from £80 / night help Price for guests, Nights approx:
Bell House Apartment Four – Home 239181 Apartment
- 1 bedroom
- 4 sleeps
- min stay varies
Bell House Apartment Four – Home 239181
- 1 bedroom
- 4 sleeps
- min stay varies
Apartment / 1 bedroom / 1 bathroom / sleeps 4
- Child friendly
- Car not necessary
- Pet friendly
Description from owner
• Comfortable Cotswolds touring base • Flexible booking • Contractor accommodation also available • Convenient town & countryside location • No need to drive • London 90 mins by train • Canalside • AONB • Country pubs & restaurants • Waitrose • Multi-award winning farmer's market, best in the UK• Please see reviews for all the properties managed on Trip Advisor - Top Rated in Stroud for Port House & Apartment 2014 - www port-house co uk - Book Online direct with the Property Manager• Canal side accommodation, ideal as a base for walking holidays or touring the Cotswolds, for family or friends. Second floor Apartment, easy access public transport. One large bedroom for up to three guests - kingsize double plus single. There is one bathroom with shower over bath. The open plan living room has a fully equipped kitchen & table seating up to 4 guests. Futon base with pocket spring mattress and/or campbed available for a fourth guest. Bell House is ideally situated to enjoy the convenience
• Comfortable Cotswolds touring base • Flexible booking • Contractor accommodation also available • Convenient town & countryside location • No need to drive • London 90 mins by train • Canalside • AONB • Country pubs & restaurants • Waitrose • Multi-award winning farmer's market, best in the UK• Please see reviews for all the properties managed on Trip Advisor - Top Rated in Stroud for Port House & Apartment 2014 - www port-house co uk - Book Online direct with the Property Manager• Canal side accommodation, ideal as a base for walking holidays or touring the Cotswolds, for family or friends. Second floor Apartment, easy access public transport. One large bedroom for up to three guests - kingsize double plus single. There is one bathroom with shower over bath. The open plan living room has a fully equipped kitchen & table seating up to 4 guests. Futon base with pocket spring mattress and/or campbed available for a fourth guest. Bell House is ideally situated to enjoy the convenience of a short walk to the shops, cafe's, & nightlife of the town centre, or, equally within a few minutes walk in the other direction, the peace and quiet of scenic walks up to the Commons, a recognised Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, with some excellent country pubs & restaurants. Being quite literally on the doorstep of the junction of the two Cotswolds Canals, the locality has an additional dimension as the canals are being restored as a leisure waterway stretching from the Thames to the Severn, with interesting walks along the canal system in assorted stages of restoration.Located at the Gateway to Stroud, known for its steep streets and cafe culture. Reputedly Stroud boasts the largest concentration of artists and craftsmen in the UK. At the heart of the Five Valleys, & centrally located for visits to the spa towns of Bath & Cheltenham, Oxford, Stratford upon Avon, Tetbury & the Cotswold Villages. Easy reach of the Forest of Dean and further into South Wales.
Location description from owner
The Cotswolds region
The Cotswolds are well known for breathtaking rolling countryside, gentle hillsides ('...wolds') and sleepy 'typically English' villages. This region is an area popular with both the English themselves and all visitors.
Bell House provides an ideal base for visits throughout the region including the spa towns of Bath and Cheltenham, and historic Cirencester, Gloucester, Bristol, Oxford and Stratford-upon-Avon....
Bath, a designated World Heritage Site, is one of Britain's most beautiful and historically significant cities; The Regency Spa town of Cheltenham is a significant venue for art/music/literature festivals; Gloucester's historic Cathedral featured in the films of J K Rowling's first Harry Potter books; Oxford is home to one of the most prestigious Universities in the World; visit Shakespeare's birthplace in Stratford-upon-Avon...
Diverse shopping opportunities, from specialist boutiques & designer outlet, to world class antiques and chain stores.
Something for everyone...
The Cotswolds has many well known attractions but here are a few of the more unique experiences from just across the road up to within a 30 minute drive: local canal restoration, history in the making (www.cotswoldcanalsproject.org/brimscombe) ; take a trial flight in a glider, an adventurous way to take in the stunning local views; Bibury's Arlington Row, its origins dating from 1380, found in 'the most beautiful village in the Cotswolds' William Morris; the Severn Bore, a 'spectacular natural phenomena'; Hetty Pegler's Tump, part of the Cotswold's Neolithic history, and so much more..
