“Beach cottage in paradise” Beautiful clear blue water and amazing beaches with no one on them. This is the place to be if you truly want to get away from EVERYTHING!!! No super stores no Starbucks, no fast food joints, no traffic, just leave your cell phone at home and enjoy a restful stress free vacation. I highly recommend the cottage at the beach. George is a very gracious host and will give you great recommendations on things to do and places to go.
“Go to Grotto Bay today!” We loved everything about Grotto Bay and Long Island in general. Jean and Kris were fabulous hosts and helped us figure out the rental car, pick activities, and welcomed us with open arms. This place is perfect - right on your own private beach. The condo was just as described and we loved the kayak and enjoyed snorkeling right off the beach. The location is close to the airport and was an awesome adventure for us.
I'd love to go back anytime - it's better than described!
“A terrific tropical cottage” We are at the end of the first month of a two month stay at Palmirqe. We could not be happier. There are lots of reasons why. Here are a few:
- brief walk or bike ride to a practically deserted beach that must be more than a mile in length.
- cottage is close to owners home, but sheltered and private because of luxuriant and well designed landscaping. Cottage secluded from road leading to beach.
- the cottage itself provides the following, and more:
- open design
- full sized, high quality appliances
- fully stocked with excellent dishes, pots and pans, bathroom towels, beach towels, on and on
- excellent wi-fi, satellite TV, CD player, cell phone for renter use, land line with plentiful minutes included
- plentiful seating - we plan to have a party for 12 tomorrow!
- screened deck, with hammock
We have had very few special requests, but in every case the owners have bent over backwards to be helpful.
We are located about 3/4 of the way toward the north end of the island. We've stayed nearer Clarence Town on 4 previous trips here. Both have advantages, but overall, we love it here. Excellent shopping for groceries only 10 minutes away. (You need a rental car, not only here, but anywhere on the island). Small restaurants are spread up and down the island, but in our experience, have excellent local foods.
Lots of exquisite water and guides for bonefishing, or chartering a boat for deep water fishing.
You won't be sorry if your next long Island vacation is at Palmirage.