King Valley showcases it's food and wine produce through a range of festivals, events and wine tastings. Here's a few of the favourites.
* "Weekend Fit for a King” held over the Queen's birthday long weekend
* "La Dolce Vita Food and Wine Festival” held in November
* The King Valley Shed Wine Show is another fun event to keep an eye open for, whereby the public are invited to judge the Valley's best wines through a day well spent wine tasting.
If nature's more your thing or you just need to dry out from the grapes for a bit, the King Valley's natural attractions are all close by to Nathan's Place. Powers Lookout, Paradise Falls and William Hovell Dam are all easily accessible and worth a look.
There are also a variety of tours and places of interest for day visitors as well as those staying longer. Bushwalking, 4WD touring and camping are all popular pastimes whilst Whitfield's proximity to the surrounding ski fields and Winton Raceway makes for exciting day trips. For the historians and driving enthusiasts the Ned Kelly driving tour also calls through Whitfield.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car essential, Wheelchair users|
|Nearest Amenities||5 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Albury 90 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||Air conditioning, TV, CD player|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (2), Double beds (2), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 5|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Private garden, BBQ|
|Access||Parking, Wheelchair users|
The Victoria, Australia region
Need some time away from the stress of the city? Come and enjoy all the King Valley has to offer. The smell of the fresh country air and chirping of the birds makes for a truly refreshing city break. A break that's refreshing for the soul and thoroughly relaxing. The King Valley climate is beautiful all year round and suitable for all types of activities.
For the foodies out there the King Valley region is renowned for it's Italian styled wines and produce. The region has a range of festivals, events and wine tastings during the year. Visiting the cellar doors is always great fun and a great way to meet the local winemakers who are always on hand to share their vintages with you. There's an abundance of fantastic restaurants close by and if you really want to get into the spirit, the Pizzini winery host Italian cooking classes so you can learn their delicious recipes to make yourself.
There are many things to experience in the King Valley. Some you'll need to plan for and others are available all year round. Here's a few ideas worth considering:
• Gourmet Food and Wine festivals – there's a range of events scheduled at various times during the year. The main events being the 'La Dolce Vita' held each November and the 'Fit for a King' weekend held over the Easter long weekend.
• Wine Tasting/Tours – grab a map and make a day of it visiting all the wineries in the King Valley region.
• Day trips to the snow - Mt Buller, Mt Buffalo, Mt Hotham and Falls Creek are all within 1 1/2 hrs drive.
• Natural attractions include: Powers' Lookout, Paradise Falls, and William Hovell Dam. All of which are worth a look and just a short drive away.
• Driving tours – such as the Ned Kelly route are a great day out and call via Whitfield.
• Cycling – whatever you're after you'll find it here. From the front of the house take a right and you're straight into the hills. Go left and you'll find plenty of gentle undulating roads to enjoy.
• Golf – there's a 9 hole course located behind the Mountain View Hotel.
• Fishing, walking, horse riding and white watering rafting are also options. Have a look online to see what's available.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
3 Aug 2014
"Quiet. peaceful, in underrated part of Victoria"
The house is in the sleepy little town of Whitfield. Next door to the local football ground and opposite a paddock. Imaaculately clean. Well stocked and plenty of heaters for those freezing nights … More
13 Jan 2014
"Clean and comfortable..."
I stayed at Nathan's Place with my partner and some friends (another couple and a single). The house accommodated us all with ease.The house was clean and comfortable and importantly for that tim… More
4 Dec 2013
"Simple, peaceful and relaxing."
Great little house nestled amongst green paddocks, but a quick walk to the centre of town. House has everything you could think of, kitchen is very well equipped. Good backyard for the kids to play in… More
4 Dec 2013
"Lovely place to get away from the city, relaxed and homey feel."
I stayed at Nathan's Place with a bunch of friends, as a dedicated group-study week. We set up in the kitchen and lounge room and crammed hard for our exams, going for walks around the beautiful … More
You need to pay through the Holiday Lettings website to ensure your payment is protected. We can’t protect your payment if you don’t pay through us.Learn more
You're booking with
80% Response rate
Calendar last updated:24 Jun 2014
Based in Australia