Holiday apartment with shared pool in Sliema – Home 201636 Apartment
- 2 bedrooms
- 4 sleeps
- min stay varies
Holiday apartment with shared pool in Sliema – Home 201636
- 2 bedrooms
- 4 sleeps
- min stay varies
Apartment / 2 bedrooms / 2 bathrooms / sleeps 4
- Beach / lakeside relaxation
- Nearest beach 0.1 km
- Swimming pool
- Child friendly
- Car not necessary
- Air conditioning
- No pets allowed
Description from owner
A superb and impeccable spacious two bedroom corner apartment which is luxuriously and genuinely finished by a professional interior designer and lights engineer, fully furnished to high standards and enjoying a large surrounding sunny terrace. The apartment is located in the smallest block of the latest luxurious and most modern residential complex in the area of Tigne' Sliema, an area well known for its luxury residences so close to the crystal clear rocky beaches.The apartment enjoys an excellent location which is only 2 minutes walk from the nice rocky beaches of Qui-Si-Sana and Tigne', the well known promenade and the latest shopping complex with over 50 branded shops (including a supermarket and pharmacy). It is also within walking distance to restaurants, bars, more beaches, more shops, the bus terminus, taxi stands and the ferry area (for fantastic day and evening cruises around the Maltese Islands nearly all year round and also the water taxi to Valletta). Basically,
A superb and impeccable spacious two bedroom corner apartment which is luxuriously and genuinely finished by a professional interior designer and lights engineer, fully furnished to high standards and enjoying a large surrounding sunny terrace. The apartment is located in the smallest block of the latest luxurious and most modern residential complex in the area of Tigne' Sliema, an area well known for its luxury residences so close to the crystal clear rocky beaches.The apartment enjoys an excellent location which is only 2 minutes walk from the nice rocky beaches of Qui-Si-Sana and Tigne', the well known promenade and the latest shopping complex with over 50 branded shops (including a supermarket and pharmacy). It is also within walking distance to restaurants, bars, more beaches, more shops, the bus terminus, taxi stands and the ferry area (for fantastic day and evening cruises around the Maltese Islands nearly all year round and also the water taxi to Valletta). Basically, it is central to every amenity but at the same time it is away from the excessive noises and traffic of the city. This property is fully equipped with all the necessary amenities and modern day luxuries. It consists of two spacious and comfortable double bedrooms (main with en-suite bathroom with shower), one large main bathroom with bath and flexible shower head and shower screen, a large kitchen with all appliances and an extendable dining table and a comfortable living area with a leather sofa and 42 inch LED TV with internet applications. All rooms enjoy a large and very nice surrounding terrace, ideal for enjoying outdoor relaxation and dining as it is equipped with a rattan dining table with chairs and a gas BBQ.There is also a secure 1 car space located underneath the apartment included in the price, in order to get rid of the parking problem that there is in Sliema during the day. However, thanks to the good network of public transport in Sliema, a car is not necessary to explore the Maltese Islands since the very near bus stops make it so easily to go to the main attractions and places. The public transport service is cheap, frequent, reliable and convenient. All our previous guests who did not rent a car, have all praised the great location of our apartment and its proximity to the public transport link. The apartment is served with a lift which is accessible from the street level and also from the garage. The apartment is also adequate for people with reduced mobility however please speak to us first prior you book. The property will be cleaned and prepared prior to each arrival, where fresh bed linen and towels are provided. We do not charge any cleaning fees however we expect that you leave the apartment clean and take care of it, just as if it were your own home. Stays for Summer (usually between June and September - weather permitting) include the use of the exclusive large communal pool, sunbeds and umbrellas. The pool is open from approximately 10:00am until 7:30 pm. The north-facing location of the pool enjoys full sun until 3:00 pm, making it very fresh and enjoyable afterwards with very nice breeze throughout the whole summer. Vending machines are available which provide light snacks and drinks. The pool is filled with salt water, which makes the water very crystal clear and clean all day. Part of the large pool is only 0.5m deep, specifically for children. The pool is exclusively available to the residents of the complex,
Further details indoors
Luxury amenities include:
• Welcome pack consisting of tea, coffee, orange juice, water and a bottle of wine
• LED TV with digital radio stations and built-in social media applications
• BluRay DVD player
• 50 TV channels including Discovery Channel, National Geographic & Disney Channel
• Free DVD library
• Free Broadband WiFi Internet access
• Cordless digital telephone with free outgoing calls to any local fixed line
• Fully-equipped First Aid kit, fire blanket and fire extinguisher
• Tea and coffee making facilities, including an espresso and cappuccino coffee making machine (ground coffee on request)
• Leather sofa & leather chairs
• Glass tables
• Modern Italian furniture throughout the whole apartment
• Sheer curtains and venetian blinds
• Fully orthopedic mattresses, one is in memory foam, for super comfortable sleeping
• High quality bed linen and bath towels / blankets and quilts provided during the colder months
• Beach towels
• Teapot and coffee pot
• Laundry and cleaning accessories
• Wine, beer, shot, champagne & cocktail glasses
• Brand new kitchen utensils, plates, bowls, pots, glasses and cups
• Campingaz Gas Barbeque
• Comforttable Cot, highchair & single folding bed are on request and provided for free
Luxury finishes include:
• Air-conditioning in bedrooms and kitchen/dining/living
• Large double glazed doors in all rooms leading onto the terrace, bringing in a lot of natural light
• High level of Insulation, keeping the apartment warm in winter and fresh in summer
• Video intercom
• Engineered lighting in nearly all rooms
• Contemporary light fittings
• Emergency lighting in hallway
• Fire alarm
• Feature walls decorated with contemporary wallpaper in living room and main bedroom
• Modern bathrooms with high quality sanitary ware
• High quality paving
• Marble touches in the block common parts
• Outdoor large saltwater pool with large deck area (between June and September). Sunbeds and umbrellas free of charge
Extra paid services:
• Maid service on request
• Babysitter on request
Further details outdoors
Access to the outdoor pool open for the complex residents only with free sunbeds and umbrellas available between June and September.. The access is included in the price.
