Il Fienile - Charming farmhouse holiday rental
from £118 /night help Price for guests, Nights
from £118 /night help Price for guests, Nights
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Excludes fees (if applicable). Enter your dates to see the total cost.
Farmhouse / 1 bedrooms / sleeps 4 Home 274590
Availability Your dates are available
Farmhouse / 1 bedrooms / sleeps 4
(60 m2: Sleeps 2-4) Large dining/sitting room with kitchen, open stone fireplace and sofabed (42 m2) + 1 double bedroom (12 m2) + a bathroom with shower, toilet, bidet, basin, hair dryer. Stone walls, high wooden ceilings with exposed beams, tiled kitchen with electric oven, four hob stove, refrigerator, freezer, kettle, toaster and basin. Adjustable heating. Private entrance. Verandah with wooden roof and terracotta tiled floor (25m2). Private garden with outdoor furniture and fence (approx. 40 m2).
The sitting/dining room in Il Fienile was originally the farmhouse hayloft, which is above the former stable.
Il Fienile has a very wide sitting/dining room which was originally the farmhouse hayloft, above the former stable. The sitting room and bedroom enjoy fabulous views out across the mountain.
This charming rustic apartment is hidden away along a secluded strada bianca, not far from the pretty village of San Marcello Pistoiese which is an ideal place in which to get to know authentic Tuscany, whether you are walking through remote mountain villages or through the streets of a world-famous Renaissance city. Set your own pace and create your own agenda, perhaps spending a rewarding day in the mountains, or discovering the art treasures of the classical world in Florence, Pisa or Lucca and indulging in local specialities on the terrace of a colourful trattoria on the piazza, before returning to your tranquil oasis set amid the silent forests around San Marcello-in-Pistoiese.
The 16 metre swimming pool, open from May to September, is built into the side of the mountain and follows the natural curves of the hillside. This site enjoys particularly spectacular views across the mountains, valley and neighbouring villages. It is 100 metres away from the house in order to ensure the peace and quiet around the apartments themselves.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 1 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Viareggio 110 km|
|Nearest Amenities||1 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Pisa and Florence (1 hour) 70 km, Nearest railway: Pracchia 10 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, Internet access|
|Pool||Shared outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General||Central heating, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Cooker, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||1 bedroom, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Shared outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
|Access||Parking, Suitable for people with restricted mobility, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
|Further details indoors|
The sitting/dining room in Il Fienile was originally the farmhouse hayloft, which is above the former stable.Il Fienile comprises: (60 m2: Sleeps 2-4) Large dining/sitting room with kitchen, open stone fireplace and sofabed (42 m2) + 1 double bedroom (12 m2) + a bathroom with shower, toilet, bidet and basin. Stone walls, high wooden ceilings with exposed beams, tiled kitchen with electric oven, four hob stove, refrigerator, freezer and basin. Adjustable heating. Private entrance. Verandah with wooden roof and terracotta tiled floor (25m2). Private garden with outdoor furniture and fence (approx. 40 m2).
|Further details outdoors|
The 16 metre swimming pool, open from May to September, is built into the side of the mountain and enjoys particularly spectacular views across the mountains, valley and neighbouring villages. It is 100 metres away from the house in order to ensure the peace and quiet around the apartments themselves.There are four apartments in the farmhouse, two for 2 people and two for 4 people. Each apartment is indipendent from the others by private entrances and private gardens allowing you to dine and relax, with a fully-equipped kitchen and open fireplace.Il Fienile has a private garden with private veranda. It has also its barbecue and an outdoor table to eat on the shelter terrace. 1 minute walk along the track and you're at the pool...In San Marcello Pistoiese (2 kms away) there are several restaurants, 4 banks with ATMs, pubs and bars, supermarkets, internet access, and everything you might need for your holiday.
