from £79 / night help Price for guests, Nights
Home Central: 5 Mins walk to Royal Mile! FREE Wifi Apartment
- 1 bedroom
- 4 sleeps
- 3 nights min stay
Home Central: 5 Mins walk to Royal Mile! FREE Wifi
- 1 bedroom
- 4 sleeps
- 3 nights min stay
Description from owner
“Home Central” is a fully owner managed/maintained, spacious one bedroom apartment providing comfortable and modern accommodation (including free WiFi) for up to 4 guests in the heart of Edinburgh's historic Old Town.This city centre (see our map “photo”) Edinburgh apartment occupies a quiet position, at the rear of a refurbished 19th Century Schoolhouse. Secure entry is through the substantial “Boys” door of the old School building, with an intercom providing additional security.The apartment comprises an attractive, bright, open plan living room / dining area / kitchen. It's a comfortable living area with plenty of room to kick back and relax after a hard day out seeing the sights or attending a work event. The living room has a large chaise style sofa bed which pulls out very easily to form a good sized (6Ft 8") double bed . There is a nice sized double bedroom which has a built in mirrored wardrobe with a shelf and hanging storage space for smaller items. The shower
“Home Central” is a fully owner managed/maintained, spacious one bedroom apartment providing comfortable and modern accommodation (including free WiFi) for up to 4 guests in the heart of Edinburgh's historic Old Town.This city centre (see our map “photo”) Edinburgh apartment occupies a quiet position, at the rear of a refurbished 19th Century Schoolhouse. Secure entry is through the substantial “Boys” door of the old School building, with an intercom providing additional security.The apartment comprises an attractive, bright, open plan living room / dining area / kitchen. It's a comfortable living area with plenty of room to kick back and relax after a hard day out seeing the sights or attending a work event. The living room has a large chaise style sofa bed which pulls out very easily to form a good sized (6Ft 8") double bed . There is a nice sized double bedroom which has a built in mirrored wardrobe with a shelf and hanging storage space for smaller items. The shower room, with toilet and wash hand basin, has been recently modernised. In the hallway there is a deep cupboard which can be used for stowing away suitcases or other luggage.The modern kitchen is well provided with crockery, cutlery, glasses and kitchenware, a washer/dryer, integrated fridge/freezer, cooker, microwave as well as electrically wired heat & smoke detectors. In the immediate vicinity (1Min) there is a selection of shops, including a late night Tesco Metro (6am-11pm). However, for those that prefer to dine out, cosmopolitan Edinburgh is renowned for its large selection of restaurants, with a variety of restaurants / pubs right on your doorstep.Whenever possible, guests will be welcomed personally at the property for the handover of keys. As you would expect, crisp fresh linen, bath and hand towels are provided for guests. In addition, local information / literature, iPod docking station and a small selection of books, DVDs & board games have been provided for your perusal.
Location description from owner
The Scotland region
Why the owner chose this property: The building, an attractive refurbished 19th century Schoolhouse, is located a 5min walk away from the approximate centre of the Royal Mile and as such is close to the dead centre of historic Edinburgh (see our map “photo”). In the immediate vicinity there are a collection of museums, high quality restaurants/pubs, Festival and “Fringe” venues as well as the Festival Theatre. Being so central, the apartment is easy to find be your arrival by train (Waverley Station), airport bus (there are stops nearby) or taxi.
The Unique Benefits at this Apartment: The flat, which is located at the back (quiet) of a historical building, has an established track record as a successful Holiday Let and I'm glad to say that there have been numerous repeat visits, which I believe is a good sign. From the online / offline feed back that I have received, guests love the flat's central location and that it is just like the photo's you see on our listing!......... I speak English; however please note that over the years I have found Google Translate very effective for assisting with queries & handling bookings in other languages.
1) Drummond Street: The apartment is very centrally located with all of Edinburgh's tourist attractions within easy reach. Ideally situated for the Festival Theatre (2 min walk), while Edinburgh Castle, the Palace of Holyrood House, Holyrood Park / Arthur's Seat, Dynamic Earth and the Scottish Parliament are all within 10-15 mins walk. To round off the major sites, the newly revamped National Museum of Scotland is just a 5 min walk away.
2) Edinburgh: The Old Town's cobbled streets, closes (alleyways) and historic Victorian / Georgian architecture make it visually stunning. The grandeur of the New Town, designer/boutique shopping on George Street and an immense choice of restaurants and bars make it a city to suit everyone's taste and budget!
3) The Festival city: Festivals are what Edinburgh does best, with something going on all year round. The high summer Military Tattoo & International and the Fringe are perhaps the best known, however to name but a few Edinburgh hosts the Science festival (April), Film Festival (June), Jazz & Blues Festival (July), Book Festival, Mela (August) and numerous gourmet food
4) Entertainment: Edinburgh has a throbbing night-life, is home to various jazz bars, comedy clubs, while during the summer street entertainment & busking Bag Pipers are never far away. The nearby Festival Theatre (2min walk) & Playhouse (15-20mins) host an abundance of cultural events, including operas, ballets & stand up comedy shows
5) Walking in The Green City: Edinburgh is a fantastic city to visit and is small enough to walk around. Holyrood Park, Princes Street gardens and the meadows (tennis & pitch n putt golf!) are popular places for a stroll, offering a change to the ever present guided historical / ghost tours! For the more energetic, Arthur's Seat (10min away), an extinct volcano, is crisscrossed with walking trails and is popular with runners / cyclists as well as tourists for some of the best views of the city from Salisbury Crags. In addition, the Botanical Gardens and Edinburgh Zoo, home to the UK's only Giant Pandas, are both worth a visit and are accessible by bus.
