The Red House
from £68 /night help Price for guests, Nights approx:
from £68 /night help Price for guests, Nights approx:
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Contact the advertiser to confirm the total cost.
House / 3 bedrooms / sleeps 8
Availability Your dates are available
House / 3 bedrooms / sleeps 8
It’s a perfect place to recharge your batteries with a good book, or to get back in touch with Nature with a long bike ride or hike in the National Park. Appetites have never been sharper in this mountain air, or sleep so deep!
Newly renovated house 3km from Bled
Sleeps 6 in 3 bedrooms PLUS a child's cot (2 double bedrooms, one of which also has a child's cot; one twin bedroom). An additional sofa bed in the living room gives more flexibility with the sleeping arrangements - the sofa bed sleeps 2
River and mountain views, on edge of Triglav National Park
Charcoal barbecue and outdoor chairs and table
Baby bath, high chair and changing mat
The area is popular with outdoor types - hiking, fishing, swimming, skiing, caving, biking and white water rafting are all nearby. Great excursions locally - Vintgar Gorge is only 1km away. We can help you arrange excursions through our local agent.
On the edge of a village with good amenities - there is a great restaurant and bar only 5 minutes walk from the house, and the nearest supermarket is a 10 minute walk
15 minutes from Austria, 40 minutes from Italian border resort
Numerous attractions close by: Radovljica, Pokljuha, Begunje, Bohinj and Kropa
Day trips possible to Soca Valley, Ljubljana, Postojna Caves, Piran, Slovene and Croatian coasts, Tarvisio, Udine, Venice, Zagreb
30 minutes from ski resorts
|Size||Sleeps up to 8, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Lake Bled 4 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Nearest Amenities||400 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Brnik, Ljubljana 40 km, Nearest railway: Bled Lesce 8 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, Video player, CD player, Telephone, Safe, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 2 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Double beds (2), Single beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 10, Lounge seats for 12|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
|Further details indoors|
The living room is a large seating and dining area, with a traditional tile stove for additional winter warmth. It's a great place to eat, play cards or watch the river from the windows.
In the living room, a large plasma screen, DVD and video, and over 300 TV channels mean you can easily unwind and while away a couple of hours with a film. There is a wide selection of DVDs for different tastes. We also have a CD player with great speakers which you can plug an iPod into.
The kitchen is well stocked with utensils and has a dishwasher, washing machine and cooker. A large wooden table with benches provides a more informal sitting area where you can drink your morning coffee, plan the day's excursions or just gaze at the river views outside.
There are two fully stocked bookcases with maps and guidebooks to inspire your activity planning, children's books and plenty of novels. All three bedrooms have river views and river sound-effects. There are wooden floors throughout and beautiful antique furniture. We've installed a safety gate for children at the top of the stairs. Families with young children should bear in mind that it is not ideal to leave children unsupervised in the garden, as the driveway slopes down to the village road.
We have WiFi throughout the house so staying connected is not a problem.
|Further details outdoors|
The house has its own driveway which has parking for three cars, and two balconies for you to enjoy the fresh air and the views.
It has all mod-cons in the kitchens and bathrooms, including under-floor heating in the bathrooms for extra coziness.
The Upper Carniola Region
Gorenjska is the north eastern region of Slovenia. It is bordered by the Julian Alps, and partially contains Triglav National Park. It has several medieval market towns of historical note, and in the foothills of the mountains lots of untouched traditional villages. It is one of the best places to see the traditional Slovene hay drying racks and to wander through scenes of pastoral wonder, enjoying the fresh green meadowlands and sparkling lakes and rivers.The people are down to earth and friendly and the pleasures of a cold Slovene beer drunk in a sunny village square or a cappucino in one of the medeival town centres unique. There really is something different to experience every day.
The house is on the edge of a village called Spodnje Gorje. A small supermarket is less than 10 minutes' walk and stocks everything you need. The bar and restaurant at the top of our hill - Gostilna Fortuna - has recently become a favourite for both locals and foreigners. It serves spit-roasted hog and chicken almost every day in summer and has great outdoor seating with fine views and a varied menu. A few minutes further is Gostilna Vintgar - by the entrance to the famous gorge - which is a classic Alpine hut, again, serving a varied menu. Both places serve the famous local trout caught from the river you can see from the house.
