Cover at home and away - Intasure's second home policy

Owner advice
Property services
Owner advice > Property essentials > Cover at home and away - Intasure's second home policy

Cover at home and away - Intasure’s second home policy

Choosing the right insurance policy for your home is an important part of your holiday letting business. Many home-owners with established home insurance seek separate cover for their holiday property but it can be preferable to combine all of your home insurance in one policy.

Intasure offer a one-policy insurance which covers both your normal home contents and the public liability insurance for the homes you let.

Having everything covered in one policy means that if anything should happen to your home, it can all be handled without any conflicts of interest between two companies. With just one premium to pay and just one set of paper work, it can make the whole process a lot easier. You can even let your permanent residence with this policy!

The main benefits of the policy are:

  • Public liability insurance - essential for anyone running a holiday lets business. Intasure’s policy includes public liability up to a level of £5million as standard. Should your guests (or anyone carrying out domestic duties on your behalf) injure themselves at your home and try to hold you liable for that injury, Intasure’s policy will cover you.

  • Currently, Intasure are providing an exclusive offer to Holiday Lettings advertisers. Those who use Holiday Lettings are eligible to receive a policy which includes cover for malicious damage inflicted by your tenants. This will cover your property for the rare but devastating effects of destructive guests.

  • Intasure’s second home insurance policy is fully comprehensive and protects you from all the perils you would expect from a home insurance policy, whilst at the same time protecting you from the risks involved with renting out your property.

  • The policy will also protect you against damage to your building and contents which has been caused by your tenants. If you opt to include accidental damage then this cover does extend to include your guests as well as yourself and your family at no extra cost.

  • The policy also includes emergency travel cover which can be invaluable when owning a holiday home overseas. If you are living and working in the UK and you receive a call that your holiday home abroad has suffered from a peril, naturally you will want to reach your holiday home as possible. By using emergency travel cover you may end up paying nothing for a last minute trip abroad.

If you require this cover for your main home as well as your second home then Intasure also offer a policy for permanent residences. This is perfect for anyone who lives in an area that receives a lot of visitors at one time. Many home owners are taking advantage of Intasure’s main home policy for the Olympics.

You’ll have all the cover you would expect from a main home policy, but are also able to rent out your main home, and this is not isolated to just London or to 2012. There are many events across the country that gathers visitors in from around the world. Glastonbury, the Edinburgh Fringe, Wimbledon and the British Grand Prix are all reoccurring events that attract a multitude of visitors each time, all looking for some where to stay.

Intasure can cover you against all the perils that you would expect from a home insurance policy, regardless of whether you let your property or not. These include:

  • Fire, explosion and smoke

  • Riot and malicious damage

  • Theft and attempted theft

  • Storm

  • Flood

  • Escape of water – burst pipes

  • Collision and falling branches

  • Subsidence (depending on property location)

Whilst these may be the main threats to your home, Intasure’s policy will also protect your contents, with the option of insuring some items away from the home, as well as covering:

  • Cash in meters

  • Loss or theft of keys

  • Garden ornaments and furniture

  • Pedal Cycles

  • Freezer contents

Intasure’s policy also includes cover for the incidents that you may not have thought about such as:

  • Temporary accommodation

  • Loss of hiring charges

  • Loss of metered water and oil

  • Trace and access

  • Replacement of Title Deeds


Intasure is an insurance provider that specialises in providing comprehensive and flexible cover, against all eventualities, for holiday homes in the UK and overseas.

Intasure - insurance that speaks your language

Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority and with years of experience, every Intasure policy is underwritten by Lloyds of London and other international insurers and offers a host of benefits. One of the key advantages is the UK-based English speaking team that resolves any problems that may arise. In addition, all policy documentation is written in English - so you know exactly what you are getting.

Wider cover for your protection
Intasure’s cost effective policies provide far wider cover than most standard European policies. They also cover your specific property, unlike Local Community Insurance which can be deceptive. Add £5 million worth of essential public liability cover, which is important for anyone who lets their property, and you have truly comprehensive cover at a very competitive price.

Cover Available For:

UK residents and expatriates with holiday homes in: The UK, Austria, Brazil, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cape Verde, Croatia,Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Morocco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, (including Dubai) with more being added.

Visit Intasure to complete their quotation form

Alternatively, you can call Intasure on 0845 111 0680 (quoting 202855) for immediate cover

Up to 40% risk related discount is available on overseas and UK holiday home insurance.