6) Running, Edinburgh Marathon: Billed as “the fastest marathon in the UK” and “one of the fastest in the World” Edinburgh is expected to host 40,000+ elite athletes in May 2016.
7) Hogmanay, the Scottish New Year: The Scots word for “the last day of the year.” Enough said! All in all, in the sunshine there is nothing better than wandering around the streets soaking up the atmosphere. When it rains (which has been known!) you are never far from somewhere interesting to dash into out of the weather. Edinburgh boast a huge number of Art Galleries, Museums, theatres and live music venues as well as Cinema's, indoor shopping centres and entertainment Plaza's - something for everyone!
STRICTLY NO PARTIES!
NO SMOKING IN THE APARTMENT or STAIRWELL! … Please respect the no-smoking rule
NO PETS ARE ALLOWED!
Our apartment is in a residential block, please be respectful of the working professionals living in the apartments around you. This building is their home and as such they are under no obligation to put up with excessively loud music/TV noise and/or smoking in the stairwell. Please bear in mind that our neighbours can, and will, report any behaviour that contravenes these House Rules to the relevant authorities, which could entail a police caution or fine.
Finally, enough of the heavy stuff!..... We really appreciate you booking with us & hope you have a wonderful stay in our lovely home.
- Nearest beach 3 km
- Child friendly
- Car not necessary
- No pets allowed
- Great for children of all ages
- No pets allowed
- High chair available
Bed & bathroom
- Bedroom 1: Double Bed
Beds in other rooms: Sofa Bed
- 1 Family bathroom
- Wi-Fi available
- Internet access
- Central heating
- Washing machine
- Clothes dryer
- High chair available
- Satellite TV
- DVD player
- Hair dryer
- Linen provided
- Towels provided
- Not suitable for wheelchair users
- Check in time:16:00, Check out time:11:00
- If you have any questions about check-in or check-out times, please contact the owner/manager.
- This rental can only be paid for online through Holiday Lettings using your credit/debit card or PayPal (never by bank or wire transfer).
- No smoking at this property
- Cancellation policy
About the owner
Eleanor Paterson & C
- Response rate:
- Calendar updated:
- 30 Aug 2016
- Based in:
- United Kingdom
Languages spoken: English
This Apartment has 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom and sleeps 4. It’s been listed on Holiday Lettings since 10 Jul 2013. Located in Edinburgh, it has 18 reviews with an overall rating of 5. The average weekly rate varies from £599 to £1266.
The Owner has a response rate of 100% and the property’s calendar was last updated on 30 Aug 2016.
Map and how to get there
– based on 18 reviews
- Very Good
Me and my son were staying here and we had enjoined our holiday very much, the accommodation is very convenient, easy to access with all the areas, restaurants, Tesco, etc and the accommodation is full of facility, nice and very lovely decoration. In over all, I would recommend anyone that looking for short apartment to rent in Edinburgh to stay here and you won't be disappointing. However, i would like to suggest, the owner of the apartment to in store the dryer machine as when we were visiting it was almost raining constantly and our clothes was soaking wet, so we have to wash our clothes often and it won't dry on time, especially when you have baby or kids with you as their clothes get dirty often, With the extra dryer machine, I would give this apartment " 100% Perfecto" thank you.
Thank you for your review. We really value your feedback on the apartment and are very glad you both enjoyed your holiday. I hope to see you both again in Edinburgh soon.
“Perfect location for the Fringe.”
We are a family of four, two adults and two older teenagers. We were a bit cramped, the bed is queen size so I struggled a little being over 6' but slept reasonably as the place is quiet and peaceful, despite being in such a busy area. The kids were ok on the sofa-bed in the living room. The owner is very friendly and helpful. The apartment is very clean and well appointed and right in the center of everything happening at the Fringe which was our reason for being in Edinburgh. However, even at other times of the year this would be a great location, very close to the Royal Mile and a short walk to the shopping areas. We walked to the Botanical Gardens and that took us about 40 minutes. Its about 10 - 15 mins walk from the railway station. There is no free adjacent parking and municipal and NCP parking is expensive. We left our car at Sheriffhall Park and Ride for 6 days. It's a 1 pound 50 pence bus fare (33 bus) or about 12 pounds in a taxi. NCP is close by but is 15 pounds a day.
Hi - thanks for your review, your comments are really appreciated! Glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you all in Edinburgh again sometime soon!
Build your perfect trip, with Holiday Lettings & TripAdvisor
Book with confidence
Pay online to be covered by Payment Protection
Real opinions, real reviews
Genuine guest feedback from 100,000+ reviews
Safe, simple, secure
When you pay online with PayPal or by credit/debit card
Quick response times
Know where you're staying within 24 hours