Hotel apartment | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 6
Our 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom luxury apartment comes with spectacular views across the resort, marina, bay and tropical hillside. It has a fully equipped kitchen, lounge and utility room with all the conveniences you would expect from a modern apartment; floor to ceiling windows opening onto a large verandah, wireless access, 3 flat screen TV's/DVD players/BOSE music systems, drench showers and the latest appliances to name a few.
The apartments are constructed in a natural style with dark wood that blends in with its environment on this tropical hillside rich with lush vegetation.
The apartment is a part of the 5* Discovery Hotel and provides the perfect environment for guests to relax, have freedom from the pressures of life, and time to reflect and recharge their personal batteries. The resort provides a luxurious environment for guests with every possible modern facility including daily maid service, watersports, pool, infinity pool, spa, restaurants, bar, swim up bar, shops, gym, kids club, children's pool and much more.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 2 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||100 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: George F Charles Airport (Castries) 15 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player, Staffed property, Boat available, Sea view|
|General||Air conditioning, TV, CD player, Telephone, Fax machine, Safe, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms of which 2 Family bathrooms and 2 En suites|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Double beds (2), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Shared garden|
|Further details indoors|
The apartment offers modern styling, with dark wood furniture, white walls and slate-tiled bathrooms. The kitchen is furnished with state-of-the-art Italian appliances and the dining area overlooks Marigot Bay.
The bedrooms have luxurious king-size beds with romantic draped netting. Features include the following:
• Ethernet (high-speed internet access)
• 27" Flat-screen TVs, DVD player and music systems (in both bedrooms)
• 32" flat screen TV and DVD player (in lounge)
• Refrigerator, Coffee and tea facilities
• Air Conditioning in all bedrooms
• Bathrooms with bidets and walk-in drench showers
• Pillow top beds with 300 thread count Fili D'Oro Egyptian cotton sheets
• Light tropical cotton wraps
• All rooms and suites have large balconies overlooking the bay
• Italian Aster Cucina fitted kitchen with modern stainless steel Neff appliances, and corian countertops
• Espresso machine
• Washer and dryer
• Spacious living room with sofa bed and comfortable chairs
• Large wooden balcony or deck with outdoor furniture
• Dining room
• Bose Surroundsound music system with MP3 input capability
|Further details outdoors|
DINING & ENTERTAINMENT
Discovery’s restaurants offer everything from haute cuisine to simple snacks. Enjoy the colonial charm of The Boudreau, or the harbourside buzz of The Coffee Dock. There are several bars, the Pink Snail, which is a tribute to the film Dr Dolittle, and the world famous Hurricane Hole Bar restored to its former glory. There’s dancing under the stars and local musicians and entertainers showcasing their talents.
For the active, the Discovery fitness centre has state of the art cardio equipment and weightlifting machines. There are two swimming pools (one with a swim up bar) and a wide range of watersports including sailing, sea kayaking, scuba diving and snorkeling. The hotel tour desk can arrange island excursions and other activities such as horse riding, golf and rainforest hiking. The famous palm fringed beach is a two minute ferry ride across the bay.
The resort has its own shopping facilities with on site boutiques, bakery, bank, supermarket, art gallery and craft shop at The Marina Village.
Luxurious Spa treatments are available at the hotels Lapli Spa. There are plenty of treatments on the Lapli Spa menu to quench your body’s thirst for pampering. Apart from the Vichy spa wetroom there is a full range of massage and beauty therapies, using a mix of up-market international products from E’Spa and local treatments that make extensive use of aloe vera, hibiscus, cactus, seamoss, banana and other locally grown fruit and herbs. Each treatment room has its own private deck with an open-air shower. Or you can have your threatment au naturel in one of our Zen garden massage cabanas following a relaxing soak in a Japanese-style ofuru wooden soaking tub.
Holiday lettings are from 4pm on the date of arrival to 11am on the date of departure . Accommodation is on a self catering basis. Six persons can be accommodated with two in each bedroom and two on the sofa bed in the lounge.
Included in the rental are; daily maid service, bay ferry, kids club, pool and beach facilities, wi-fi, gym as well as the use of non motorised water sports equipment.
