from £75 /night help Price for guests, Nights approx:
from £75 /night help Price for guests, Nights approx:
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Contact the advertiser to confirm the total cost.
Cottage / 2 bedrooms / sleeps 4 Home 65495
Availability Your dates are available
Cottage / 2 bedrooms / sleeps 4
The lay out of the property has been well thought out to maximise the use of the space that was available on the building plot. The property is located in town it is a newly built property only 8 years old. It is close to everything that is happening in the town, so you can park up the car and not need it for the whole time you are on holiday.
Unless of course you want to visit the village of Goathland and walk the TV set of the village that is featured in Heartbeat, the garage the pub the post office etc. Take a trip to the village of Gromount the home of the Harry potter steam train take a trip out on this train and admire the scenery of the north Yorkshire moors fantastic views of the country side.
Not forgetting of cause the amusements and beach for the kids enjoy some fresh air with fish and chips at the as featured on the TV the Magpie cafe along the harbour side.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Shower rooms|
|Nearest beach||Whitby and Sands end 500 m|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||100 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Teesside (Durham tees valley) 71.3 km, Nearest railway: Whitby 500 m|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Some pets are welcome - please contact the owner, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Furniture||2 Double Beds, Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Access||Not suitable for wheelchair users|
The Yorkshire region
• Welcome to Captain Cook land from where the endeavour sailed for Australia.
• Walk along the streets of Whitby where scenes of heartbeat have been shot and sometimes scenes recorded from Skinner Street itself have appeared on the Heartbeat TV program.
• Visit the Gothic abbey, climb the steps to the top of the cliff. Call in and buy some freshly smoked kippers on the way as appeared on the two old ladies cooking UK TV show.
The property is located in town it is a newly built detached property only 2 years old. It is close to everything that is happening in the town so you can park up the car and not need it for the whole time you are on holiday.
• Visit the village of Goathland and walk the TV set of the village that is featured on Heartbeat, the garage, the pub, the post office etc.
• Take a trip to the village of Gromount the home of the Harry potter steam train take a trip out on this train and admire the scenery of the north Yorkshire moors fantastic views of the country side.
• Take in a bit of the Dracula theme in the town as this is the place where some of the book was written by Bram Stoker.
• There is a museum in walking distance displaying the History of the areas heritage.
• Visit the Abbey on the top of the hill on the coast line, visit the museum and take the tour of the history of the Abbey by hiring a mobile guide giving you the history and the historical story as you walk around the grounds of the Abbey from its life in times gone by.
• There are Gothic weekends and some fantastic costumes that are worn by these guys and girls at certain times of the year. Taking in the Victorian clothes to others if you like fancy dress outfits on people walking around the town and the town coming alive with the Victorian way of dress. The whole town adapts and is into the spirit of these events.
• There are 60’s music weekends and not forgetting the Whitby regatta in the summer so lots to do and see throughout the whole year really.
Wake up in the morning to the sea gulls singing and the smell of fresh bread baking from the bakery directly opposite. If it’s a Sunday the church is just across the road and pick up your morning paper from Peters Paper shop next door while also picking up your lottery winnings if you have been lucky the night before. How good is that for the start of your relaxing holiday break.
Build your perfect trip, with Holiday Lettings & TripAdvisor
Real opinions, real reviews
Genuine guest feedback from 100,000+ reviews
Quick response times
Know where you're staying within 24 hours
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.
15 Oct 2013
"Clean, Cosy & Comfortable."
Spotlessly clean. A lovely cottage and thank you for the little extras, such as a most welcome bottle of wine, milk and some yummy sweets.
16 Sep 2012
"excellent 5****** accomodation"
Just got back from this adorable cottage so well equiped everything you need and more thanks Ivy for the wine and chocs and milk and nice friendly welcome we will definitely be back
10 Aug 2011
"Excellent central location,good value, tastefully fitted out"
Perfect location in the centre of Whitby, with car parked all week. Greeted by owner Ivy, a nice lady. Bowl of sweets and toys for my little girl. Bottle of wine, tea, coffee and milk for us. Nice modern fittings, e.g. stainless steel spot lights up the stairs, excellent power shower, TV in both bedrooms, and lots of thought has gone into quality touches. Storage space a little limited, so you have to keep tidy, but this adds to the cosy feel. It was a little noisy, despite double glazing, perhaps some sound proofing of the window seals would help; but then the seagulls calling add to the atmosphere
You're booking with
- 4 Years listed
100% Response rate
Calendar updated:06 Feb 2016
Based in United Kingdom