Le Moulin Neuf
from £770 /night help Price for guests, Nights approx:
from £770 /night help Price for guests, Nights approx:
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Contact the advertiser to confirm the total cost.
Villa / 14 bedrooms / sleeps 39 Home 63161
Availability Your dates are available
Villa / 14 bedrooms / sleeps 39
Located 10km from the medieval market town of Uzès (one the most delightful Provencal cities), Le Moulin Neuf (5000m2) lies among vineyards, along a picturesque tiny brook. A typical "mas de Provence", it has five independent spacious living areas, all with fully-equipped open kitchens, nine bath or shower rooms, 12 WCs, 14 double or triple rooms, and additional sleeping for 10 on sofa-beds.
In the central courtyard there is a swimming pool (8m diameter), secured by electronic alarm, and surrounded by a tiled terrace and a pergola with lounge chairs and sunbeds. Shadowy garden grounds planted with cypresses, umbrella pines, holm oaks, and mulberry trees. There's also a barbecue, picnic tables, and a children's playground. Private parking and storeroom for bicycles is also available.
Originally a water-mill, dating back to the end of the 18th century, Le Moulin Neuf was later transformed into a silkworm breeding and winegrowing farm. You still find hundred-year-old mulberry trees in the central courtyard and in the garden. The "mas" was completely renovated and decorated in 2002, and it now offers now 1000m2 of living area. The central living/dining room (100m2 with mezzanine/sittingroom) overlooking the pergola, the terrace and the swimming pool, has a semi-industrial kitchen offering the possibility to cook for 40. All apartments at Le Moulin Neuf are equipped with central heating and can be rented all year round.
|Size||Sleeps up to 39, 14 bedrooms|
|Rooms||14 bedrooms, 9 bathrooms of which 9 Family bathrooms|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Nearest Amenities||10 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Nimes 25 km, Nearest railway: Nimes 25 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|Pool||Private outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Furniture||5 Sofa beds, Double beds (5), Single beds (19), Dining seats for 20|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Private outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony or terrace, Private garden, Private tennis court, BBQ|
|Access||Parking, Suitable for people with restricted mobility, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
|Further details indoors|
The chateau is made up of five independent living areas; all with fully-equipped kitchens, 14 double or triple bedrooms, nine bathrooms, 12 WCs and sofa beds for up to 10 extra people, if required.
House A has two twin bedrooms (one with built in storage and one with hand basin) and a double bedroom with queen size bed. There is a bathroom with shower and WC, plus separate WC with hand basin.
House B is a spacious 2nd floor studio/mezzanine for two to four people. It comprises a large covered terrace overlooking the vineyards, a mezzanine twin bedroom, an open plan kitchen/living room, a dining area and a sitting room (with two person sofa bed). The bathroom comes with shower, WC and hand basin.
House C is an apartment for six to eight people over 2 floors. The ground floor includes a living room with fireplace, a sitting room (with 2 person sofa bed), a kitchen with storeroom and a dining room. The first floor comprises a double bedroom with hand basin and storage, two twin bedrooms (one with storage and one with hand basin). There is also a bathroom with shower, WC and 2 hand basins as well as a separate WC with hand basin.
House D is an apartment for eight to ten people over 2 floors. The ground floor includes a very large light and airy living room (in centre of the chateau with direct light from the roof), a dining room (seats 20) opening out to the pool, a semi-industrial kitchen with storeroom and washing machine and 2 WCs with hand basins. The first floor has a mezzanine sitting room with fireplace (with 2 person sofa bed), a split level master bedroom, a bathroom, a shower room and WC. The second floor (separated from first floor by wrought iron spiral staircase) has 3 twin bedrooms with hand basins and an additional shower room with WC.
House E is a large duplex for two to four people with a terrace. The ground floor has a sitting room with fireplace, kitchen and dining room that opens out to the garden, terrace and river. The first floor has a master bedroom with queen bed, a sofa bed, built in storage and an en suite bathroom. There is also a separate WC.