Not included are; airport transfers, hotel spa treatments, telephone, breakfast or any other food and beverages. Any additional charges will need to be settled directly with the Discovery Resort. If credit is established, occupier can pay upon departure; if paying by cash occupier must pre-pay a deposit
The Castries region
Known as one of the most beautiful islands in the Caribbean, St Lucia’s dramatic mountain scenery, its sulphur springs, drive-in volcano, tropical rain forests, waterfalls and secluded beaches attract visitors from all over the world. Information about St Lucia, with a calendar of events (including the world famous St Lucia Jazz Festival), can be found on the St Lucia Tourist Board website, www.stlucia.org.
About St. Lucia: St Lucia is located in the middle of the Eastern Caribbean chain of islands and is approximately 21 miles south of Martinique and 90 miles northwest of Barbados. Castries (population 50,000) is the island’s capital and is situated North-west of the island.
Language: The main language in Saint Lucia is English although many St. Lucians also speak French and Spanish.
Physical Characteristics: The island is 238 sq. miles (616 sq. km), 27 miles long, 14 miles wide with a combination of high mountains, forests, low lying lands and beaches. A central mountain range runs the length of the island, with peaks ranging between 1000 and 3145 feet. Forests dominate the mountains, while jasmine, scarlet chenille and wild orchids provide splashes of colour to the lush green slopes.
The two towering volcanic cones on the southwest coast, Gros Piton (797m) and Petit Piton (750m) are one of the Caribbean’s most famous landmarks. The volcanic origin of the island provides visitors with an opportunity to visit a “drive-in volcano” and take a dip in the reputedly therapeutic Sulphur springs.
Climate: The climate on the island is tropical with temperatures ranging from 70 – 90 Fahrenheit. The rainy season is from June to November and the drier period between December and May. Average rainfall is between 160-360cm depending on altitude.
There is a broad array of exciting and exotic activities available on St. Lucia. The island's steep coastlines and lovely reefs offer excellent snorkeling and scuba diving. The rainforest preserves of St. Lucia's mountainous interior are one of the Caribbean's finest locales for hiking and birdwatching.
What To Do:
* Beach – the hotel beach is a short 2 minute ferry ride across Marigot Bay. Sunbeds and non motorised water sports are available for guests here.
* Diving & Snorkeling - the resort borders St Lucia’s famous marine park.
* Sailing - vessels range from dinghies to live-aboard catamarans available for charter to the Grenadine islands.
* Bird Watching – Marigot has a wide variety of bird species.
* Climbing – St. Lucia is mountainous, with hills and mountains ranging from challenging climbs requiring some mountaineering experience, to vigorous walks, all with wonderful views.
* Rainforest Hiking and Walking – access to nearby bays and hillsides, as well as deep rainforest trails.
* Surfing and Kite Surfing - for trips to the Atlantic coast on the other side of the island. Ocean Kayaks & Windsurfers are also available.
* Visiting the Volcano and bathing in the hotsprings – a short ride or boat trip away.
* Swimming Pools – There are two pools: one with an infinity edge overlooking the bay and, a lagoon pool with a swim-up bar and a children's pool alongside.
* Yoga, Tai Chi and Pilates – weekly scheduled classes are complimentary, as well as the ferry around the bay and non-motorized watersports on Labas Beach (snorkeling, windsurfing, hobie-cat sailing, kayaking). Private classes can also be arranged.
* Stress Management groups – Special Programmes can be arranged
Local attractions close by include:
* Castries - St. Lucia's bustling capital
* Anse-le-Ray & Canaries -An afternoon visit to these tiny fishing villages offer an interesting study of one of St. Lucia's main traditions, fishing in dug-out canoes.
* Anse-la-Raye Seafood Friday - The Village of Anse-la-Raye, a 20 min taxi ride away, offers a Friday Party with its Seafood Friday
* Shopping for duty-free imports like designer perfumes, crystal and china at Pointe Seraphine, a harbour-front shopping complex
* Soufriere - Located in the south, it is the oldest town in St. Lucia, established by the French in 1746
* Gros Islet - Friday night "jump up" (dancing in the streets).
* Pigeon Island - Pigeon Island, a 40-acre islet connected by a causeway to St. Lucia's west coast
Marigot Bay Restaurants & Bars:
* The Boudreau Restaurant – Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner
* Hurricane Hole Bar – panoramic view of the bay. The bar has been restored to its former glory with its original lighting and signage.
* The Bakery – Resort bakery, producing a wide range of bread and pastries all day
Just outside the hotel, dotted around the bay, are a number of lively local cafes and bars as well as a mini supermarket.