Properties on Holiday Lettings can be sorted/ranked in the following ways:
Orders properties using various data points, in particular: ratings, number of bedrooms/bathrooms, minimum number of nights, and data relating to the interest in/bookings of the property through us, including the advertiser’s rate of providing quotes to travellers who make enquiries. Other factors include price, property capacity, number of photographs, location, amenities, appearance in search results, page views, and the advertiser’s responsiveness and cancellation rate.
Price low to high / high to low
Orders properties based on either (i) the property’s minimum nightly price, if the traveller has searched without dates, or (ii) the average nightly price for the applicable week of the year, if the traveller has input dates.
Orders properties by total number of reviews attached to the listing (highest to lowest), irrespective of average score. Where there is a listing with the same number of reviews as another (or a listing with no reviews), properties are sorted according to their proximity to the searched location.
“Rooney Ridge” The house was beautiful with peek-a-boo views of the lake. The rental appeared to be brand new and was in perfect condition.It had everything needed for a great vacation. The north shore has a great rustic, family feel.
“Very Lovely! Parts are oversold” Great layout.. open floor plan-kitchen to living room with balcony and backyard on either side was fabulous. Lots of full bathrooms, backyard fenced in made me feel safer for the family and dogs, couches in the living were great, lots of seating, beds were comfortable (once you get used to the plastic mattress cover), showers nice and big, lots of towels, hot tub is nice and it is very pretty to sit outside and look at the trees and stars at night.
Great location... one block to Gar Woods, easy drive to Incline or Tahoe City.
The description is a little oversold:
1) Claims to sleep 10 but that would mean two adults have to share tiny beds in the loft, the dining room table only seats 6, the outdoor table only seats 4... Sleeps/supports 8 (max) would be a more accurate statement.
2) Gourmet kitchen? While it looks nice, it has several insufficiencies. Only one cutting board that is hard to find, knives are as dull as marbles, very few other kitchen tools you'd expect to find in a proclaimed "gourmet" kitchen, toaster only toasts one side of your bread, etc
3) Not enough dishware for a house that claims to sleep 10. Only 5 wine glasses, 8 dinner plates, etc
4) TV in the living room is tiny! Way too small for that room and too high.. Should swap the Tv's in the living room and office
5) Master Bath Jacuzzi tub doesn't work
6) Not enough hot water (Hot water heater is very small for a house that claims to support 10 people) we had 5 adults and had to delay taking showers to let the hot water heat up.
Overall, I enjoyed our stay and the house is great. I just think they charge a little too much for it. If they fixed some of the items listed above I'd say the price is right.