House F has a bedroom for two to three persons (a queen and a single bed) and a bathroom.
House G is for two to four people on the second floor of the chateau. There is a living room (with 2 person sofa bed), an open plan kitchen, a dining area, a twin bedroom, built in storage, a bathroom with shower and a separate WC.
All open plan kitchens come with four cooking plates, cooker hood, electric stove, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, deep fryer and coffee machine. The semi industrial kitchen in Unit 4 contains some extra equipment: six cooking plates, double electric stove, two cooker hoods, 12 litre deep fryer, electric grill, deep freeze and washing machine.
|Further details outdoors|
The chateau grounds consist of 16,000m² of beautiful tree-filled gardens with a private swimming pool (with exterior shower), a barbecue, picnic tables, ping pong and bike/sports equipment. The property is entirely surrounded by fencing to keep the children safe. A private tennis court is also available free of charge (with parking).
PLEASE NOTE THAT FULL PROPERTY DESCRIPTIONS, PHOTOGRAPHS, AVAILABILITY & PRICES ARE KEPT UP TO DATE ON MY WEBSITE WHICH YOU CAN VISIT BY CLICKING ON MY PERSONAL WEBSITE LINK BELOW.
The Languedoc-Roussillon region
- Uzès (10km), is one of the most delightful Provencal towns. With its colourful Saturday morning "Grand marché" and Wednesday morning "growers market" on the Place aux Herbes, it also has numerous shops and amenities, and a good choice of restaurants. A visit to the Duchy and the medieval herbgarden comes recommended.
- Many festivals in the area : modern dance, musical nights, votives festivals, wine fairs, Christmas markets, truffle days.
- Haras National Stud Farm has equestrian presentations by riding master Lucien Gruss, traditional harness team competitions, farrier competitions, national endurance championships, national championship of Provencal donkeys.
- Within easy reach of cities of historical and cultural interest: Nîmes (20km), Avignon (50km), Arles, Les Baux de Provence.
- 5km from the picturesque village of Dions with its castle and its Espeluca natural abyss.
- Bamboo growing farm of Prafrance in Anduze and natural caves in Trabuc.
- Museum of sweets/Misée du Bonbon (Haribo at Pont des Charrettes/Uzès): candies, chocolate, and an explanation of how Zan and Tagada strawberry are manufactured.
- Museum of Provence (anno 1900), railway museum, motorbike museum.
- Pottery at Saint-Quentin la Poterie.
- Wine tasting.
- Collias: canoeing and kayaking on the river along the Gorges du Gardon down to the Pont du Gard, the famous aqueduct built by the Romans.
- Rockclimbing at la Capelle and Masmolène (anchor points and boulders), or on the cliffs at Collias and Russan.
- 9-hole golf course at Pont des Charrettes (Uzès).
- Gardon river: natural swimming pools, fishing and canoeing.
- Walking and moutainbiking: many circular routes and itineraries, hiking paths (GR 6 and GR 63).
- Water Park La Bouscarasse in Serviers (8 km).
- Fishing in the Gardon, Alzon, or Seynes rivers and lake fishing at la Capelle and Masmolène.
- Hot-air ballooning in Uzès, the only place in the Gard where this sport takes place.
- Horse-riding in Collias and Russan.
Build your perfect trip, with Holiday Lettings & TripAdvisor
Real opinions, real reviews
Genuine guest feedback from 100,000+ reviews
Quick response times
Know where you're staying within 24 hours
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
Help other travellers decide where to stay
This holiday home hasn’t got any reviews yet. The average rating on Holiday Lettings is four out of five. This place could be newly added or perhaps it’s a well kept secret. Either way, it’s time to reveal all.
You're booking with
Oliver`s Travels (Property Manager Oliver`s Travels)
- 7 Years listed
Calendar last updated:26 Nov 2015
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted