5 Queens Quay - ququ05
from £62 /night help Price for guests, Nights approx:
from £62 /night help Price for guests, Nights approx:
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Contact the advertiser to confirm the total cost.
Apartment / 2 bedrooms / sleeps 4 Home 273405
Availability Your dates are available
Apartment / 2 bedrooms / sleeps 4
Queens Quay is a unique development of just eight waterfront apartments in a central position on Torquay’s vibrant harbourside. Formerly a hotel, the building has been completely re-developed and finished to an exceptional standard, whilst maintaining its original Art Deco charm.
All apartments have been thoughtfully created to maximise space, light and views. A flawless finish has been achieved by the interior designers whilst design features include:
* Contemporary fully fitted “William Ball” Kitchens.
* Black granite worktops.
* Integrated Neff kitchen appliances.
* Stylish contemporary bathrooms.
* State of the art lighting.
* Varme underfloor heating system with zoned controls.
* Heat recovery system.
* Spacious balconies offering views across the water.
Torquay’s lively harbourside is quite literally on the doorstep of these stylish apartments, where you will find shops, cafes, restaurants and bars. Torquay’s marine conservation attraction, Living Coasts is within a few minutes’ walk along with other attractions such as ten pin bowling and the theatre.
This central location is ideal for those on shopping breaks, business trips or traditional holiday makers looking for a luxurious base.
Those looking for beach fun should head to the sandy beaches of Meadfoot and Torre Abbey Sands, which are both just a 10-15 minute walk. The traditional seaside town of Paignton, with it’s golden sandy beaches and pier, is within a 3 mile drive, whilst the picturesque fishing village of Brixham is within a 9 mile drive.
A complimentary 7 day parking permit for the nearby council-run car park is included on all bookings of 7 nights or more.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites|
|Check in time:||15:00|
|Check out time:||10:00|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||DVD player, Sea view|
|General||TV, CD player|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Furniture||Double beds (1), Single beds (2), Dining seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace|
|Access||Lift access, Suitable for people with restricted mobility, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
|Further details indoors|
- Spacious open plan living, dining and kitchen area.
- Access to the balcony offering views over the pretty harbour and out to sea.
- Furnished with corner sofa seating five, an arm chair and a glass topped coffee table.
- Features a wall-mounted TV with Freeview, DVD player, Radio and CD player.
- Wooden dining table with 6 matching chairs.
- The kitchen features contemporary soft-close high gloss units and quality granite work tops.
- Fully fitted with electric oven and ceramic hob, fridge, freezer and dishwasher.
- Full range utensils and accessories including a microwave, kettle, toaster and cafetiere.
- Breakfast bar with two stools.
- There is also a washer/dryer, iron with board, vacuum cleaner and airer situated in a utility cupboard in the hallway.
Bedroom one with en-suite
- Spacious en-suite room with views across Torquay Harbour which can be enjoyed from the adjoining balcony.
- Furnished with a king-size bed, two bedside cabinets complete with matching lamps, double wardrobes and a three drawer chest.
- Features a wall mounted TV with integrated Freeview.
- Furnished with twin beds, a bedside cabinet, lamp, double wardrobe and five drawer chest.
- The main family bathroom comprises a bath with integrated shower, wash basin, mirror, shelving, heated towel rail and wc.
- En-suite to bedroom one comprises double shower cubicle, wash basin, mirror, shelving, heated towel rail and wc.
|Further details outdoors|
- Lift in the development.
- Panoramic views over Torquay Harbour from the balcony.
- Within walking distance to Torquay town centre, several beaches, attractions and local transport links.
- Wide range of restaurants, bars and nightlife on your doorstep.
- Nearby pay and display car park. A complimentary 7 night parking permit is included on all bookings of 7 nights or more.
- Ideally located for Torquay's vibrant waterfront.
- Close to neighbouring towns of Paignton and Brixham.
The English Riviera region
Devon is a large county in southwestern England. Much of the county is rural (including national park) land, with a low population density by British standards. It contains Dartmoor 954 km2 (368 sq mi), the largest open space in southern England and It is the only English county to have two separate coastlines – a north and southern coastline. The county is home to part of England's only natural UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Dorset and East Devon Coast, known as the Jurassic Coast for its geology and geographical features. This geology gives rise to the landscapes of Dartmoor and Exmoor, the latter two being national parks. The English Riviera on South Devon's coastline is also recognised as the only UNESCO Geopark in an urban area. A truly unique and spectacular coastal bay. Devon has seaside resorts and historic towns and cities, rural scenery and generally has a mild climate, heavily influenced by the North Atlantic Drift. The county receives warm summers with hot spells and cool rainy periods. Winters are generally mild and the county often experiences some of the mildest winters in the world.
St Marychurch and Babbacombe offer glorious beaches, beautiful views, easy access to the South West Coast Path, top class award winning visitor attractions including the World Famous Babbacombe Model Village, Bygones Victorian Village, The Babbacombe Cliff Railway, Babbacombe Theatre and a whole host of quality eating and drinking establishments, all within easy walking distance of your accommodation.
We thoroughly recommend experiencing all of the above, and ensure you to take a trip down to Oddicombe beach via the Cliff Railway, and enjoy a walk under the cliffs along to Babbacombe beach where you will find the Cary Arms. This is one of the best positioned Inns to be found anywhere in the country, offering stunning views from its stepped garden terrace, serving top local cuisine and offering a wide selection of local ales, with service to match! If you’re lucky, you may even get to see the very friendly Grey Seal that spends most of its time larking around catching fish in Babbacombe Bay. And keep your eyes peeled for the Dolphins!
The area also offers a plethora of activities that can be easily enjoyed, from fishing the local coastline for mackerel, Sea Bass or even Dogfish, to Scuba Diving with the local Sea Horses & Cuttlefish colonies. Tennis or Bowls can be enjoyed in nearby Cary Park, whilst Torquay’s premier Golf Club is within ‘driving’ distance if you have a decent swing (5 minutes walk away, handicap possibly required)! The options are truly endless.
The benefits of Toad Halls convenient location doesn’t end there! On top of all the above, you will find an historic village precinct just around the corner, where you can buy the freshest local produce from Devon’s land and sea, along with all the daily essentials to ensure you have everything you need for a comfortable stay on the English Riviera.
As well as the delights of the 4 main towns of Torbay (Brixham, Paignton, Torquay, Babbacombe & St Marychurch), you will find a whole host of wonderful options just outside the English Riviera if you do decide to explore the beautiful area of South Devon. From the Teign Estuary to the incredible beauty of the Dartmoor National Park, from the magical Southern Hamlets (South Hams) to the historic Cities of Plymouth and Exeter, you really are spoilt for choice. You are sure to find something great to experience whatever your tastes or whatever the weather.
visit www.greatdaysoutguide.co.uk to view a comprhensive guide to the area. You can also visit www.englishriviera.co.uk to find out more about our beautiful bay.
Build your perfect trip, with Holiday Lettings & TripAdvisor
Real opinions, real reviews
Genuine guest feedback from 100,000+ reviews
Quick response times
Know where you're staying within 24 hours
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Very Good 4/5
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
You're booking with
Blue Chip Holidays (Property Manager Blue Chip Holidays)
- 8 Years listed
100% Response rate
Calendar last updated:10 Oct 2015
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted