from £52 /night help Price for guests, Nights
from £52 /night help Price for guests, Nights
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Excludes fees (if applicable). Enter your dates to see the total cost.
Farmhouse / 3 bedrooms / sleeps 8 Home 135651
Availability Your dates are available
Farmhouse / 3 bedrooms / sleeps 8
FROM NOVEMBER 2015 TILL MARCH 2016 FREE TRANSFER FROM AIRPORT TO ACCOMMODATION FOR UP TO 2 PERSONS IF STAYING FOR A WEEK AND TAKE OUR TRANSFERS BACK (EASTER HOLIDAYS EXCLUDED)
FROM NOVEMBER 2015 TILL MARCH 2016 FOR AN EXTRA 225 EURO YOU GET:
1) HIRE OF CITY CAR FOR 7 DAYS (conditions apply)
2) SPLIT TRANSFERS TO AND FROM THE AIRPORT FOR UP TO 2 PERSONS
3) USE OF SPA
PLACE DESCRIPTIONPart of this historical building dates back to 300 years and was recently restored by the owners with great attention to detail. One can easily feel the warm and cosy atmosphere of this comfortable accommodation as soon as he enters. The house is accessed through a private alley making it very quiet and peaceful. Right at the entrance one can see the original stone oven of the bakery which was still in operation up to the 1980's. Beautiful old vaults house a pleasantly decorated seating area where a sofa can be used as an additional bed. One can admire the "lenbi" where women used to make the dough for a whole week's bread. The entrance, which can easily be heated in winter by the small wood stove, is tastefully decorated with local tiles on the walls together with antique furniture. Another original feature is an ash-pit found during restoration. This can easily be used as a wine cellar. The flagstone flooring throughout the bakery adds further character. During the hot summer days, the small but landscaped courtyard invites anyone to relax in the shade of the huge banana trees . The SPA is an optional and can be used all year long for some relaxing moments with your loved ones. Also on the ground floor there is an airconditioned twin single bed-room with a shower en-suite. On the first floor of the former bakery is another airconditioned double room with a tiny balcony and en-suite shower room. Here is a staircase leading to an open-plan loft overlooking the living room and where one can find another double bed . This loft leads to a small terrace overlooking the alley, and from which one can admire the fireworks of the village festa which comes in August. The air-conditioned living room with the satellite TV and the lovingly crafted kitchen lead to a small balcony overlooking the internal yard and which gives access to the roof. From the roof of the house lies the unspoilt view of the north of Gozo to the sea. You can spend memorable time on the sun-loungers or enjoy some grilled meat on the BBQ or a hearty pizza cooked in the wood oven (we will be very pleased to help you in case the need arises).More charm is added to this place when you hear the fish vendor, followed by the baker and the fruit and vegetable vendor who come to our small village every morning. However taking a stroll in the picturesque capital city Victoria (or Rabat as we call it) and do shopping there is so easy and just 5 minutes away by car. Marsalforn which is a fishing village is just 2km from Zebbug and offers a vast variety of restaurants, bars and cafes for every taste.
PRICE IS FOR 1-4 PERSONS using loft and blue bedroom. Use of other bedroom incurs a small fee.
EACH EXTRA PERSON PAYS 15 EURO/DAY
FREE WIFI FREE BED LINEN, TOWELS AND BEACH TOWELS(in summer) LOCAL FOOD ON ARRIVAL and BREAKFAST ITEMS FOR THE NEXT MORNING
READING MATERIAL AND MAPS
HIRING OF BEACH UMBRELLAS, BICYCLES AND CARS IS AVAILABLE
USE OF SPA IS AGAINST EXTRA PAYMENT
USE OF HEATING/COOLING BY AIRCONDITION IS AGAINST PAYMENT
|Size||Sleeps up to 8, 3 bedrooms|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 2 En suites, Solarium or roof terrace|
|Nearest beach||Marsalforn 2 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||2 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Luqa International Airport 35 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Jacuzzi or hot tub, Log fire, Internet access, DVD player, Sea view|
|General||Air conditioning, Telephone, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Furniture||2 Sofa beds, King Beds (1), Double beds (1), Single beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, BBQ|
|Access||Parking, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
|Further details indoors|
Families with young children are kindly asked to specify what they need like cot, play-pan and high-chair etc. so that we can provide it for them free of charge. Toys and books are provided free of charge.
Free books and DVD's for all the family to enjoy especially on wet days.
|Further details outdoors|
The private alley and the open area in front of the house make it ideal for children to play safely away from the main street. The bus stop is just 50 metres from the building.