Ideas for some things to do:
1. Bled: Everyone should hire a rowing boat and take themselves over to the island, although you can of course pay someone to take you instead. The water is warm enough (27°C in summer) for swimming several months of the year and a couple of beaches are easily accessible from the house. If you’re lucky, it freezes over completely in the winter. Bled has lots of good restaurants and one or two late night bars. Pub Bled is a popular spot in the evenings for drinking Laško beer and dancing
2. Vintgar Gorge: peaceful walk near the house along a gorge to a waterfall, with wooden bridges passing over white water and rock pools. Walk for 15 minutes from the house and you're there. There's a good restaurant there too.
3. Radovna Valley: a 12km road along the valley floor begins at the end of Zgornje Gorje, larger sister village to Spodnje Gorje, and leads you to the centre of Triglav National Park. There are lots of walking trails that can either start off your hike to Triglav or provide more modest hikes, as the Radovna Valley gives access to Kot, Krma and Vrata Valleys.
3. The Pericnik Waterfall near Kranskja Gora - 30 minutes from the house. You can walk behind this 52 metre glacier formed waterfall, a remnant of the Ice Age.
4. Radovljica: pretty medieval town a couple of miles from Bled. The bee-keeping museum is worth a visit – the content is so unexpectedly interesting! You can see how bee-keeping has changed with the ages in Slovenia, and see local folk-art with the painted bee hive panel display
5. Bohinj: driving to the Vogel ski resort cable car gives you an idea of the sheer size of this lake. You can hike to a waterfall at one end of the lake, or go canoeing. A local stable takes you to the shores of the lake on horseback
6. Soca Valley: you’ll be stunned by how blue the water is (it’s the limestone). This is where the main white water rafting outfits are. There’s a great war museum in Kobarid (also known as Caporetto, where Hemmingway wrote a Farewell to Arms)
7. Ljubljana: Sundays at the bustling antique market on the river, with bargain hunting followed by pivo in one of the waterfront cafes. You can take the train to Ljubljana from Bled, spend the evening bar-hopping and clubbing, and take a taxi back to Spodnje Gorje for around 90 euros.
8. Austria: the lake resorts of Carinthia attract a respectable, sedate crowd. Nice for watching the yachts and eating schnitzel in the sun. Klagenfurt and Villach are pretty, bustling towns with good shopping, restaurants and bars - and great traditional Christmas markets in winter.
9. Tarvisio: Nearest Italian town and nice for shopping and eating.
The house is well stocked with maps and guidebooks for your perusal – ideal for planning sight-seeing trips and walks around the local valley, including Triglav National Park.
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
17 Nov 2014
"Excellent place to stay"
The "Red House" was an excellent choice for spending our autumn vacation. It is really good equipped for up to 8 persons. Parkingplace for up to 4 cars, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathromms, big kitchen … More
31 Aug 2014
"Home from home"
This spacious holiday home was well located a few miles from Bled and had everything we needed for a very comfortable stay. We recommend it without reservation.… More
23 Oct 2013
"Excellent house, would recommend"
I stayed in the Red House for three nights with a group of five friends. The Red House was an excellent base for exploring the area. It was nicely decorated and was very welcoming. The house was stock… More
11 Sep 2012
"Great value for the money!"
We are family of 7.Spent a week in the Red house .Very satisfied. A lot of space , 2 double bedrooms (0ne with additional baby bed ) ,and one bedroom with two single beds. Well equipped kitchen. DVD … More
2 Sep 2012
"The perfect house for family or friends"
we were six adults (2 couples & 2 singles) with two small children (ages 2 and 4), and we stayed at the Red House for a week. The house is extremely well equipped and maintained, and we had a great ti… More
21 Aug 2012
"The Red House is simply a home away from home"
Our stay at the Red House was one to remember. This house is ideally for families travelling with children since it is equipped with lots of books, DVDs, PC, a big box of toys and even a Wii! The hous… More
You're booking with
Dan Bendall (Property Manager Think Slovenia, TS1 d.o.o.)
- 7 Years listed
75% Response rate
Calendar last updated:26 May 2015
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted