from £64 /night help Price for guests, Nights approx:
from £64 /night help Price for guests, Nights approx:
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Contact the advertiser to confirm the total cost.
Gite / 2 bedrooms / sleeps 4 Home 182609
Availability Your dates are available
Gite / 2 bedrooms / sleeps 4
Situated in beautiful countryside within easy reach of medieval towns and villages, chateaux and vineyards.
Approximately 600 years old, this renovated barn has a vaulted ceiling with original beams and has been sympathetically converted to retain as much character as possible whilst adding the comfort of modern living. It consists of two air conditioned double bedrooms, one with a king-size bed and the other with twin beds. There is a family bathroom with a spacious walk-in shower. The living area comprises of a spacious open-plan lounge/dining room and fully fitted kitchen with fridge/freezer, cooker, washer/dryer and microwave. The front door leads out onto a private patio area with views across the courtyard, garden and surrounding countryside.
The accommodation is all on one level and is accessible to wheelchair users with all the doorways being wider than normal.
There are a heated 10m x 5m swimming pool, games room with a full size slate-bedded pool table and dart board, a large garden and car park which are shared with our other gite, Maison d'Hibou.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Nearest beach||La Rochelle 220 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Nearest Amenities||8 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Poitiers 70 km, Nearest railway: Saumur 30 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|Pool||Shared outdoor pool (heated)|
|General||Central heating, Air conditioning, CD player, Pool or snooker table, Games room, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Furniture||Double Beds (1), Single Beds (2), Cots available (1), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair available|
|Outdoors||Shared outdoor pool (heated), Balcony or terrace, Shared garden, BBQ, Bicycles available|
|Access||Parking, Suitable for people with restricted mobility, Wheelchair users|
|Further details indoors|
There is a heated towel rail in the family bathroom.
The air conditioning in both of the bedrooms is reversible for both hot and cold.
The gite sleeps 4 but can accommodate 1 cot as well.
|Further details outdoors|
Patio table & 4 chairs provided.
There is adequate parking for up to 5 vehicles in the car park within the walled area of the property.
The lawns are large enough for badminton nets to be erected (not provided).
There is a set of boules available.
There are four bicycles of various sizes available for use off the property (safety helmets etc are not provided).
Normally, bookings are only taken for Saturday to Saturday.
Please bring your own towels for use by the pool.
It is a policy that all males wear 'speedo'-type trunks in the pool. Cut-off jeans and baggy shorts cannot be allowed due to annual, regional water shortages.
Electricity is included in rental costs.
Welcome pack including tea, coffee, sugar and wine is provided.
Whilst there is no smoking allowed in the properties or games room, ashtrays are provided for external use.
The Pays de la Loire region
Often called the 'Garden of France' the Loire Valley is an enchanted land of vineyards, flowers and rolling green hills dotted with more than 1000 chateaux. It has many medieval towns and villages steeped in history and a lot to offer visitors and it's gentle pace of life is a step back through history.
The stretch of the Loire from Chinon to Angers, which passes through Saumur, is particularly lovely. Of great interest are the Troglodyte dwellings carved out of the cliffs.
• Saumur – 25 minutes: a beautiful town with cafes, restaurants, shops, boat trips along the Loire.
• Chinon – 35 minutes: fabulous medieval streets with half-timbered houses overlooked by it’s superb fortress. A large brocante is held on the 3rd Sunday of each month along the banks of the River Vienne.
• Tours – 1 hour: the largest city in the Loire valley it has a famous medieval district and a beautiful 12th Century cathedral.
• Montsoreau – 15 minutes: on a quiet stretch of the river near the confluence of the Loire and Vienne, it is classed as one of the most beautiful villages in France with attractions including the old troglodyte village and a brocante market on the 2nd Sunday of each month.
• Candes Saint Martin – 20 minutes: another beautiful village renowned for the 12th century chapel Saint Martin with many statues decorating it’s facade and the stained glass windows tracing the story of the relics of Saint Martin. Don’t miss the walk along the Chemin du Panorama to the viewpoint above the village overlooking a particularly beautiful stretch of the River Loire.
• Langeais – 45 minutes: On its own this chateau would merit 5 stars and is almost fully furnished and in such a style as to recall some of the better National Trust properties in the UK.
• Brocantes: Montreuil Bellay 1st Sunday of each month, Montsoreau 2nd Sunday, Chinon 3rd Sunday, Saumur 4th Sunday, Azay le Rideau 5th Sunday
• Markets: Saumur every Saturday, Thouars every Friday
• Vineyards: Tasting and purchase of the superb local Saumur wines – there are 13 vineyards within 5km plus many more
• Chateaux: Montreuil Bellay, Breze, Ternay, Langeais, Villandry, Usse, Azay le Rideau, Chenonceau, Blois, Amboise plus Fontevraud Abbey.
• Zoos: Doue la Fontaine and La Fleche
• Adventure: Puy du Fou, Parc des Vallees, Saint-Benoit Aventure
• Shopping: Saumur, Angers, Tours, Poitiers
Build your perfect trip, with Holiday Lettings & TripAdvisor
Real opinions, real reviews
Genuine guest feedback from 100,000+ reviews
Quick response times
Know where you're staying within 24 hours
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.
You're booking with
- 4 Years listed
90% Response rate
Calendar updated:14 Sep 2015
Based in France