from £51 /night help Price for guests, Nights
from £51 /night help Price for guests, Nights
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Excludes fees (if applicable). Enter your dates to see the total cost.
Apartment / 1 bedrooms / sleeps 3 Home 554965
Availability Your dates are available
Apartment / 1 bedrooms / sleeps 3
r La Résidence d'Enhaut : le Gîte « Le Sud» for two people, (45 square meters) situated on the route des Pechs up above Sarlat, just 1.5 km from the historic centre welcomes you.
This accommodation comprises;
• A south- facing terrace to enjoy the sun all day,
• A comfortable living space combining a fitted kitchen with dining area and a lounge with convertible sofa-bed,
• A bedroom with double bed, bathroom and W.C.
• A dressing room for storing clothes, etc
Free and unlimited access to Wifi, flat-screen TV. Electric heating.
Enjoy this holiday home with outdoor space and private parking within a short distance of the historic centre!
A propos du linge et du ménage
- le linge de maison (draps et serviettes de toilette) n'est pas compris dans le prix
Si vous souhaitez un kit linge, au moment de la finalisation de votre réservation, veuillez nous le préciser lors de celle-ci.
- le logement doit être remis propre, une vérification sera effectuée lors de votre départ.
Si vous souhaitez la prestation ménage de fin de séjour, au moment de la finalisation de votre réservation, veuillez nous le préciser lors de celle-ci.
Taxe de séjour de 0.33€ par personne à régler.
|Size||Sleeps up to 3, 1 bedrooms|
|Rooms||1 bedroom, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Nearest beach||Dordogne 12 km|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Bergerac 50 km, Nearest railway: Sarlat|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Some pets are welcome - please contact the owner, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Double beds (1), Dining seats for 1, Lounge seats for 1|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden|
|Access||Parking, Suitable for people with restricted mobility, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
The Dordogne region
With more than a thousand and one castles, and numerous villages classed as being the most beautiful in France, The Dordogne is a major tourist attraction.
Sarlat is also registered as being within a remarkable cultural environment due to its proximity to some of the most prestigious sites – Lascaux, Beynac, Domme, La Roque, Gageac – as well as chateaux, abbeys and some breathtaking public gardens.
Dordogne is the 3rd largest department in France. It enjoys a varied and temperate climate, even though the winters might be a bit colder than in the UK.The average temperature during summertime is 30°C and the first frosts usually appaer at the end of October.
Sarlat, a town of art and history, is part of a European network. The town is engaged in heightening public awareness of both inhabitants and tourists towards its environment, to initiate an appreciation in the young for architecture and urbanism. The organisers in charge of the town's heritage, in association with the future museum's curator, have set up an action programme for the year : themed visits, development of guides, competitive games, heritage days and nights, exhibitions. The town is not only appealing : its history is fascinating.
Since over a thousand years, the town has developed around an important Benedictine abbey, built during the roman period, in the 12th century, erected as a diocese in the 14th century. The town of consuls, nobles and tradesmen, became one of jurists and clerks who surrounded the bishop.
After the wars of 100 Years', Religion and the Fronde, from the 14th to 17th century, the town rediscovered its golden age, thanks to the “noblesse de robe” and their high magistrates who exercised royal justice for the Presidial. They smartened up Sarlat with new and grand dwellings built with towers, symbols of the noblesse. This was also the period of the Humanists.
La Boetie was born here and was initiated very early to the spirit of the Renaissance. Jean Tarde, the bishop's right-hand man, met Galilee in Florence and remained in contact with him for his astronomical experiences. Fenelon, a private tutor, was employed as priest in Sarlat, by his uncle, bishop of the diocese.
More recently, the creation of the “Festival des Jeux du Théâtre” in 1952 gave a new momentum to the town. Personalities became conscious of the interest raised towards its heritage, rediscovered by performers of stage and film. Sarlat was the first town to apply the “Loi Malraux” (Mulraux Law) voted for in 1962 to restore the historic centres, “the protected sectors”. It was a second rebirth.
Our vacation rental is inside the historical centre of Sarlat. an opportunity to stay in one of France's most beautiful and fascinating locations
Sarlat is also a town of culture by way of its numerous festivals, concerts and exhibitions.
- Sarlat, the patron of musicians, sculpters, street artists and creators, distinguished and some well-known names. Carzou, Bernard Buffet, Weisbuch, O'Galop, Cocteau, Combas - but also local artists with great reputations, Alain Carrier, and even the architect, Jean Nouvel.
- Sarlat, natural decor for the seventh art : the reason being due to its beautiful landscapes and its rich heritage, Sarlat is a region used often as a film location for directors of period movies. Amongst some of the latest big screen productions one can cite “Les Miserables”, "Les Dames Galantes" ("Gallant Ladies"), "La Fille de d'Artagnan" ("d'Artagnan's Daughter"), "Cendrillon" ("Cinderella'") and even "Jeanne d'Arc" ("Joan of Arc").
- The "Festival du Film" of Sarlat : the cinema holds a place in the cultural life of the locals. The festival of cinema unfolds each year in November in the capital of the Périgord Noir. It reunites a number of actors and stars from the big screen, directors, producers and technicians bringing in more than 800 young students of Terminale “option cinema” from France and overseas.
- The "Festival des Jeux du Théâtre" of Sarlat : with Avignon, this is the oldest festival in France, and opens in mid-July and runs to the beginning of August, within a remarkable natural enclosure, at the heart of the medieval city. Marked by a strict tradition, it has always appealed to directors in presenting performances of superior quality.
Truffles, foie gras, wid mushrooms like cepes, girolles and morels, nuts, confits (meats preserved in fat) and fine country meats, chestnuts, strawberries, liquors and brandies… just some of the wonderful jewels of this land's gourmet cuisine.
On this land of the “Good Life” it is with convivial spirit that local recipes are passed on from generation to generation and have contributed to a gastronomic reputation that justifies in itself the influx of visitors received from around the world.
Build your perfect trip, with Holiday Lettings & TripAdvisor
Real opinions, real reviews
Genuine guest feedback from 100,000+ reviews
Quick response times
Know where you're staying within 24 hours
Safe, simple, secure
When you pay online with PayPal or by credit/debit card
Book with confidence
Pay online to be covered by Payment Protection
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
Help other travellers decide where to stay
This holiday home hasn’t got any reviews yet. The average rating on Holiday Lettings is four out of five. This place could be newly added or perhaps it’s a well kept secret. Either way, it’s time to reveal all.
You're booking with
Philippe Lecerf (Property Manager Transimmo.fr)
- 7 Years listed
70% Response rate
Calendar last updated:30 Aug 2015
Based in France