The Tuscany region
No holiday to Tuscany would be complete without a discovery on foot of at least one of the remarkable Renaissance cities that make this such a fascinating region to explore. We provide city walking notes to guide you round Lucca and Florence, taking in each city's famous landmarks and some of their lesser-known treasures:
• The Delights of Lucca This marvellous walled town, unique in Tuscany for being built on a plain, is medieval in character despite obvious Roman origins. The Old Town is centred on the Cathedral of San Martino, decorated with extraordinarily intricate carvings, and housing the renowned Volto Santo crucifix, though there are several other fascinating medieval churches within the ramparts. Use our detailed notes to visit the birthplace of composer Giacomo Puccini in the Via di Poggio, close to Piazza St Michele; to explore the streets and piazzas; to wander along the ramparts; and to relax in the Botanical Gardens or the Palazzo Pfanner with its formal gardens decorated with marble statues. (approx 40km/25-mile drive)
• Renaissance Florence Florence is a delight to explore and the attractions of Italy’s greatest Renaissance city need little introduction. Almost everyone would have a different list of places they simply must visit and we recommend a self-guided city walk using our detailed notes to guide you to the most famous landmarks. From Piazza del Duomo, you will discover open squares and narrow streets, stopping to admire historic palaces and public buildings, including one of the most famous art galleries in the world, the Uffizi, which contains works by Giotto, Botticelli, Leonardo da Vinci, Donatello, Michelangelo and Raphael, among others. Be sure not to miss Michelangelo’s statue of David in the Galleria dell’ Accademia or the fascinating Ponte Vecchio over the River Arno. (approx 70km/45-mile drive)
• Pisa – charm & history The three most famous sights of Pisa are on the Campo dei Miracoli, at the end of Via Roma: the Baptistery, which is the largest in Italy, with a beautiful, simple interior; the Duomo (the cathedral), which has a superb pulpit by Giovanni Pisano; and the famous Leaning Tower, a beautiful building in its own right. Today, the lean has been halted and a climb to the top around the listing galleries is not for the faint-hearted. (approx 70km/45-mile drive)
• And don’t forget the seaside towns of Viareggio, Forte dei Marmi and Marina de Pietrasanta on the Tyrrhenian Sea, which make a fabulous day out by car, with time to visit the towns of Bagni di Lucca, Camaiore and Borgo da Mozzano, with its famous Devil’s Bridge, on the way home.
San Marcello Pistoiese
San Marcello-in-Pistoiese is just one of many delightful hill-top villages that are worth visiting in the region – and it's only a short walk from your apartment. There are several restaurants in San Marcello Pistoiese, 3 banks with ATMs, pubs and bars, supermarkets, internet access, and everything you might need for your holiday. The nearest town is Pistoia, a small but interesting place that really is worth a visit. Also worthy of note, and equally captivating, are Gavinana and its small museum, Cutigliano, and Popiglio, famed for the Castruccio bridge. Not to be missed, however, is Montecatini Terme, a beautiful spa town built by the Grand Duke of Tuscany that was once the haunt of European royalty. Sample the various treatments available in one of the stylish spas; enjoy the grandeur of the architecture; and take the funicular cable car to Montecatini Alto, the most historic part of the town, which offers panoramic views over the surrounding countryside as well as boasting a square full of inviting restaurants.
There are plenty of options for pleasant strolls in the surrounding woodland and Tuscan countryside. However, for something a little more challenging, we provide detailed route notes for some wonderful walks in the mountains:
• Gavinana Observatory (15km, 4-5hrs): Starting from the apartment, this circular walk commences with an ascent to a fine viewpoint at the Observatory. The route then heads east, contouring the mountainside above Gavinana and Maresca, using quiet forest paths that are easy to follow. The route descends into the village of Maresca, where you can stop for refreshments, before joining more tranquil paths across the open countryside back to Gavinana.
• Pistoiese Apennines: For hugely rewarding, though fairly strenuous walks, we recommend a number of routes in the mountains, including around Monte Abetone and the Corno alle Scale which can be ascended (with the aid of cable cars!) from Cutigliano, only a 10-kilometre drive from San Marcello. Discover the delights of Lake Scaffaiolo while enjoying far-reaching views through these little-known hills.
Build your perfect trip, with Holiday Lettings & TripAdvisor
Real opinions, real reviews
Genuine guest feedback from 100,000+ reviews
Quick response times
Know where you're staying within 24 hours
Safe, simple, secure
When you pay online with PayPal or by credit/debit card
Book with confidence
Pay online to be covered by Payment Protection
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
You're booking with
- 3 Years listed
90% Response rate
Calendar last updated:04 Oct 2015
Based in Italy
Credit cards accepted