Beach / lakeside relaxation; Great for children of all ages ; Car not necessary;
The Fo'c'stle is a picture book 17th century cottage, centrally located, harbour views, ideal for families …see more
“Perfect for pasties (and everything else).”
Reviewed 18 Oct 2012
The cottage couldn't be in a more convenient location in Hugh Town. It is close to the quay, restaurants, pubs, bank, shops, tourist office etc. It has the added advantage of being opposite the slipwa… More
“Ideal place to stay”
Reviewed 1 May 2012
The Fo'c'stle is the ideal place to stay if you want to be in the midst of everything. It is a stone's throw from eating places and shops. All of the eating places serve wonderful food at a reasonable… More
Reviewed 30 Apr 2012
We stayed at the Focsle for our honeymoon - and it was terrific. The location is super-central and within a stone's throw of the boats to the other islands. We were thankful for the electric heaters s… More
Beach / lakeside relaxation; Nearest beach 0.4 km; Not suitable for children;
The apartment is for folk looking for a comfortable, quiet and well appointed holiday home, close to the Islands activities, but away from the town's center. It has a good garden space with outdoor seating. and 3 minutes from Buzza Tower for some of the best views. …see more
“Wonderful - a Scilly home- from- home and more!”
Reviewed 19 Apr 2012
Beautifully decorated and comfortably furnished apartment with breathtaking views of the harbour and the off-island of Samson. The owners cannot do enough to make a stay as good and as stress-free a… More
Dear Sandra, I don't know how I missed your kind comments,please blame it on the fact that the whole Trip Advisor was a new site for me. As you know we always look forward to your visit every year. Best wishes Colin
“I wonder why there is only one review?”
Reviewed 10 May 2013
Clean but basic.
Carpet in the kitchen and bathroom is a definite no no!! so unhygienic!!!
Sorry to say not enough crockery, or cutlery.So while we wanted to save water we couldn't as we had to wa… More
In our advert we have tried to show that the apartment is fairly compact & set out for 2 people. The photos, I think, give that impression.
• The carpets in the Bathroom and Kitchen are designed for the use because for the ease of cleaning (by intense wet cleaning if required). The manufacturer claims that they are hygienic – rot proof and certified resistant to microbial attack. It was sad that the guest failed to notice that there was a freshly laundered bathmat & toilet mat which covered most of the floor, and is changed weekly.
• We put out crockery and cutlery for the average couple, but we do say that if anything else is required, please ask we have a store of such items not more than 30 yards from the property, so could have been supplied almost at once.
• Saving water is an Island obsession and we are all doing our best, as to whether a dishwasher for 2 people is the answer, is a debating point. Most machines seem to hold 8 settings at least. Does this mean that we should put enough cutlery, plate, pots & pans etc. for the few, to be fair, who wish to store up for one wash now and again?
• The comment regarding the freezer compartment is a fair one and has been under discussion for a while, but all I can say is that up to now, most people do very little cooking and we have tended to cater for the majority.
• Ants? Not much I can say on this one, the flowers are kept in a cool-room until they are put into the rooms, but all over the world there are insects of varying kinds and sprays and powders are frowned upon.
• One of the problems of letting, as anyone in the business would say, is damage done, all be it by accident which can be done to furnishings whether old or brand new. The leather chairs that are referred to are about 4 years old and were as good as they day they were bought until we let to a couple who had some major health problems. The medication that the gentleman had to use on his skin caused a reaction with the material of the chair; the top layer of the leather seemed to peel off where his hands rubbed on it. Now I appreciate that this is of no interest to visitors but the covers that we had made to measure was the best we could do until replacement time comes.
As a matter of interest the lounge carpet that had a quantity of red wine spilled on it on the night before departure by another guest, this cost us a new carpet, and while there was an offer to put right the damage the replacement cost £1500. Needless to say we stood that. I accept that the suggestion about sofas versus individual recliner chairs is an interesting subject for debate. I prefer a chair myself.
• We were very excited that the towelling got a plus as they are also 4 years old and are washed and dried, in the open air not machine dried, by my wife, who in her former life was Sister in Charge at our hospital and has an old style matronly approach to such things and not least of all cleanliness.
My final comment is on directions to the property, it was very sad that the plan to fly from Exeter was spoiled by the weather and you had to travel via Penzance and sail on the Islands ship. We tried to contact you on the ship, but your mobile was not working, to tell you that transport would be on the quay to meet you, but as it was you decided to walk to the apartment and when you phoned to ask the way, my wife gave you directions and I was at the gate to meet you and so I am not sure what more we could have done.
As to the question “I wonder why there is only one review”, we have had many, many very happy visitors stay with us over the years, and some come twice a year and guard their chance to come by not telling the story in case their dates become booked. We only joined Holiday Lettings last year 2012. We are sorry that we didn’t do it for you, but we will go on doing our very best for future guests, as we have done for over 50 years, after all we want everyone who comes to us to have the best that we can offer. CP & EC Ridsdale.
