Home rental in Spodnje Gorje – Home 225381 House
- 3 bedrooms
- 8 sleeps
- min stay varies
Home rental in Spodnje Gorje – Home 225381
- 3 bedrooms
- 8 sleeps
- min stay varies
House / 3 bedrooms / 2 bathrooms / sleeps 8
- Beach / lakeside relaxation
- Nearest beach 4 km
- Child friendly
- Car advised
- Pet friendly
- Private garden
Description from manager
It’s a perfect place to recharge your batteries with a good book, or to get back in touch with Nature with a long bike ride or hike in the National Park. Appetites have never been sharper in this mountain air, or sleep so deep!The essentials:Newly renovated house 3km from BledSleeps 6 in 3 bedrooms PLUS a child's cot (2 double bedrooms, one of which also has a child's cot; one twin bedroom). An additional sofa bed in the living room gives more flexibility with the sleeping arrangements - the sofa bed sleeps 2 River and mountain views, on edge of Triglav National ParkCharcoal barbecue and outdoor chairs and tableBaby bath, high chair and changing mat The area is popular with outdoor types - hiking, fishing, swimming, skiing, caving, biking and white water rafting are all nearby. Great excursions locally - Vintgar Gorge is only 1km away. We can help you arrange excursions through our local agent.On the edge of a village with good amenities - there is a great restaurant
It’s a perfect place to recharge your batteries with a good book, or to get back in touch with Nature with a long bike ride or hike in the National Park. Appetites have never been sharper in this mountain air, or sleep so deep!The essentials:Newly renovated house 3km from BledSleeps 6 in 3 bedrooms PLUS a child's cot (2 double bedrooms, one of which also has a child's cot; one twin bedroom). An additional sofa bed in the living room gives more flexibility with the sleeping arrangements - the sofa bed sleeps 2 River and mountain views, on edge of Triglav National ParkCharcoal barbecue and outdoor chairs and tableBaby bath, high chair and changing mat The area is popular with outdoor types - hiking, fishing, swimming, skiing, caving, biking and white water rafting are all nearby. Great excursions locally - Vintgar Gorge is only 1km away. We can help you arrange excursions through our local agent.On the edge of a village with good amenities - there is a great restaurant and bar only 5 minutes walk from the house, and the nearest supermarket is a 10 minute walk15 minutes from Austria, 40 minutes from Italian border resortNumerous attractions close by: Radovljica, Pokljuha, Begunje, Bohinj and KropaDay trips possible to Soca Valley, Ljubljana, Postojna Caves, Piran, Slovene and Croatian coasts, Tarvisio, Udine, Venice, Zagreb30 minutes from ski resorts
Please note that the minimum stay refers to the minimum allowable stay at the quoted rates. Shorter stays are often possible, subject to supplements as appropriate to the season / length of stay, etc.
Further details indoors
The living room is a large seating and dining area, with a traditional tile stove for additional winter warmth. It's a great place to eat, play cards or watch the river from the windows.
In the living room, a large plasma screen, DVD and video, and over 300 TV channels mean you can easily unwind and while away a couple of hours with a film. There is a wide selection of DVDs for different tastes. We also have a CD player with great speakers which you can plug an iPod into.
The kitchen is well stocked with utensils and has a dishwasher, washing machine and cooker. A large wooden table with benches provides a more informal sitting area where you can drink your morning coffee, plan the day's excursions or just gaze at the river views outside.
There are two fully stocked bookcases with maps and guidebooks to inspire your activity planning, children's books and plenty of novels. All three bedrooms have river views and river sound-effects. There are wooden floors throughout and beautiful antique furniture. We've installed a safety gate for children at the top of the stairs. Families with young children should bear in mind that it is not ideal to leave children unsupervised in the garden, as the driveway slopes down to the village road.
We have WiFi throughout the house so staying connected is not a problem.
Further details outdoors
The house has its own driveway which has parking for three cars, and two balconies for you to enjoy the fresh air and the views.
It has all mod-cons in the kitchens and bathrooms, including under-floor heating in the bathrooms for extra coziness.
Location description from manager
The Upper Carniola Region
Gorenjska is the north eastern region of Slovenia. It is bordered by the Julian Alps, and partially contains Triglav National Park. It has several medieval market towns of historical note, and in the foothills of the mountains lots of untouched traditional villages. It is one of the best places to see the traditional Slovene hay drying racks and to wander through scenes of pastoral wonder, enjoying the fresh green meadowlands and sparkling lakes and rivers.The people are down to earth and friendly and the pleasures of a cold Slovene beer drunk in a sunny village square or a cappucino in one of the medeival town centres unique. There really is something different to experience every day.