Our guests will be given a detailed pack of visits, excursions, boat trips, restaurants etc. that they can do during their stay.We will be very glad to help you organize your stay and visit secret unspoilt areas of our island.We organise guided walks, visits to museums and transfers to the beach.Organise trips around Gozo and Comino.We also organise BBQ's at the beach.We can help you rent bicycles and mopads.Local dishes are provided on your request.Maid service is available at an extra cost for stays of more than one week.Direct transfers to and from airport are organised.We also provide car hiring for your stay.Smoking is prohibited in the house but one can use the roof and ashtrays are available.
The Island of Gozo region
Discovering Gozo, a tiny island measuring about 14km by 7km with about 31000 inhabitants, is the key to discovering one of the most untouched and unique islands in the Mediterranean. Gozo, which is more scenic and tranquil from the sister island Malta, is the perfect island holiday destination, a serene land where time has stood still and where the locals are very helpful and friendly and are always ready to go out of their way to help. Its outstanding climate with temperatures hardly reaching 10 degrees Celcius in winter, is an all-year round destination.
Gozo with over 7000 years of history, is ideal for the historic or religious travellers, for beach holidays, an eco-holiday, a walking or cycling holiday or just an opportunity to get away from it all and indulge in great food, great beaches and an exceptional culture. It is also paradise for those after a diving holiday in the crystal-clear Mediterranean waters. Gozo is many things to many different people, but above all it is truly special, tranquil and unique: the island of Myths and Miracles...
“Zebbug” means 'Olives' and this village was once famous for its abundance of olive trees. The olives were grown and harvested here and taken for pressing into oil at the adjacent village down the hill ,on the way to Victoria which is called Ghasri (meaning the ''pressing place'' ).
Zebbug is an old hilltop village with exotic views. The village's highest spot is marked by its parish church and the customary stone cross in front of it. Except for the coastal portions of Qbajjar and Marsalforn, the villagers of Zebbug actually live on two hills connected by a narrow strip of land. The land drops abruptly all around. This can be experienced along the road to Qbajjar and Marsalforn. Here you will see that Zebbug commands spectacular views over the coast , land and sea. Another steep hill at Zebbug is the flat topped Ta' Kuljat, which contains some bronze age silo pits. The area between this hill and Qbajjar to the north contains many Punic and Pre-Historic tombs.
The villagers are known for the high quality of their (Bizzilla) lace, weaving and woolen blankets. Their religious values are untarnished, as judged for example from the high priority given to the maintenance of street niches.
Included with Zebbug is a good portion of Gozo's north shore, which is characterized by some scenic inlets, natural bluffs and man-made salt pans. At Wied il-Ghasri, one of the islands beauty spots, quaint boat shelters align the narrow canyon, which also offers a secluded small sandy beach.
Our unique location blessed with spectacular views of the Mediterranean Sea offers a quiet place to get away from it all. At the same time, all amenities are close by. Seafront restaurants, supermarkets, beaches, diving, boat trips to Comino & Blue Lagoon, historical and cultural places are just 5 minutes drive away. For those who want to feel the remote life of a typical rural village, one can buy the fresh bread from the 8am van. Also the fish vendor and fruit and vegetable van come everyday infront of the house. For those who do not want to cook after a whole day exploring the island, one can visit Francesco's Pizzeria in the village centre just 100m away from the house, and help himself at the hearty pizza at a very good price. Gozo's traditional dishes include the sheep cheese filled ravioli, the “bragioli”, the local ftira, the mouthwatering fresh fish especially the “lampuki” pie and the “pastizzi”. On their day of arrival, our special guests are served with local delicacies including crunchy traditional bread with paste and fresh herbs, sheep peppered cheese, oven baked onions…a heaven for those who love typical cuisine.
THERE IS SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE...
• WALKING AND CYCLING Holidays during Spring and Autumn (Guided walking guide booklets are available for free from our accommodation.
• Snorkelling and diving in Gozo which is attributed to have the best diving spots in the Mediterranean. Further information available from our accommodation.
• Carnival is celebrated on the five days preceding Ash Wednesday. It usually falls in February. Initiated during the Aragonese rule (before 1530), the celebration has continued to grow and expand. Colorful artistic floats, grotesque masks and dance companies of all ages and sexes parade the streets of the town and the main villages throughout the whole week. Becoming more popular is the spontaneous carnival organised after sunset in the village of Nadur. Hundreds of people walk up and down the main street dressed in comically distorted figures and the most imaginative and creative costumes and masks to conceal their identity. Free public transport during the night to our village. This year this is held between 4th and 12th February 2013.
