from £56 / night help Price for guests, Nights
Kittiwake One Apartment
- 1 bedroom
- 2 sleeps
- 2 nights min stay
- 1 bedroom
- 2 sleeps
- 2 nights min stay
Description from owner
Kittiwake One is a one bedroom self-catering apartment located on a private lane overlooking Woolacombe Bay. From the property's hilltop location, which commands a view across miles of North Devon coastline, Woolacombe beach is a 10 minute walk downhill. The return journey depends on how fit you're feeling, although there is a bus service which drops off 100 yards from the front door!The location is quiet and peaceful, yet only fifteen minutes from the main facilities of larger towns such as Ilfracombe and Braunton. The apartment enjoys easy access to all amenities, including several centres for outdoor activities such as climbing and horse riding. For those interested in more leisurely pursuits, the walks along the coastal path are hard to beat.The local restaurants offer excellent choices of surf, turf and everything in between for those meals when you don't fancy taking the self-catering too literally - you are on holiday after all!Inside the apartment, the living room
Kittiwake One is a one bedroom self-catering apartment located on a private lane overlooking Woolacombe Bay. From the property's hilltop location, which commands a view across miles of North Devon coastline, Woolacombe beach is a 10 minute walk downhill. The return journey depends on how fit you're feeling, although there is a bus service which drops off 100 yards from the front door!The location is quiet and peaceful, yet only fifteen minutes from the main facilities of larger towns such as Ilfracombe and Braunton. The apartment enjoys easy access to all amenities, including several centres for outdoor activities such as climbing and horse riding. For those interested in more leisurely pursuits, the walks along the coastal path are hard to beat.The local restaurants offer excellent choices of surf, turf and everything in between for those meals when you don't fancy taking the self-catering too literally - you are on holiday after all!Inside the apartment, the living room forms a focal point for entertainment on days in. Lounge around on the armchairs or sofa and make use of the board games and books while you play your music on the iPod dock, or settle down in front of the TV and DVD player to catch the shows you can't live without. Free wi-fi means you can catch up with entertainment or friends online while you enjoy your break. The living room leads out to a patio (sometimes called our breakfast room) where you can enjoy the view across miles of coastline from the picnic table.With one double bedroom, Kittiwake One is ideal for couples looking for a romantic getaway, with plenty in the surrounding area to see and do during your stay.
Garden is shared with other residents of the building.
Patio area is exclusively for residents in Kittiwake One.
Not suitable for guests with reduced mobility due to steps leading up to the property.
Further details indoors
New for 2014 - Wifi included!
Further details outdoors
1 dedicated parking space as well as access to shared communal parking.
Location description from owner
The England region
North Devon & Exmoor offer the perfect UK holiday setting. Whether you are looking for a weekend break or a longer romantic getaway you'll find everything you need for a memorable holiday.
Devon's fantastic sandy beaches and hidden coves will entice you to explore, while dramatic coastlines and rugged uplands will take your breath away. Award winning local food and drink will tempt you and various activities and great days out will keep you entertained from dawn to dusk. The National Trust, for example, lists 48 places to visit in Devon.
Being a coastal location, Woolacombe has it's own microclimate. As changeable as the British weather can be, sunny days on the beach are unbeatable. However there are lots of local alternative activities suitable for liquid sunshine days, from cinemas and theatres to wine tasting tours and indoor rock climbing. Below is a handful of activities our guests have enjoyed within reasonable driving distance of Kittiwake One:
• Surfing lessons at the local surf schools
• Climbing at one of the many centres in the area, such as the Rock and Rapid Adventure Centre.
• Quad biking and paintballing at Keypitts Farm
• Visit Quince Honey Farm
• Walking along the coastal path
• Catching a show or comedy routine at the Landmark theatre in Ilfracombe
• Enjoying ‘Treasure Trails’ in Barnstaple and Ilfracombe. Maps are available from the Woolacombe Tourist Information Office in town.
• Sampling food and drink at various local pubs.
• Visiting the Ilfracombe aquarium and RNLI visitors centre.
• Taking a boat (or helicopter) trip to Lundy Island.
• Cycling along the Tarka Trail.
• Taking in the gardens and sculptures at the famous Broomhill Hotel.
• Enjoying the music and activities during the Gold Coast Festival.
• Being amazed by the quality of work at the annual sand sculpture competition on Woolacombe Beach.
• Savouring a cream tea with a view in one of the many local tea rooms.
- Beach / lakeside relaxation
- Nearest beach 1 km
- Not suitable for children
- Car advised
- No pets allowed
Bed & bathroom
- 1 Double Bed
- 1 Shower room
- Wi-Fi available
- Shared garden
- Balcony or terrace
- Sea view
- Internet access
- Central heating
- Washing machine
- Clothes dryer
- DVD player
- Linen provided
- Towels provided
- Not suitable for wheelchair users
- Check in time:16:00, Check out time:11:00
- If you have any questions about check-in or check-out times, please contact the owner/manager.
- This rental can only be paid for online through Holiday Lettings using your credit/debit card or PayPal (never by bank or wire transfer).
- No smoking at this property
- Cancellation policy
1. There's no bath.
2. There's only 1 bedroom so the sleep pattern can be a little tricky. There is space for a travel cot, and some parents will put their children on the sofa beds in the living room.
3. Some of the furniture in the flat has unprotected corners.
4. There are no baby locks on any of the kitchen cupboards.
Please get in touch for more specific advice.
About the owner
Mitt and Claire N
- Response rate:
- Calendar updated:
- 24 Aug 2016
- Years listed:
- Based in:
- United Kingdom
Languages spoken: English
This Apartment has 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom and sleeps 2. It’s been listed on Holiday Lettings since 19 Jul 2012. Located in Devon, it has 21 reviews with an overall rating of 4.5. The average weekly rate varies from £335 to £575.
The Owner has a response rate of 100% and the property’s calendar was last updated on 24 Aug 2016.
Map and how to get there
– based on 21 reviews
- Very Good
“Great place for a getaway.”
This was our first trip to Kittiwake, and can't wait to go back. Fab views, everything you need in a holiday rental and a very comfy bed. Great base for sight seeing and spending the day on the beach. The beach doesn't look too far away and the walk down is fine, however coming back up is hard if you are not used to excersise or walking a steep inclined hill. Lots of parking so quite easy to just drive down :)
Thank you for the lovely review. We certainly agree about the view from Kittiwake One and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Build your perfect trip, with Holiday Lettings & TripAdvisor
Book with confidence
Pay online to be covered by Payment Protection
Real opinions, real reviews
Genuine guest feedback from 100,000+ reviews
Safe, simple, secure
When you pay online with PayPal or by credit/debit card
Quick response times
Know where you're staying within 24 hours