It's a five minute drive (or a healthy walk up hill) up to the Commons with some of the most beautiful National Trust managed common land in the country, with outstanding and far reaching views over the Cotswolds, and towards the Severn Estuary and Wales beyond. Horses and cattle roam freely across the Commons, and the grassland slopes are home to rare butterfly and wildflower species including thirteen species of orchid. Minchinhampton Common has many interesting and important archaeological features, some dating from the Neolithic period.
The area is perfect for Walkers.
A few local things to do that you just shouldn't miss out on....
A natural event - (www.severn-bore.co.uk)
Excellent dining in nearby villages - The Black Horse, Amberley (www.blackhorseamberley.co.uk), The Halfway House, Box (www.wildinthecotswolds.co.uk)
Sophie's Restaurant in Minchinhampton - Cotswold Life Restaurant of the Year 2005, Good Food Guide 2006 (www.sophiesrestaurant.co.uk)
Cheeserolling - May bank holiday (www.cheese-rolling.co.uk)
Stroud Farmers Market - every Saturday morning, Award Winning Market of the Year 2010 (www.fresh-n-local.co.uk/markets/stroud.php)
Westonbirt Arboretum - especially autumn colours (www.forestry.gov.uk/westonbirt)
Equestrian events at Gatcombe Park, Badminton Horse Trials, Polo Club Cirencester, Cheltenham Races.
The Cotswold Water Park - a complex of 140 lakes situated 4 miles south of Cirencester (www.cotswolds.com)
Gliding out of Aston Down Airfield (www.cotswoldgliding.co.uk)
Hot Air Ballooning
Horseriding - family run Burnt Ash Farm is located in Minchinhampton (www.burntashfarm.co.uk)
Golf - Minchinhampton Golf Club, founded 1889, comprises 3 golf courses, each of different character (www.mincholdcourse.co.uk; www.mgcnew.co.uk).
- Great for children of all ages
- Pets welcome
- High chair available
Bed & bathroom
- Bedroom 1: King Bed Single Bed
- 1 Family bathroom
- Wi-Fi available
- Shared garden
- Internet access
- Central heating
- Washing machine
- High chair available
- Satellite TV
- DVD player
- Hair dryer
- Linen provided
- Towels provided
- Secure parking
- Not suitable for wheelchair users
- This owner does not use online booking. Please contact them and they will be able to offer you a secure way to pay for your stay. Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer (such as Western Union or Moneygram) as this type of payment is untraceable.
- No smoking at this property
- Cancellation policy
About the owner
- Response rate:
- Calendar updated:
- 16 May 2016
- Years listed:
- Based in:
- United Kingdom
Languages spoken: English
This Apartment has 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom and sleeps 4. It’s been listed on Holiday Lettings since 12 Jun 2012. Located in Cotswolds, it has 8 reviews with an overall rating of 5. The average weekly rate varies from £380 to £665.
The Owner has a response rate of 90% and the property’s calendar was last updated on 16 May 2016.
Map and how to get there
– based on 8 reviews
- Very Good
“Perfect, smart apartment in central Stroud for Cotswolds visit.”
My partner and I spent a week in the Bell House apartment four, with our lovely pup, Teg. We had a great week away from London, enjoying Stroud (especially the Farmers market), and going for coffee in the downstairs canal-side cafe which was wonderful. The apartment was spotlessly clean, very comfortable, and had everything we needed. Waitrose is 5 minutes away, and in 15 minutes we could walk in deserted woodlands for hours and have a fine glass of real ale in the sunshine. The whole week was perfect and with parking outside, and a delightful spot, we recommend staying at The Bell House very highly.
“Great apartments, great location, great owners, great vacation!”
Bell House apartments are perfect for big families, families with pets, or people who want the amenities of home but right in the middle of the Cotswalds. Bell House is in a great location for those with cars who want to do day trips throughout the area - Oxford, Bath, Chipping Camden, Stratford-Upon-Avon etc. Stroud was a little disappointing but the pubs, long walks and countryside were just minutes away. We loved staying there. And it was a plus that the owner Jane and her husband were responsive to our every need and made our visit feel like we were at home. The Lock Keepers Cafe downstairs is an added bonus - great breakfasts and coffees/teas. Highly recommend the Bell House.
Build your perfect trip, with Holiday Lettings & TripAdvisor
Real opinions, real reviews
Genuine guest feedback from 100,000+ reviews
Quick response times
Know where you're staying within 24 hours