Beach / lakeside relaxation; Nearest beach 1 km; Ask owner if suitable for children;
4Star self catering accommodation, on St Marys in the beautiful Isles of Scilly.
easy access to all attractions and amenities.
Walking, diving, history, wildlife ,sport or beaches and good food you will find plenty to do during your stay with us
Relax, unwind, and enjoy …see more
Distance approx 2.46 miles from Towan Cross Show on Map
Beach / lakeside relaxation; Nearest beach 0.1 km; Suitable for children age 5+;
Glandore enjoys a unique location on the west coast of St Marys, within 50 yards of the beach, yet only 15 minutes leisurely walk into Hugh Town along the scenic beach path. Surrounded by private gardens, it offers guests peaceful relaxation and breathtaking sea views.W …see more
Distance approx 2.56 miles from Towan Cross Show on Map
My first trip to the Isles of Scilly and it did not disappoint. The place is wonderful and full of adventures to be had. Finding the accommodation of Newfort House on the edge of a picturesque corne… More
Thank you Adrian, we are pleased you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to seeing you again soon
Beach / lakeside relaxation; Nearest beach 0.045 km; Not suitable for children;
'Serica' apartment enjoys a favoured location on the west coast of St Marys, within 50 yards of the beach, yet only 15 minutes leisurely walk into Hugh Town along the scenic beach path. 'Serica' has its own sunny south-facing private balcony overlooking private gardens. …see more
Distance approx 2.57 miles from Towan Cross Show on Map
Beach / lakeside relaxation; Nearest beach 0.045 km; Not suitable for children;
'Slippen' apartment enjoys a favoured location on the west coast of St Marys, within 50 yards of the beach, yet only 15 minutes leisurely walk into Hugh Town along the scenic beach path. 'Slippen' has its own sunny south-facing private garden/ patio with stone barbecue. …see more
Distance approx 5.49 miles from Towan Cross Show on Map
Beach / lakeside relaxation; Great for children of all ages ; Pets welcome;
Ideally positioned on top of the hill between all the best beaches, bays and headlands. Close to the Post Office Stores and Bakery. Comfortably furnished and fully equipped with everything you will need to enjoy your stay – just bring beach towels! …see more
Distance approx 5.5 miles from Towan Cross Show on Map
Beach / lakeside relaxation; Ask owner if suitable for children; Pets welcome;
Ideally positioned on top of the hill between all the best beaches, bays and headlands. Close to the Post Office Stores and Bakery. Comfortably furnished and fully equipped with everything you will need to enjoy your stay – just bring beach towels!
Distance approx 28.24 miles from Towan Cross Show on Map
Beach / lakeside relaxation; Nearest beach 8 km; Great for children of all ages ;
St. Ives is approximately five miles to the north with sandy beaches comprising Porthmeor for surfing, Porthgwidden a small sandy cove, Harbour Beach still a working port and sheltered Porthminster beach with half a mile of golden sands and the famous Porthminster Cafe. …see more
Distance approx 30.84 miles from Towan Cross Show on Map
Beach / lakeside relaxation; Great for children of all ages ; Car advised;
Thalassa - a 2 bedroomed cottage with stunning views over Whitesands Beach in Sennen Cove. 2 minute walk to the beach, private parking. …see more
“Thalassa is an ideal Seaside Cottage”
Reviewed 23 May 2013
The cottage has excellent views over Sennen Beach and out to sea (appropriate, as Thalassa means 'sea' in Greek). The kitchen is well equipped with hob, oven and microwave and the crockery and cutlery… More
Beach / lakeside relaxation; Nearest beach 1 km; Great for children of all ages ;
Grasscroft cottage sleeps 3 people, with 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom and linen provided, 1 small pet welcome and saturday change over. Please note there is no smoking. …see more
“excellent holiday. definitely will return”
Reviewed 3 Sep 2013
I visited Grasscroft in July 2013 with my Partner, teenage son and very pampered, daft cat! The accommodation was clean, very spacious and exactly how it was described. Geoff was very helpful and a pl… More
Thank you so much appreciate your comments
“Home from home property in a great location”
Reviewed 27 Aug 2013
This is a lovely property set in a prime position just above Sennen Cove, so no real need to use the car parks if you are using the beach. A short walk down the hill, but unfortunately, somebody woul… More
Thank you for a great review
“Well equipped accommodation, close to beach and pubs. Good parking”
Reviewed 13 May 2013
Sea view with Cape Cornwall in the distance, close to beach and 2 great pubs; first and last and the old success. Lands end about 1.5 miles away and coast path at bottom of hill. Off road parking grea… More