The house is on the edge of a village called Spodnje Gorje. A small supermarket is less than 10 minutes' walk and stocks everything you need. The bar and restaurant at the top of our hill - Gostilna Fortuna - has recently become a favourite for both locals and foreigners. It serves spit-roasted hog and chicken almost every day in summer and has great outdoor seating with fine views and a varied menu. A few minutes further is Gostilna Vintgar - by the entrance to the famous gorge - which is a classic Alpine hut, again, serving a varied menu. Both places serve the famous local trout caught from the river you can see from the house.
Ideas for some things to do:
1. Bled: Everyone should hire a rowing boat and take themselves over to the island, although you can of course pay someone to take you instead. The water is warm enough (27°C in summer) for swimming several months of the year and a couple of beaches are easily accessible from the house. If you’re lucky, it freezes over completely in the winter. Bled has lots of good restaurants and one or two late night bars. Pub Bled is a popular spot in the evenings for drinking Laško beer and dancing
2. Vintgar Gorge: peaceful walk near the house along a gorge to a waterfall, with wooden bridges passing over white water and rock pools. Walk for 15 minutes from the house and you're there. There's a good restaurant there too.
3. Radovna Valley: a 12km road along the valley floor begins at the end of Zgornje Gorje, larger sister village to Spodnje Gorje, and leads you to the centre of Triglav National Park. There are lots of walking trails that can either start off your hike to Triglav or provide more modest hikes, as the Radovna Valley gives access to Kot, Krma and Vrata Valleys.
3. The Pericnik Waterfall near Kranskja Gora - 30 minutes from the house. You can walk behind this 52 metre glacier formed waterfall, a remnant of the Ice Age.
4. Radovljica: pretty medieval town a couple of miles from Bled. The bee-keeping museum is worth a visit – the content is so unexpectedly interesting! You can see how bee-keeping has changed with the ages in Slovenia, and see local folk-art with the painted bee hive panel display
5. Bohinj: driving to the Vogel ski resort cable car gives you an idea of the sheer size of this lake. You can hike to a waterfall at one end of the lake, or go canoeing. A local stable takes you to the shores of the lake on horseback
6. Soca Valley: you’ll be stunned by how blue the water is (it’s the limestone). This is where the main white water rafting outfits are. There’s a great war museum in Kobarid (also known as Caporetto, where Hemmingway wrote a Farewell to Arms)
7. Ljubljana: Sundays at the bustling antique market on the river, with bargain hunting followed by pivo in one of the waterfront cafes. You can take the train to Ljubljana from Bled, spend the evening bar-hopping and clubbing, and take a taxi back to Spodnje Gorje for around 90 euros.
8. Austria: the lake resorts of Carinthia attract a respectable, sedate crowd. Nice for watching the yachts and eating schnitzel in the sun. Klagenfurt and Villach are pretty, bustling towns with good shopping, restaurants and bars - and great traditional Christmas markets in winter.
9. Tarvisio: Nearest Italian town and nice for shopping and eating.
The house is well stocked with maps and guidebooks for your perusal – ideal for planning sight-seeing trips and walks around the local valley, including Triglav National Park.
- Great for children of all ages
- Pets welcome
- Cot available
- High chair available
Bed & bathroom
- 2 Double Beds, 1 Sofa Bed, 2 Single Beds, 1 Cot available
- 2 Family bathrooms
- Wi-Fi available
- Private garden
- Balcony or terrace
- Internet access
- Central heating
- Washing machine
- High chair available
- Satellite TV
- Video player
- DVD player
- CD player
- Hair dryer
- Linen provided
- Towels provided
- Not suitable for wheelchair users
- This rental can only be paid for online through Holiday Lettings using your credit/debit card or PayPal (never by bank or wire transfer).
- No smoking at this property
- Cancellation policy
About the manager
Think Slovenia, Ts1 D.o.o.
- Response rate:
- Calendar updated::
- 18 Jan 2017
- Years listed:
- Based in:
- Overall rating:
Languages spoken: English, French, Italian
This House has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and sleeps 8. It’s been listed on Holiday Lettings since 03 May 2012. Located in Bled, it has 8 reviews with an overall rating of 4.5. The average weekly rate varies from £575 to £860.
The Manager has a response rate of 100% and the property’s calendar was last updated on 18 Jan 2017.
Map and how to get there
Build your perfect trip, with Holiday Lettings & TripAdvisor
Book with confidence
Pay online to be covered by Payment Protection
Real opinions, real reviews
Genuine guest feedback from 100,000+ reviews
Safe, simple, secure
When you pay online with PayPal or by credit/debit card
Quick response times
Know where you're staying within 24 hours