Location description from owner
The Island of Malta region
The Maltese archipelago of Malta, Gozo and Comino is a relatively small group of islands in the centre of the Mediterranean Sea but with a rich history built through the years which now offers many places of interest and things to discover. Just over 90km south of Sicily and 288km north of Africa, these islands have had various conquerors during the years leaving behind them a mark in history.
Having a total population of around 400,000 people, Malta is the largest island and is the one with the most history and commercial entities. Gozo is the second largest and is 'greener' because it is more rural than Malta, where more crafts and traditions are still practiced among the inhabitants. Comino is mostly known for its Blue Lagoon, a crystal clear rocky beach in front of a nice four star hotel.
Enjoying sunny weather for the majority of the year, having a wide selection of different beaches, having an exquisite cuisine made of traditional ingredients and over 7,000 years of history, there is a great deal to see and do during your holiday.
These islands have their own language – Maltese, which is similar to Arabic. However, English is also an official language and many people talk and understand English very well. Other spoken languages are Italian, some French, some German and some Spanish. Also, since 2008, Malta adopted the Euro as its single currency and is one of the members of the European Union.
Malta's capital city is Valletta, the hub of historical sites and museums. Places of interest not to miss in Valletta are St.John's Co-Cathedral, the Grand Master's Palace, the Museum of Archaeology and the War Museum. There are a lot of activities and exhibitions which take place in Valletta throughout the year. Prior to your arrival in Malta, check any local websites to see the events taking place at the moment. The Alarme and In Guardia Historical re-enactments, together with multimedia attractions offer an overview of Malta's history. They are very interesting especially to those who would like to discover more on Malta's past.
The pre-historic temples of Mnajdra, Tarxien and Ggantija (in Gozo) are a must visit. There are also the underground catacombs of St.Agatha and St.Paul in Rabat, and the Hypogeum in Paola (selected as a place of World Heritage by UNESCO). The Roman Villa in Rabat is truly a historical place to visit, which is next to Mdina.
Mdina was the capital city of Malta before Valletta. Mdina is also full of history and do visit Mdina in the evening and walk along the old alleys while admiring the whole city lit up creating a unique experience.
Unique activities not to miss are the weekly village feasts in summer, the Sunday open markets of Valletta, Marsaxlokk and Victoria (Gozo) all year round, a harbor cruise for spectacular views of the capital, the Carnival of Nadur (Gozo) and Valletta in February and the Good Friday processions.
For the young visitors there are also some great attractions not to miss. To mention a few there are the Splash and Fun water park, Popeye Village, Mediterraneo Marine Park, bowling and cinemas.
Going out of the central area of Malta, one discovers the rural side of the nation. The old villages comprising of the church and houses along narrow alleys in the centre are spectacular to see and walk through. There are over 360 churches in the islands, some of which deserve a visit, including the Mosta Dome (having the third largest dome in Europe), St.John's Co-Cathedral, Mdina Cathedral, the church of St.Philip in Zebbug.
These are only some of the attraction one finds in the Maltese Islands. There is so much more to see and discover, either on your own or with an organised tour.
Sliema is Malta's preferred destination amongst tourists because of its location and the variety it has to offer to all its visitors. Situated on the western coast of Malta, Sliema is very close to the capital city of Valletta and St.Julian's (known for its nightlife). The top 5 attractions of Sliema are:
1. Shopping: Numerous branded shops are found along Bisazza Street, Tower Road and in front of the ferries. Besides, The Point Shopping complex situated at Tigne' Point has over 50 branded shops, including the famous UK brand Debenhams.
2. Beaches: The rocky beaches along the promenade of Sliema are picturesque and very popular among sea lovers in summer. There are numerous diving schools in this area and also some paid beach lidos along the coast with nice swimming pools. The wide promenade along the coast which stretches from Ta' Xbiex and continues up to St.Julian;s is not to be missed either during a sunny winter day or during a cool summer evening.