• The week from Palm Sunday to Easter Sunday, known in the Christian calendar as Holy Week, is full of religious and folkloristic shows. The central event is the Good Friday procession during which several life-size statues representing various moments from the passion and death of Christ are paraded through the village streets of Zebbug. Several men make vows to walk in the procession carrying a heavy cross or dragging heavy iron chains tied to their ankles. They wear hoods to conceal their identity. Scores of boys and young men are dressed in period costumes to add to the pageantry of the manifestation. Most impressive is the Roman legion, a gleam of breastplates, spears and shields and who announce themselves with trumpets and drum rolls. The procession is accompanied by the village band.
• On Easter afternoon there is a procession with the statue of the Risen Christ in our village. When the statue reaches the village square, the bearers stop for a moment and then return the Risen Christ inside the church with a run. This year's celebrations take place between 28th till 31st March 2013.
• Strawberries festival in April - Festa Frawli Mgarr Malta (Transfers to and from accomodation available on request)
• Malta International Fireworks Festival Spectacular pyrotechnic event between APRIL - MAY. (Transfers to and from accomodation on request)
• Gozo Marathon April 2013 (applications available on request)
• The Medieval Mdina Festival takes place in May. The festival focuses on re-enactments, pageantry and floral displays. Activities also include a medieval street market, jousting, a display of birds of prey, as well as medieval games for everyone. Entrance fees for all museums and attractions in Mdina have been reduced. Details of dates to be given later. (Transfers to and from accommodation are available on request).
• The Malta Jazz Festival takes place in July of every year. Dates of the program to be given later.
• Local folklore reaches its climax during the Village festas – During June to September there are celebrations every weekend in a different village. A festa worthy of the name is made up of illuminations, brass bands, fireworks and a procession. Sunday 25th August is Festa of Santa Maria at Zebbug our village with a whole week of celebrations and spectacular fireworks during the weekend. Detailed program available from our accommodation.
• Nadur Wine Festival - Delicata Wine Festival at Nadur during last week of August (every day from 6pm till midnight). Public transport from and to the festival.
• Festival Mediterranea October-November 2013. An annual event on the Island of Gozo, Festival Mediterranea offers all that Gozo boasts of in the cultural and artistic arena. This mid-autumn festival has an island-wide aspect, with a wide variety of indoor and outdoor events. Music concerts dominate the celebrations, but there are also international conferences, walks and talks in ancient and historic places, field trips, food and drink events and art exhibitions. Festival Mediterranea offers visitors a great opportunity to learn about Gozo's temples and archaeological sites through a series of lectures and visits.
• Attend to Renowned Operas during the Autumn Season.
•Visit the island of Gozo in December 2013 and January 2014 and experience Christmas Live cribs. FREE guided tour of the live cribs on the island to all our visitors.
Build your perfect trip, with Holiday Lettings & TripAdvisor
Real opinions, real reviews
Genuine guest feedback from 100,000+ reviews
Quick response times
Know where you're staying within 24 hours
Safe, simple, secure
When you pay online with PayPal or by credit/debit card
Book with confidence
Pay online to be covered by Payment Protection
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
23 Jan 2012
"A delightful property, full of character and comfort."
The service we received was excellent. Our hosts were helpful, informative and hospitable. The property was beautifully renovated retaining original features but providing modern facilities. It was stylish, comfortable and well equipped. We deliberately chose the quiet village location which was within easy reach of amenities by car. The views from our roof terrace were stunning. We could not fault the property though the spiral staircase to the roof required care. A memorable visit.
Thank you so much for your positive comments and it is a pleasure for us knowing that you found "il-Forn" full of comfort and well equipped to make your stay a memorable one. We are also glad to hear that you've found the property in a tranquil ambience yet so close to amenities. The roof offers splendid views and it is worth to take some care going up the staircase (as with all spiral staircases especially if one is relatively tall) and enjoy the strikingly impressive view of the Xwejni sea and the valley overlooked by the Fanal tal-Gordan - one of the most spectacular coastal scenes on the island. Knowing you and part of your lovely family was so special to us and would be really nice if we have the pleasure to meeting you and hosting you once again at "il-forn"! Mary & Andrew
You're booking with
- 5 Years listed
83% Response rate
Calendar last updated:10 Oct 2015
Based in Malta