3. Restaurants: One can choose from different cuisines ranging from Mediterranean, Italian, Maltese, Thai, Japanese, American and Mexican.
4. Pubs/night life: Pubs are an ideal night out with friends or family, especially if going to enjoy a nice football match with a delicious beer. Food there is also great. The night life continues till the early hours of the following morning and is alive during the whole year. For those who like discotheques, Paceville is just 5minutes far by car.
5. Cruises: From the ferry area one can take different cruises, either to the capital city Valletta, or an underwater safari, or a day cruise round the Maltese islands or even a nice sunset cruise and enjoy a romantic atmosphere.
- Great for children of all ages
- No pets allowed
- High chair available
Bed & bathroom
- Bedroom 1: King Bed
Bedroom 2: King Bed
- 1 Family bathroom, 1 En suite
- Wi-Fi available
- Air conditioning
- Shared outdoor pool (unheated)
- Shared garden
- Balcony or terrace
- Internet access
- Washing machine
- High chair available
- DVD player
- CD player
- Hair dryer
- Linen provided
- Towels provided
- Secure parking
- Not suitable for wheelchair users
- To be covered by Payment Protection this rental needs to be paid for online through Holiday Lettings using your credit/debit card or PayPal. Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer (such as Western Union or Moneygram) as this type of payment is untraceable.
- No smoking at this property
- Cancellation policy
About the owner
- Response rate:
- Calendar updated::
- 16 Jan 2017
- Years listed:
- Based in:
- Overall rating:
Languages spoken: English, Italian
This Apartment has 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and sleeps 4. It’s been listed on Holiday Lettings since 18 Jan 2012. Located in Sliema, it has 48 reviews with an overall rating of 5. The average weekly rate varies from £439 to £1097.
The Owner has a response rate of 100% and the property’s calendar was last updated on 16 Jan 2017.
Map and how to get there
– based on 48 reviews
- Very Good
Just returned from Malta after a short 3 day holiday and stayed in this superb apartment in Sliema, Tigne. The apartment can't get any better and it is exactly as described in the advert. The owners are very well coming and very helpful in all ways in means! We traveled with our 1 year old daughter and a cot and high chair were also provided as previously agreed with Jason. We found everything well prepared, well organised, very well cleaned. The apartment is very bright throughout the whole day and the terrace is a big plus to have breakfast in the morning in a sunny day! The location can't be any better and everything is within a short walking distance, Highly recommended!
Viaggio frequentamente a Sliema ma non ho mai soggiornato in questa parte di Sliema - Tigne. L'appartamento era fantastico, molto elegante e c'è tutto il necessario per il vostro soggiorno. La terrazza è molto grande e pieno di sole. Posizione non può essere migliore - vicino i traghetti, il centro commerciale, autobus ecc I proprietari sono molto professionale e anche parlano molto bene l'italiano. Sliema è la migliore città per stare a Malta. Tutto il resto è vicino con un buon servizio del autobus.
“Home from home”
We stayed from the 2nd to 12 th August and we found this apartment very well situated. The shopping centre was a 3 min walk and the pool was about a minute walk. The area was peaceful. The apartment was beautifully decorated to a very high standard. There was everything you could think of hence home from home! All in all this holiday was one that we won't forget and we will be sure to recommend the apartment to friends and family.
Dear guest, thank you for your review. It was a pleasure meeting you all and hosting you during your holiday in Malta. Glad that you enjoyed your stay, the facilities and the location of the apartment. All the best of luck!
“Everything we could want and more”
A lovely apartment, really bright and sunny and very well equipped. Fantastic location with everything on your doorstep. Our hosts were most welcoming and even put up an Christmas tree for us. We have been to Malta many times before but this was the best trip ever.
“Excellent, beautiful apartment in great location”
We were met by the friendly owner who gave us information about nearby amenities. This was an excellent apartment. Extremely spacious, clean and well equipped with a lovely balcony. Great location - just a few minutes walk to ferry, seafront, buses, restaurants and big shopping centre.
this appartment was a haven of tranqility in a very busy area , there was a lot of building work being done around but when this is finished it will be perfect, the owners where very thoughfull and proveded for every need Although Malata was our city break for the 10 days we stayed th appertment ws the peace we needed and i would recomend this to anybody
“This is perfection. A beautifully equipped residence.”
This is a brand new property that has been very tastefully furnished. it has all the 'mod cons' including an espresso machine!. A blue ray player and large flat screen kept the teenager quiet. Good wifi as well. A very short walk takes you to the shopping mall that has a good supermarket. Everything is very convenient. Thank you Ruth.
Build your perfect trip, with Holiday Lettings & TripAdvisor
Book with confidence
Pay online to be covered by Payment Protection
Real opinions, real reviews
Genuine guest feedback from 100,000+ reviews
Safe, simple, secure
When you pay online with PayPal or by credit/debit card
Quick response times
Know where you're staying within 24 hours